MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fed's tears justified? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=137462)

Andi-M 02-01-2009 06:07 PM

Fed's tears justified?

Obviously he was gutted.

But seriously could he not have held his tears in until after the ceremony??
Making Nadal feel bad for winning was uncalled for imo.

Roddickominator 02-01-2009 06:09 PM

Re: Fed's tears justified?

Nadal understood that Federer was only crying because he knew he'd have to go home to fat Mirka and get flattened tonight. I'm sure he took no offense.

FluffyYellowBall 02-01-2009 06:12 PM

Wow i cant believe how anyone would think that :rolleyes:
I actually cant believe how he held up all the times he lost to Rafa. Especially last year at Wimbledon.
Hw would never do that.

Eden 02-01-2009 06:16 PM

Why can fans never just be satisfied with a victory for their favourite player and instead have to bitch about this and that the whole time? :shrug:
That Rafa won the title is all that counts. To forbid Roger his tears is beyond words. Tears are emotions and natural.

biological 02-01-2009 06:27 PM

wtf? he was devastated, he'd just lost a match he could have won, to the guy he can't seem to beat lately, in front of his childhood hero, and he was physically and emotionally drained. he didn't cry after Wimbledon, let him cry now. I think it's quite clear that he wasn't trying to steal Rafa's thunder :rolleyes:

have some fucking empathy, all of you who criticise him for displaying natural human emotion.

fangirl 02-01-2009 06:36 PM

A_Skywalker 02-01-2009 06:40 PM

Roger never really felt bad for so many players that he beated repeatedly over the years. He always enjoyed the moment with smile. I dont know if you noticed but Rafa tried to calm him down and thats class. Federer was arrogant most of the times and didnt have any mercy.
Even after the match if you read his comments he is still arrogant.
Doesnt take a lot to see what a person he is. I never felt sorry for him.
And I am not writing this cause I hate him, this is the truth and I believe everyone who isnt fan Federer can see it.

Andi-M 02-01-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biological (Post 8103970)
wtf? he was devastated, he'd just lost a match he could have won, to the guy he can't seem to beat lately, in front of his childhood hero, and he was physically and emotionally drained. he didn't cry after Wimbledon, let him cry now. I think it's quite clear that he wasn't trying to steal Rafa's thunder :rolleyes:

have some fucking empathy, all of you who criticise him for displaying natural human emotion.

I agree with you actually. I respect Roger for showing emotion.

My point is how uncomfortable the winners ceremony was it should of been a joyous ocassion , but everyone seemed really subdued because Roger was crying. I think he could of composed himself better.

holagirl56 02-01-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Skywalker (Post 8103985)
Roger never really felt bad for so many players that he beated repeatedly over the years. He always enjoyed the moment with smile. I dont know if you noticed but Rafa tried to calm him down and thats class. Federer was arrogant most of the times and didnt have any mercy.
Even after the match if you read his comments he is still arrogant.
Doesnt take a lot to see what a person he is. I never felt sorry for him.
And I am not writing this cause I hate him, this is the truth and I believe everyone who isnt fan Federer can see it.

It's funny how you say that anyone who isn't a Federer fan can see it, and yet, people who actually have had contact with Roger for more than 3 hours at a time behind a tv screen have nothing but wonderful things to say about him. They don't have to say complimentary things about him (a la Sharapova), but they do anyway. I guess that says what a person he is. Oh wait, I guess you with your superior insider knowledge know that he is an evil, conniving person who tries to steal others' moments of glory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andi-M
My point is how uncomfortable the winners ceremony was it should of been a joyous ocassion , but everyone seemed really subdued because Roger was crying. I think he could of composed himself better.

I think he obviously tried to hide his tears (what person in their right mind wants 20,000+ people in a stadium and millions others watching to see him cry?), but he was just too physically and emotionally exhausted to try and hold them back. When you're that drained mentally, you can try all you want, but the tears will come.

jenanun 02-01-2009 06:47 PM

hm... roger was just thinking about himself all the time. he should have just congratulated rafa and then cried like hell in the locker room like what he did in wimbledon.
instead he behaved like a spoilt kid.. so selfish....

nevermind, this is who roger is. he couldn't handle loss in a hc slam to rafa

rafa looked embarrassed and felt sorry for winning...

i feel sorry for rafa

lilimi80 02-01-2009 06:47 PM

his tears weren't fake:awww:...and that is scary. it seems roger's life is only about tennis...

Steelq 02-01-2009 06:52 PM

Rafa's memo to Fed

Dougie 02-01-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilimi80 (Post 8104018)
his tears weren't fake:awww:...and that is scary. it seems roger's life is only about tennis...

Iīm sure his life is not all about tennis. Heīs obviously just very dedicated to it, and he had a chance to equal Peteīs record. Of course it was an emotional moment, and thereīs nothing wrong with that. He was genuinely moved, I really donīt think he was trying to steal Rafaīs moment.

tealeaves 02-01-2009 07:08 PM

He's just devastated, he needed to cry to let go all the bad feelings in his mind...I feel sad for him :(

Svetlana. 02-01-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kell (Post 8103979)

it's exactly how I see it. Roger spoiled a first Rafa's AO win and made it all about him...

learn to loose like a man :rolleyes: