MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Italian Player Forum (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=810)
-   -   Davis Cup Thread- Italia (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=139561)

Bolelli Ultra 03-06-2009 11:46 AM

Davis Cup Thread- Italia

All discussion here :)

scarecrows 03-07-2009 09:01 AM

Re: Davis Cup Thread- Italia

Starace def. Hrbaty 6-1 6-2 6-4

Fognini vs Lacko to follow

scarecrows 03-08-2009 08:32 AM

Italy 2-1 after the first 2 days

shouldnt be so tough to get the decisive point

VolandriFan 03-08-2009 08:37 AM

Check Fabio's website, it seems like there was some controversy over whether or not Seppi would play.

Champion number 1 09-18-2009 12:52 PM

We are playing Switzerland in Davis Cup world play-off. Well 1-0 down already and Federer hasnt even played yet. Seppi lost easily to Wawrinka.

Seppi is shit. The guy should step down from Davis Cup... his record is poor... 11 wins 8 losses. Only 2 wins of note for Italy and thats against Ferrero and a young Cilic. Apart from that he loses to everyone who is a half decent tennis player. The facts are (and his singles record would show this) that he bottles it in the big moments so Davis Cup cant be for him (please make me eat my words). So from now on I would even prefer Fognini or more so Starace who seems to like the big matches and at least gives us a shot. Bolelli will lose to Federer but he still isnt 100% yet.

Filo V. 05-07-2010 04:02 AM

Italy playing at the Netherlands this week on indoor hard, Starace and Bolelli are the singles players, Lorenzi and Bracciali are playing the doubles.

R1 - T.DE BAKKER (NED) v. S.BOLELLI (ITA)
R2 - R.HAASE (NED) v. P.STARACE (ITA)
R3 - J.HUTA GALUNG / I.SIJSLING (NED) v. D.BRACCIALI / P.LORENZI (ITA)
R4 - T.DE BAKKER (NED) v. P.STARACE (ITA)
R5 - R.HAASE (NED) v. S.BOLELLI (ITA)

Much of this tie is going to come down to whether Potito can beat Haase. If he does, the Italians have a chance at a 3-2 win. If he doesn't, probably a 4-1 type loss. The doubles team can win for sure, and you never know about Simone. They are the underdogs but do have some chances. Let's hope for a road upset win and a chance at making the world group!

Filo V. 05-07-2010 10:35 PM

Italy is ahead 2-0 on the road after day 1!!!!

S. BOLELLI def. T. DE BAKKER 7-6 (5) 7-6 (5) 6-3
P. STARACE def. R. HAASE 7-5 6-3 2-6 7-6 (2)

So proud of both the guys, they both played great! Tomorrow the team can clinch the tie in the doubles and they should have pretty good chances to do so. Good luck to Paolo and Daniele!

Filo V. 05-08-2010 02:08 PM

Poto and Simone ended up playing the doubles and they won 6-4 3-6 7-6(5) 6-4 to win the match and the tie 3-0 over the Netherlands!!!!!! Great performances from both Simo and Poto all weekend long, great job to them and the Italian team. They now play in the WG playoffs coming in September. Hopefully they can make it in the WG this season.

Filo V. 05-10-2010 03:19 AM

Dead Rubbers

Paolo Lorenzi (ITA) def. Igor Sijsling (NED) 6-4 6-3

Robin Haase (NED) def. Daniele Bracciali (ITA) 7-6(4) 7-5

Italy wins 4-1 overall and will await their draw for the world group playoff phase for September. Good luck in the fall boys!

Champion number 1 05-27-2010 10:10 PM

Bolelli really brings his game for the davis cup, but itsnt doing that well on the main tour. Quite strange.

Helevorn 09-09-2010 10:24 PM

i predict a Sweden - Italy 5-0

Filo V. 09-09-2010 10:35 PM

Sweden only has one good player, though. I can see both Poto and Simone beating Vinciguerra. Then it would only take the doubles win. It's going to come down to winning all non-Soderling matches.

Champion number 1 09-11-2010 09:07 AM

Sweden should not be able to win this 5-0 for sure although they are the home side so they have the chance.

If this was in Italy I would be quite confident we can win, but it is on the Hard courts, and with no Seppi on this surface it will be difficult. Starace is our number 1 player, but he basically sucks on hard courts so I would even prefer if Fognini and Bolelli were the ones to play the singles. I think Fognini can defeat Vinciguerra on the hard court, but Im not sure about Poto.

Having said that Poto beat Haase on hard court in Holland so maybe I underestimate him. He will definitely play anyway so lets hope he can do the job against the no.2 because we know Soderling should win his 2 singles.

Hopefully it comes down to the doubles, and with Starace-Bolelli I would be fairly confident as they have beaten some decent pairings.

Corina2605 09-12-2010 01:12 PM

Why doesn't Seppi play Davis Cup? I think that the Swedes are the favourites, but of course I hope that the Italians win the matches against Vinci and then they have their chances. Forza Italia!!!!

Champion number 1 09-14-2010 10:42 AM

Just realised Sweden have good doubles too. So it will definitely be tricky. Soderling should win his 2 games, but you never know. Superbol comes out firing for Italy in davis cup. He and Poto will hopefully do some damage should they be the 2 to play the singles and doubles :)