MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   BMW Open (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1009)
-   -   Who's Going? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=140573)

cath85 03-24-2009 06:14 PM

Who's Going?

has anyone ever been to this? how quickly do the tickets usually get sold? should I hurry if I wanna go?

*Ljubica* 03-24-2009 06:23 PM

Re: Munich Entry List (updated March 24, 2009)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cath85 (Post 8327039)
has anyone ever been to this? how quickly do the tickets usually get sold? should I hurry if I wanna go?

Last time I went to Munich was 2005.Then you could just walk up and buy tickets on the day, - only the final was sold out well in advance as I remember, though obviously things might have changed over the years. It's a nice tournament - really nice gardens and grounds, very compact, and all the practice courts are easy to view - very friendly place. Hope you enjoy it.

cath85 03-24-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Ljubica* (Post 8327075)
Last time I went to Munich was 2005.Then you could just walk up and buy tickets on the day, - only the final was sold out well in advance as I remember, though obviously things might have changed over the years. It's a nice tournament - really nice gardens and grounds, very compact, and all the practice courts are easy to view - very friendly place. Hope you enjoy it.

thanks a lot for your answer! I hope it's still the same then!

funracer 03-25-2009 11:53 AM

I have been there for the last 4 years. Tickets have never been a problem. The only thing I hate is that you cant buy ground tickets. They only sell ground tickets, when center court is sold out. But the rest of the tournament is really nice.

cath85 03-25-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funracer (Post 8329332)
I have been there for the last 4 years. Tickets have never been a problem. The only thing I hate is that you cant buy ground tickets. They only sell ground tickets, when center court is sold out. But the rest of the tournament is really nice.

does that mean you can't go to any other court with your center court ticket?

funracer 03-25-2009 02:59 PM

You can go to every other court with it. But if you only want to watch some practice or matches on the other courts you have to buy a ticket for center court. The cheap tickets are sold out quickly and so you have to buy the expensive ones and that only for watching a doubles match on court 4. Thats not very funny.

cath85 03-25-2009 03:07 PM

Re: Who's Going?

I see... doesn't sound like fun indeed. how quickly were the cheap ones sold out? were there like any left the day itself?

marquez 03-25-2009 07:36 PM

Who's Going?

will be there of course

tomtom 04-27-2009 12:57 PM

i go every year, mostly for qualies (cheap tickets, 10 euro for all courts and the "stars" are practising). it shouldn't be a problem to get some cheap tickets from monday to thursday if you arrive early, not so sure about the weekend. it's a pretty nice tournament. have fun! :)
do you need more info? how to get there from f.e. central station or something? feel free to ask. :wavey:

cath85 04-27-2009 01:30 PM

thank you. it's very nice to offer your help, but I think I'll be okay with the subway. it looks pretty easy to get there. just maybe one thing: what subway ticket should I buy? I'm planning on staying from Friday to Wednesday

tomtom 04-28-2009 10:10 AM

it is pretty easy to get there. no worries!
the ticket question is kinda more complicated - cause of the very weird ticket system here in munich. ;)

it depends on where you live, where you wanna go and how many days you're planning to use subway/bus/tram/s-bahn. subway station "studentenstadt" (where the tournament takes place, pretty close to the northern part of englischer garten by the way...) still is in "innenraum (inner district, the white area on the subway-map) (1.-4. ring)", the central part of the city. if you also live in this area and are not planning to leave it, i would recommend you a 3-day-ticket inner district from friday to sunday and another one from monday to wednesday. the price (around 12 euro per ticket) is ok and you can use everything as often and whenever you want to (in the inner district). :)

tomtom 04-28-2009 10:21 AM

oh, forgot the link:

http://mvv-muenchen.de/en/home/fahrg...ion/index.html

cath85 04-28-2009 11:35 AM

thank you very much! the 3 days ticket seems the best to me too. and I should stay in the inner area, both the train station and my hotel are in it, so that's gonna make things easier

tomtom 04-29-2009 12:39 PM

the inner area is pretty large. i leave it very rarely - wether i'm working outside of munich. so you'll do best with the 3-day-ticket. have fun! :D

cath85 04-29-2009 11:00 PM

thank you :) also, I have a huge suitcase :lol: would I be able to take the subway with that? in Paris it's pretty hard for example, because they have those tourning thingies :rolleyes: