MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Other Bets (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Cycling: 2009 Tour of California (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=138320)

Bolar Bolabi 02-13-2009 03:09 AM

Cycling: 2009 Tour of California

I finally found a market with bet365. Seeing if another bookmaker will do the odds here in Australia.

Outright winner.

Rogers @ $10 - He is in form and the time trial will be good for him. This is a season goal to win this for Columbia so they are taking it very seriously. Other riders will be taking it casually getting back into the swing of things. Leipheimer is a 2.10 favourite which is understandable but it's hard seeing how his form is compared to Rogers who looks fucking brilliant this time of year.

Small play on Hincapie @ $34.

This is a who's who of cycling.

Basso is riding. Landis is making is comeback. Armstrong is there. The Schleck's are there. Sastre is there. Hamilton is there. Sevilla is back. Rogers, Hincapie are there. Kirchen is there. Leipheimer is there. Vandevelde and Cancellara are the two other big names. On the sprint side of things we see Freire, Hushovd, Cavendish and Boonen go head to head.

This is a star studded field for February. You would think that Landis, Leipheimer, Hamilton, Rogers and Hincapie are the only ones taking this seriously.

Bolar Bolabi 02-13-2009 11:17 PM

Re: Cycling: 2009 Tour of California

Liquigas is riding for training. So that rules out Basso.

Landis had a pre-race crash.

The only guys I see it taking this seriously are Rogers, Leipheimer, Hincapie and maybe Armstrong.

Therefore

1 unit on Rogers @ $10
.5 unit on Armstrong @ $10
.5 unit on Hincapie @ $34

Overall Match-Ups

2 units - Armstrong over Basso @ $1.74 - Basso is taking this as a training ride. Armstrong has had some racing under his belt. Armstrong is a superior time trialist. Armstrong will probably finish with Basso in the climbs. So this is decided in the time trial.

2 units - Hincapie over Voigt @ $1.63 - Hincapie the better time trialist. Determined to win this. Voigt will be helping out the Schleck's.

4 units - Rogers over Hamilton @ $1.54 - Rogers is the form rider in the peloton at the moment. Showed he is climbing well and time trialing well.

Bolar Bolabi 02-13-2009 11:18 PM

Prologue Match Ups

1 unit - Zabriskie over Cavendish @ $1.84 - Yes Cavendish is a good prologue rider but Zabriskie is far better.

1 unit - Rogers over Boonen @ $2.40 - Again, this is a good value bet. Rogers is a good bet over any distance.

1 unit - Hushovd over Cancellara @ $3.38 - History shows that Hushovd is good over short distances. Won the prologue at the Tour de France a few years ago and has shown good history with it. Cancellara on the other hand might be the best time trialist in the world, but with his engine, he needs it longer. This is going to be closer than what the odds suggest and I see that price and I'm willing to take it.

Good luck!

JamsleJ 02-14-2009 10:11 AM

Unibet doesn't have Tour of California...But it does have Tour de Mediterane. Any thoughts on that

Bolar Bolabi 02-15-2009 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi (Post 8158790)
Prologue Match Ups

1 unit - Zabriskie over Cavendish @ $1.84 - Yes Cavendish is a good prologue rider but Zabriskie is far better.

1 unit - Rogers over Boonen @ $2.40 - Again, this is a good value bet. Rogers is a good bet over any distance.

1 unit - Hushovd over Cancellara @ $3.38 - History shows that Hushovd is good over short distances. Won the prologue at the Tour de France a few years ago and has shown good history with it. Cancellara on the other hand might be the best time trialist in the world, but with his engine, he needs it longer. This is going to be closer than what the odds suggest and I see that price and I'm willing to take it.

Good luck!

+1.2 unit profit after the prologue.

I wasn't expecting to win that Hushovd bet but it was close nonetheless