MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   David Nalbandian Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=136465)

john28 01-18-2009 05:52 PM

Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information
 
Hi

I only come here now and again, but I have run a fan site for David the last seven years that was davidnalbandian.net and many of you were very kind enough to support the site and of course the forum over the years. Unfortunately the site and the forum collapsed at the end of 2008, due to several issues and factors that are too complex to go into here.

After a lot of reflection I have decided to relaunch the site under a new address, www.dotnalbandian.com . I would like to think that those who visited the dot net site will pay a visit maybe. At the moment the forum is closed but will be revived soon in a different format, as will the whole site in a new, more up to date design.

I am aware that the moderators of the dot net site are unhappy at how things closed and I guess I have some apologies to deliver, but I hope that we can talk that over in time . Bottom line is that I still think there's room for a fun, unofficial site for David.

John :wavey:

sigmagirl91 01-18-2009 06:54 PM

Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information
 
Personally, I don't care what happens to the unofficial site. Ever since being dumped not once, but twice, by you, I don't have any intention of ever signing up. So, if you need anything, talk to someone else.

L÷wenherz 01-18-2009 07:31 PM

Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information
 
Hi John,

liked your site a lot and I'm glad it's not gone forever. Looking forward to the new one.

Viken01 01-19-2009 05:32 PM

Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 (Post 8024323)
Personally, I don't care what happens to the unofficial site. Ever since being dumped not once, but twice, by you, I don't have any intention of ever signing up. So, if you need anything, talk to someone else.

What is the deal with him ?

sigmagirl91 01-19-2009 05:49 PM

Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Viken01 (Post 8030742)
What is the deal with him ?


It's a long story, but I'm going to summarize by saying that it's awfully damned suspicious of him coming over here to announce news of a new unofficial site AFTER David wins a tournament. He closed the last version when ARG lost the DC, and David got into all kinds of hot water about the events surrounding it. I don't know why he even bothers.

Jackie Stephens 01-19-2009 05:51 PM

Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information
 
Nice site, what program did you use to make it?

john28 01-19-2009 05:53 PM

Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Viken01 (Post 8030742)
What is the deal with him ?

There is no "deal", thank you. And nobody was "dumped", sadly some people just thought they were bigger than David and the site.

john28 01-19-2009 05:55 PM

Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 (Post 8030806)
It's a long story, but I'm going to summarize by saying that it's awfully damned suspicious of him coming over here to announce news of a new unofficial site AFTER David wins a tournament. He closed the last version when ARG lost the DC, and David got into all kinds of hot water about the events surrounding it. I don't know why he even bothers.

You really don't make yourself look very good do you? Classy lady.

sigmagirl91 01-19-2009 06:00 PM

Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by john28 (Post 8030821)
There is no "deal", thank you. And nobody was "dumped", sadly some people just thought they were bigger than David and the site.

Is that what you think? Really?

Jackie Stephens 01-19-2009 06:03 PM

Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 (Post 8030852)
Is that what you think? Really?

I don't even know what you guys are saying but still it's a nice site. Mine is pretty good to.

sigmagirl91 01-19-2009 06:06 PM

Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by john28 (Post 8030826)
You really don't make yourself look very good do you? Classy lady.

Great gentleman you are too....really great. :rolleyes:

Viken01 01-19-2009 06:17 PM

Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 (Post 8030806)
It's a long story, but I'm going to summarize by saying that it's awfully damned suspicious of him coming over here to announce news of a new unofficial site AFTER David wins a tournament. He closed the last version when ARG lost the DC, and David got into all kinds of hot water about the events surrounding it. I don't know why he even bothers.

okay I don't know the whole story so I won't give my opinion. My point was just to know what happened, because I kind of liked the old website since it's because of it I'm here ;)

Andra85 01-19-2009 10:08 PM

Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by john28 (Post 8024160)
Hi

I only come here now and again, but I have run a fan site for David the last seven years that was davidnalbandian.net and many of you were very kind enough to support the site and of course the forum over the years. Unfortunately the site and the forum collapsed at the end of 2008, due to several issues and factors that are too complex to go into here.

After a lot of reflection I have decided to relaunch the site under a new address, www.dotnalbandian.com . I would like to think that those who visited the dot net site will pay a visit maybe. At the moment the forum is closed but will be revived soon in a different format, as will the whole site in a new, more up to date design.

I am aware that the moderators of the dot net site are unhappy at how things closed and I guess I have some apologies to deliver, but I hope that we can talk that over in time .
Bottom line is that I still think there's room for a fun, unofficial site for David.

John :wavey:

So when do the apologies begin? So far, I see none.

I never post here - as you can plainly see - but you know who I am, John. As a former moderator, I would have hoped that any apologies or talking things over would have been extended via an email inbox rather than posted on a public forum. Since that did not happen, I have a couple of points to make.

1. You know as well as I do that sigmagirl did not consider herself bigger than David nor your fan site. And yes, we were "dumped," so please don't say that we weren't.

2. It's bad enough the forum was stripped from us and the rest of the fans on .net. Now we're supposed to accept with open arms a new version of the site? Why? Is it because David won Sydney? The timing is a bit strange, John. Really.

3. How would we ever go on in a new venture with you when you drudge up the past yet again here, appearing to still harbor ill feelings?


Just when I thought I had gotten over the shock of the circumstances surrounding the closure of .net, this happens.

ozarizona 01-19-2009 11:24 PM

Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information
 
I had been supporting the dot net site as a plain user until I was dumped myself, without any warning or notification. If one of the mods dumped me, then she deserved her own dumping. However, I'm guessing John did the dumping.

If there are any David fans here who are looking for a serious (non-dumping) venue for friendly discussion about David's career, then you might like to visit this blog (and leave a comment): Vamos David

sigmagirl91 01-20-2009 12:40 AM

Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ozarizona (Post 8031613)
I had been supporting the dot net site as a plain user until I was dumped myself, without any warning or notification. If one of the mods dumped me, then she deserved her own dumping. However, I'm guessing John did the dumping.

If there are any David fans here who are looking for a serious (non-dumping) venue for friendly discussion about David's career, then you might like to visit this blog (and leave a comment): Vamos David

I don't know what happened, and I'm sorry that it happened to you. Toward the end, the mods did not have power to dump, ban, or discipline anyone. Don't know why; don't care why. Like Andra said, the timing is a bit strange to launch a reloaded version. You're either a fan or not; shutting down a website for something as impulsive as a negative result is not called loyalty. Further, banning your moderators for no reason other than power-tripping is just wrong. It's called selfishness and I want no parts of it. If John wants to call me "disgruntled" or whatever, he can do so to his heart's content-whatever makes him sleep at night.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.