MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Arnaud Clement Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=438)
-   -   Under the Sun of Florida (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=139706)

soulage 03-09-2009 08:46 PM

Under the Sun of Florida
 
Well not sure of his schedule but I open a new thread. No more indoors until few monthes

He's 3 alternates in IW main list after many withdrawals but he don't enter so he should come back in Sunrise where he's 1st alternates for the moment. For Miami he's now 3 alternates, I hope some withdrawals as in IW otherwise he entered the qualies.


>Sunrise
>Miami

Kezzi 03-09-2009 08:49 PM

Re: Under the Sun of Florida
 
At least you found a nice title for this topic ;)
For his schedule we'll just wait and see what happens :)

Via 03-09-2009 10:49 PM

Re: Under the Sun of Florida
 
what a warm and fuzzy title! lol i feel like i want to be there too :)

soulage 03-16-2009 04:00 PM

Re: Under the Sun of Florida
 
In Sunrise he should play double with Mahut but I wait the draw because the cut even in double is very high and they're only around #180 :sad:, I hope they can enter.

For singles the draw will be made tonight (night for us) and the cut is under #90 :eek: It will be very tough but good luck.

He's now the 1st alternate for Miami MD.

Hangdog 03-16-2009 08:50 PM

Re: Under the Sun of Florida
 
Thanks for the news :)
I was hoping for Arnico doubles at Sunrise but I expected it to be another Nico :devil: Anyway hope they'll be able to enter the draw with Nico M, too.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 8255912)
what a warm and fuzzy title! lol i feel like i want to be there too :)

Like if there is not enough sun in Australia :p

Via 03-16-2009 10:39 PM

Re: Under the Sun of Florida
 
thanks from me too :worship:

tennis is just not the same without arnaud... i haven't followed indian wells much at all, as if it doesn't exist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hangdog (Post 8286034)
Like if there is not enough sun in Australia :p

no there is never enough!! :) (luckily this week we'll have an entirely week of sun and very warm weather for autumn here):angel:

soulage 03-17-2009 09:50 PM

Re: Under the Sun of Florida
 
He won to Junqueira 6-2/6-2. Yes he had a nice first round :angel: I follow the stream and it's was so boring :o Arno did the job waiting the faults of the other guy and doing some winners but it's was not exciting. In post match interview he said it was a very good match :lol: that he loves the court, that it's his first here and it will be tough to win that tournament since the field is as the same as in an ATP tournament. Next round it wiill be the winner of Acasuso/Sela

As I expected, with Nico their rank was not enough high but they received a WC and play the first seed Coetzee/Kerr.

Via 03-17-2009 10:50 PM

Re: Under the Sun of Florida
 
well it's been a while since arno won so easily in an 'atp tournament' lol

so as long as i don't have to follow it and be bored, i'm ok with the win :)

Marine 03-18-2009 09:50 AM

Re: Under the Sun of Florida
 


I think he needs easy opponents to win some matches in a row, like in Cherbourg. Ok, these matches are not easy at all, but if he wins them, it's the most important.
You can see I try to be optimistic. ;)

It rains in Florida lol... we have a great weather in Paris ! It's nice to know, sometimes...lol

soulage 03-18-2009 08:26 PM

Re: Under the Sun of Florida
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine (Post 8294296)
It rains in Florida lol... we have a great weather in Paris ! It's nice to know, sometimes...lol

Yes very sunny in france today while in Sunrise it still rains :devil: According Challenger forum all the match have been cancelled for today lol Tomorrow two rounds have to be played.

At the end of the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOz1v...e/homepage.php you have the highligts of yesterday match.

Via 03-18-2009 10:59 PM

Re: Under the Sun of Florida
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine (Post 8294296)


I think he needs easy opponents to win some matches in a row, like in Cherbourg. Ok, these matches are not easy at all, but if he wins them, it's the most important.
You can see I try to be optimistic. ;)

It rains in Florida lol... we have a great weather in Paris ! It's nice to know, sometimes...lol

the ultimate driving machine! :lol:

we have sunny weather in sydney right now too ;)

Hangdog 03-19-2009 05:14 AM

Re: Under the Sun of Florida
 
Sunny days, huh? Here it's snowing and the forecast for this weekend is -8C. That is the weather :p
Quote:

Originally Posted by soulage (Post 8292098)
He won to Junqueira 6-2/6-2. Yes he had a nice first round :angel: I follow the stream and it's was so boring :o Arno did the job waiting the faults of the other guy and doing some winners but it's was not exciting. In post match interview he said it was a very good match :lol: that he loves the court, that it's his first here and it will be tough to win that tournament since the field is as the same as in an ATP tournament. Next round it wiill be the winner of Acasuso/Sela

As I expected, with Nico their rank was not enough high but they received a WC and play the first seed Coetzee/Kerr.

I also watched the second set and agree that it wasn't too exciting. Arnaud certainly wasn't paying some extra efforts, he was just trying to be solid - something that was enough to take this win without any problems. And his post-match comments were indeed funny considering that he didn't seem to be in such a great mood during the match itself. For those who missed it, I uploaded the match ball and the interview here :)

And there is one more picture (from http://tennis-atp.blogspot.com/2009/...pionships.html; hmmm I didn't know Mahut switched to Lacoste):


soulage 03-19-2009 01:39 PM

Re: Under the Sun of Florida
 
Thanks :) pity for the towel :p
On the match point video we see how slow were the ball kids. Arno was always keeping an eye on what they were doing like if all balls were on the right side :lol: It still rain in florida :o so don't know when arno will play but good news he's in Miami MD :angel: so he has until wednesday to prepare himself.

It confirmes here http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...=244564&page=3 that Arno plays now with a the KBlade 98 from Wilson. It the case since Rotterdam but funny that in some tournaments like marseille he had his Head bag with his wilson rackets.

Bobble 03-19-2009 05:53 PM

Re: Under the Sun of Florida
 
Im still unsure as to the actual frame being the K98, I think it may be his regular head frame painted like a wilson, but still, it is strange that he has switched racquet sponsors to Wilson.

Thanks for the upload Hangdog

soulage 03-19-2009 07:22 PM

Re: Under the Sun of Florida
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobble (Post 8302635)
Im still unsure as to the actual frame being the K98, I think it may be his regular head frame painted like a wilson, but still, it is strange that he has switched racquet sponsors to Wilson.

Really :confused: He has maybe no more contract because no stencil Head or Wilson on his rackets.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.