MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=138689)

Ozone 02-18-2009 12:47 AM

Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums

Sure it is a spectacular game, but it does kind of block out other cool stuff in the forums(especially in the current tournaments forums) like FITD, PYW, and the main tournament talk. I usually, probably like many other MTFers, kind of scroll down the screen and look at the latest posted thread.

A solution?

One big old Tennis Tipping Forum!

Zirconek 02-18-2009 01:20 AM

Re: Tennis Tipping Taking Over Forums

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozone (Post 8176214)
Sure it is a spectacular game, but it does kind of block out other cool stuff in the forums(especially in the current tournaments forums) like FITD, PYW, and the main tournament talk. I usually, probably like many other MTFers, kind of scroll down the screen and look at the latest posted thread.

A solution?

One big old Tennis Tipping Forum!

This thread would better fit in Site Discussion & News forum (probably will be moved soon) ;)

I guess if the Tennis Tipping threads should go to the Games section (except for the Challengers TT threads, that already are placed there), then all games threads should go to Games section's specific forums.

I personally think these threads don't pollute the tournaments forums (they don't have more than 1 page displayed, and they have their sticked threads) and actually bring more posters/guests to these sections. If the TT threads are more active than the others, it's just a merit of TT.

adee-gee 02-18-2009 01:34 AM

:lol:

TT deserves to be at the top of all the tournament sections because it's the best game :smoke:

FilipeMB 02-18-2009 01:50 AM

competition with TT is not fair :o

Snoo Foo 02-18-2009 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozone (Post 8176214)
it does kind of block out other cool stuff in the forums

what does this mean, block out? is stuff disappearing from the tournament forums cuz of the TT threads? I don't understand what the problem is.

Ozone 02-18-2009 02:32 AM

It means that when you scroll down the home page you see the TT threads as the latest post and not the other stuff.

Ozone 02-18-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zirconek (Post 8176279)
This thread would better fit in Site Discussion & News forum (probably will be moved soon) ;)

I guess if the Tennis Tipping threads should go to the Games section (except for the Challengers TT threads, that already are placed there), then all games threads should go to Games section's specific forums.

I personally think these threads don't pollute the tournaments forums (they don't have more than 1 page displayed, and they have their sticked threads) and actually bring more posters/guests to these sections. If the TT threads are more active than the others, it's just a merit of TT.

Edu, Tennis Tipping is superior to all of the other games. Therefore, it doesn;t need the games section. The other games can stay in the Game forums but I think Tennis Tipping may need a big forum itself, or a sub-forum in the games forum.
Another thought about TT is I think the challengers threads should go in the challengers forum since the other TT tourneys go in there tourneys forum.:wavey:

alfonsojose 02-18-2009 03:00 AM

I agree games should be placed in a sub forum for every tournament

kai. 02-27-2009 01:44 AM

i think the tt ATP tournaments threads are ok where are now..
the only game than is botering to me is PYW :o
1 THREAD FOR ROUND!! c'mon.. they cant do 1 thread??
and in Futures or Challengers there are all of them on the top and the turnaments thread above
is no fear..

Yves. 02-27-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozone (Post 8176421)
It means that when you scroll down the home page you see the TT threads as the latest post and not the other stuff.

Are you depressed, cause you're a spoiled bugger?

FilipeMB 02-27-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kai. (Post 8215686)
i think the tt ATP tournaments threads are ok where are now..
the only game than is botering to me is PYW :o
1 THREAD FOR ROUND!! c'mon.. they cant do 1 thread??
and in Futures or Challengers there are all of them on the top and the turnaments thread above
is no fear..

We have not had reports of people complaining about it to now but I'll bring this idea for the other members of the management and what they think.
We already do this for Challengers and Futures, after a request from CooCooCachoo. :) :wavey:

SloKid 03-01-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FilipeMB (Post 8218536)
We have not had reports of people complaining about it to now but I'll bring this idea for the other members of the management and what they think.
We already do this for Challengers and Futures, after a request from CooCooCachoo. :) :wavey:

Challengers are different as there is only one sub-foum for all challenger tournaments whereas every tournament on the ATP tour has their own sub-forum. I don't see a problem with game threads being started in those, it has been like that for ages and don't recall there being any complaints about it.

Ozone 03-03-2009 02:06 PM

I think I overreacted. It really isn't that bad. I just think that the Challenger TT tourneys should go in the challenger sub-forums.

kai. 03-04-2009 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozone (Post 8229646)
I think I overreacted. It really isn't that bad. I just think that the Challenger TT tourneys should go in the challenger sub-forums.

no.. should not!! poor coocoo :hug: