MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Long Wait for After Registering (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=139936)

Ozone 03-14-2009 11:49 PM

Long Wait for After Registering

Hello:wavey:,

One of my neighbor's has a foreign exchange student, and she says it has taken her a very long time after registering to finally post. I remebered the same thing happened to me. I just seems like it shouldn't take 3 weeks to activate an account.

10K Futures Qualifier 03-15-2009 12:47 AM

Re: Long Wait for After Registering

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozone (Post 8276521)
Hello:wavey:,

One of my neighbor's has a foreign exchange student, and she says it has taken her a very long time after registering to finally post. I remebered the same thing happened to me. I just seems like it shouldn't take 3 weeks to activate an account.

Yes, I remember when Ozone sent me an I.M. about this problem. I have never had to deal with it, but it should not take that long.

Carlita 03-15-2009 11:50 AM

Well, we try to check and approve them all within a few days or one week usually. But sometimes things happen that are beyond our control.
1. technical problems
2. personal stuff

If you know how many people register every day and there are only a handful of us who can actually do the checking:o.....and we do have jobs/studies/private lives too... ;)

And no, opening registration is not an option..... thanks to some of our permanently banned users :p

Thanos 03-15-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Carlita*~ (Post 8278724)
Well, we try to check and approve them all within a few days or one week usually. But sometimes things happen that are beyond our control.
1. technical problems
2. personal stuff

If you know how many people register every day and there are only a handful of us who can actually do the checking:o.....and we do have jobs/studies/private lives too... ;)

And no, opening registration is not an option..... thanks to some of our permanently banned users :p

deep down you want them back. dont fight it :D

Ozone 03-16-2009 01:13 AM

:lol:

LinkMage 03-17-2009 03:59 AM

Only forum I know which takes so long to register. Every other forum on the Internet it's done automatically. :shrug:

Not only the servers are from 1980, but the registration process too. Only at MTF! :worship:

Carlita 03-17-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LinkMage (Post 8288181)
Only forum I know which takes so long to register. Every other forum on the Internet it's done automatically. :shrug:

Not only the servers are from 1980, but the registration process too. Only at MTF! :worship:

it used to be automatically.....but some permanently banned users spoiled that a few years ago. (making like 30 accounts in 30 minutes and spamming the place with a lot of crap. So this might not be the "normal" way, but it certainly makes life a lot easier around here. :p At least this way we have a better chance of filtering them (and spammers) out.

Ivanatis 03-17-2009 04:12 PM

I remember very well that it took months for my account to be activated. I thought it wouldn't happen anymore.:p
and a friend of mine signed up right before the AO and is still waiting as well

Yves. 03-17-2009 05:41 PM

A friend of mine subscribed about 2 months ago :o

Carlita 03-17-2009 09:46 PM

then i guess something went wrong because I cleared everyone today (and the longest waiting person registered on the 14th... :p), so those who are waiting right now registered today. I'd say we're up to date!

Yves. 03-18-2009 10:35 AM

Check again please, his name is graftak 2.0

Carlita 03-18-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yves. (Post 8294382)
Check again please, his name is graftak 2.0

I told you the list is empty, so..... no im not checking again!

graftak?! Das toch geen naam :o

Ozone 03-19-2009 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yves. (Post 8290842)
A friend of mine subscribed about 2 months ago :o

bs Yves thats just one of your accounts:lol:

Ozone 03-20-2009 10:31 PM

Hey moderator check the IPs of Yves and this "friend of his" he is talking about:lol:

Yves. 03-20-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozone (Post 8308875)
Hey moderator check the IPs of Yves and this "friend of his" he is talking about:lol:

How can I possibly stay calm, Froukje?