MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Tipping (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=532)
-   -   Evita's TT Management Spreadsheet (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=139499)

-Evita- 03-04-2009 06:48 PM

Evita's TT Management Spreadsheet

I've created a TT management spreadsheet to reduce the time the managers have to spend on managing and to eliminate mistakes when creating differences and counting correct picks.

Small 0.92 xls 2.91 MB
Small 0.92 zip 482 KB

Singles Big 0.9 xls 14.46 MB
Singles Big 0.9 zip 2.37 MB

Doubles Big 0.9 xls 14.5 MB
Doubles Big 0.9 zip 2.39 MB

Singles Best-Of-Five 0.9 xls 14.97 MB
Singles Best-Of-Five 0.9 zip 2.41 MB

Doubles Best-Of-Five 0.9 xls 14.79 MB

Features:

* Automatically provides differences for singles and doubles
* Automatically calculates results
* Provides picks statistics

Everyone is free to use this spreadsheet if they want to :)

These are possibly the final versions. If you have any comments, questions or suggestions please post them here :wavey:

-Evita- 03-04-2009 06:49 PM

Re: Evita's TT Management Spreadsheet - Ready For Use

(This post is for additional stuff that will come later)

Betty 03-04-2009 06:58 PM

this genius is my friend:D:yeah:

ClaudiuS 03-04-2009 09:13 PM

Cool stuff. I will try it when I've to manage Marrakech. :p

FiBeR 03-05-2009 12:44 AM

:worship:

almost dummy proof :lol:

:p :rolls: all praise the great -Evita-! :bowdown:

-Evita- 03-05-2009 07:20 PM

Betty :hug:

Ray :kiss: You're a great help for testing :hatoff:

I have to admit that there are probably still some bugs that are not fixed. I started working on the Excel less than 2 weeks ago, and it's a very short time to get everything perfect as it should be :) My goal was to finish it before IW so I'm happy I achieved it :yeah:

Anyway, I've created version 0.8. Here's what's new:

- Fixed a bug that sometimes PTS scores weren't converted correctly to SR (thanks to ClaudiuS for discovering it)
- Added the correct picks counter to the Singles diffs
- Added separate columns for countries

Download links:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dbmmo31m3tu - zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?idkjimmmnum - xls

ClaudiuS 03-05-2009 07:23 PM

:yeah:

-Evita- 03-12-2009 08:22 PM

Boarder35m was using my spreadsheet in his tournament this week and he discovered a couple of bugs in the doubles section - one was involving Byes and the other one was displaying SR diffs when there's no need for them (sometimes). I've fixed these bugs in the newest version 0.83:

Download v0.83 zip
Download v0.83 xls

As always, please send your feedback to me or post it here :)

ExcaliburII 03-13-2009 09:45 PM

Re: Evita's TT Management Spreadsheet - Version 0.83

-Evita- 03-15-2009 05:44 PM

Re: Evita's TT Management Spreadsheet - Version 0.83

Version 0.85

This version introduces two new features:

- Now you have the possibility to turn off showing SR differences. This feature comes in useful in big tournaments when there are 20 or more matches on a single day and there are too many SR diffs.

- The spreadsheet shows only the differences of matches that haven't finished yet. It means that you can post regular updates during the day with finished matches removed from the diffs.

I also fixed a bug in the doubles section, introduced in 0.83, that SR diffs weren't shown if there were no differences in picks. For this reason version 0.83 is not recommended for doubles management.

Download v0.85 zip
Download v0.85 xls

kai. 03-16-2009 12:02 AM

Re: Evita's TT Management Spreadsheet - Version 0.85

but is so difficult to use for me :lol:

-Evita- 03-16-2009 12:08 AM

It shouldn't be difficult at all :) FiBeR, Boarder35m and Linda (l_mac) have used the spreadsheet for tournament managing so they're already experts :yeah:

Just read the Guide, everything you need to know is there. Well, at least the important things. All the other things you can ask here :)

-Evita- 03-16-2009 02:26 PM

HOW TO WORK WITH THE SPREADSHEET

There are some important things you have to keep in mind when using this spreadsheet. If you don't pay attention to the format of the picks you put in you will get wrong differences. This is also mentioned in the Guide but people don't like to read guides :rolleyes: So here's what you need to know to avoid this situation.

Rule No.1 - The order of the picks must be the same as the order of the matches in the OOP. Normally this is not a problem since people usually send their picks in the order of the OOP. But if you have to change the OOP for some reason then you have to remember also to change all the picks accordingly.

Rule No.2 - No spelling mistakes. There's a red warning in the middle of the picks area (row 111) to help you spot them. If you see this warning appear then you have to fix the mistake before you go on. The last name in the pick must be exactly the same as the last name in the OOP (capital letters are not important). If the OOP says "Garcia-Lopez" and the pick says "Garcia Lopez" without the dash then it's a mistake and you have to fix it.

Rule No.3 - Picks can contain only the last name and score. Nothing else is allowed. No first names, no country names, no tiebreak scores, nothing else. Here are the accepted formats:

Nadal
Nadal 20
Nadal 2-0
Nadal 64 63
Nadal 64, 63
Nadal 6-4 6-3
Nadal 6:4,6:3
Nadal 6/0 6/1

(Note: Picks with both SR and PTS scores are also accepted but they are not encouraged. For example, Nadal 2-0 6:4 6:3 would give the correct result but people shouldn't send picks this way because there can be confusion if they send 2-1 64 64. My spreadsheet would give out 2-0 in this case, not 2-1.)

In conclusion, I want to remind you again - you have to look over the picks before you put them into the spreadsheet to make sure that they are in the correct format. The application won't give you an error message if the pick contains a country name or symbols like & or x or _ so you have to catch them with your eyes. The only thing that will give you the red warning is spelling mistakes.

Happy managing :) :wavey:

kai. 03-17-2009 07:11 AM

Thanks i will try it tomorrow :wavey:

adee-gee 03-17-2009 10:51 AM

Evita, I have a question :awww:

Excel has decided to stop working on my computer....is there any way I can still use this wonderful spreadsheet when I manage WTA Miami next week? :sad: