MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   PYW (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=525)
-   -   PYW Ranking (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=136810)

FilipeMB 01-22-2009 08:02 PM

PYW Ranking

as of Febraury, 9 of 2009

co-updated by Dwight Schrute and Salum.

Salum 01-22-2009 08:08 PM

Re: PYW Rankings - including Challengers and Future

Great stuff! Good job.

Baghdatis#1 01-22-2009 08:17 PM

good job!

Snoo Foo 01-22-2009 08:23 PM

This is awesome :yeah: :worship:

Sexysova 01-22-2009 08:24 PM

good work but so unfair.. you see how Alves or Mello are high and they shouldn't be :ras: :lol:

Snoo Foo 01-22-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sexysova (Post 8048588)
good work but so unfair.. you see how Alves or Mello are high and they shouldn't be :ras: :lol:

why shouldn't they be? if people like them, people voted for them, what's unfair about that? Don't be bitter just cuz you were too lazy to do this yourself.

Sexysova 01-22-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoo Foo (Post 8048595)
why shouldn't they be? if people like them, people voted for them, what's unfair about that? Don't be bitter just cuz you were too lazy to do this yourself.

shut up, I do almost everything about ATP TOUR.. and it's nice people like them but only because they play players who nobody knows.. if they would play in ATP they would be crushed by most of the players.. that's why only ATP TOUR will be counted..

Snoo Foo 01-22-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sexysova (Post 8048603)
if they would play in ATP they would be crushed by most of the players.. that's why only ATP TOUR will be counted..

what do you base this on? plenty of people around here would vote thiago alves over novak djokovic (for example) the challenger pyws have fewer points, so the rankings already take into account the fact that these are measly challenger draws.

Sexysova 01-22-2009 08:35 PM

oh come on, it's not fair at all.. that's why it should be separated.. like on Tennis Forum (WTA)..

Snoo Foo 01-22-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sexysova (Post 8048640)
oh come on, it's not fair at all.. that's why it should be separated.. like on Tennis Forum (WTA)..

why is it not fair? it's not fair to keep them separated. if a challenger player has a lot of fans, he should get the pyw ranking he's earned just like any other player. That's the whole point of PYW, to give our favorite players some recognition just for being well-liked even if they aren't Federer or Nadal.

This isn't Tennis Forum, this isn't the WTA, I don't see your point.

Sexysova 01-22-2009 08:45 PM

do u understand that ITF is absolutely different? there're more people interested in ATP Tour circuit, not ITF where almost all players are unknown.. I don't understand why you don't get that.. I finish this discussion because you're all absolutely weird if you think that ITF & ATP shouldn't be separated :o

Snoo Foo 01-22-2009 08:48 PM

and what about all the players who play both atp and challenger events? under your system they really get shafted cuz their points would be split between your elitist atp-only rankings and the sad little challenger rankings.

Sexysova 01-22-2009 08:54 PM

because of YEC we will do only ATP TOUR.. you can YEC of ITF too with best players.. but I wouldn't do ITF at all but if you want to do ITF then do your own YEC.. not combine it with ATP.. it has nothing to do with it in PYW..

Snoo Foo 01-22-2009 09:18 PM

Why aren't challenger players allowed to play in the YEC if they qualify? The ATP includes challenger points in its ranking system, if by some miracle a player was able to get to the YEC on points from challengers would the ATP tell him no, sorry, you earned some of your points playing challengers so we can't include you? Do you also exclude grand slam points because those are also not ATP events?

Snoo Foo 01-22-2009 09:30 PM

and in the ATP it's now actually "the ATP challenger tour"

but hey do whatever way you want, you're the "Official PYW Manager," I've given you my opinion, you haven't convinced me otherwise. But I would think, as the Official Manager, you would want to consider other people's ideas instead of just coming in and announcing that this is the way it's going to be done because you said so.