MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Western & Southern Financial Group Masters (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Aug 2 - ESPN Schedule (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=13713)

mad1town 08-02-2004 07:53 PM

Aug 2 - ESPN Schedule

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like ESPN will be showing a replay of the Agassi - Fish match tonight at 8:00 PM ET (see website screen ripped schedule below).

Hopefully they will cut away occassionally to the Hewitt - Bogomolov (centre court) and/or the Fernando Gonzalez - Dmitry Tursunov (grandstand) for some live action. Both live matches should be interesting...

Deboogle!. 08-02-2004 08:33 PM

Re: Aug 2 - ESPN Schedule

What do you mean REplay? They're not airing it live :o

I don't think they'll cut into a taped broadcast with live stuff, I don't know if I've ever seen that before. damn espn.

mad1town 08-02-2004 08:55 PM

True...they will be broadcasting a recorded version of the Fish - Agassi match. Our only hope is that they cut over to another live match to show the conclusion of a close set/tiebreaker and/or at the conclusion of a match. Kind of like they do at the majors...

Socket 08-02-2004 08:58 PM

Fish/Agassi is already 90 minutes long, and they're about to start the fourth game of the third set, so I doubt if we'll get anything else tonight. . .

boliviana 08-02-2004 09:11 PM

ESPN has tried hard to show more matches and be less devoted to only those players from the US. They got such shit for how they handled the French . . . I just wish the Tennis channel had more tournaments . . . their coverage is pretty good.

mad1town 08-02-2004 09:47 PM

Fish retired in the 3rd so we may be more "live matches"!

Tricky_Forehand 08-02-2004 10:58 PM

Not hardly. The Mardy & Andre match was 1 hour 42 minutes so ESPN is probably pleased that the match cooperated within their time frame :rolleyes: . This way they can babble on for about 10 minutes...have the extra commercials...and promptly be off by 7 (or 10 for east coasters).

I'm always pissed off at ESPN for their crap coverage but tonight really takes the cake. Tonight would be a perfect opportunity to show the "other" Americans and to show that American against someone that most Tennis fans know.

Yes, i have bias in tonight's match but i've also noticed how hard it seems for McEnroe to even want to acknowledge Bogie as an American. He tried to avoid it at every turn last week in Toronto. He was probably breathing a sigh of relief that he didn't have to bring up the near perfect match that Alex played against Karlovic. And after his response to Drysdale about possible Davis Cup...I hope that Bogie refuses to even be a practice partner from now on.

But what do we get? A match that will be over for about 5 hours by the time it hits the air and it will end on a retirement :rolleyes: :mad: :fiery:

Federer Fan 08-03-2004 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boliviana
ESPN has tried hard to show more matches and be less devoted to only those players from the US. They got such shit for how they handled the French . . . I just wish the Tennis channel had more tournaments . . . their coverage is pretty good.

You're lucky. I wish I could get the tennis channel. I would think that a large company like Comcast would offer it but they dont. Its ridiculous. We get like 10 religious channels and 2 Golf channels but not tennis. I have the happy misfortune of depending on ESPN. Yea :rolleyes: