MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Locked Hahaha threads. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135714)

BigJohn 01-06-2009 08:23 PM

Locked Hahaha threads.

So will the threads where we laugh when a top player lose be unlocked?

There was no real harm in them, pretty funny and I believe the locking of these threads actually rewards those who were causing problem in them in the first place.

In a way, this is giving in to terrorism. It would be a lot more work, but a lot more fair to give red cards to those who go in these threads to be disruptive.

scarecrows 01-07-2009 07:08 PM

Re: Locked Hahaha threads.

i came to post exactly the same thread

bring them back pretty please

Nathaliia 01-07-2009 11:10 PM

For RagingMod it is a too big problem to jump over.

tangerine_dream 01-08-2009 07:18 PM

Can I start a roasting thread for Murray in GM when he loses? I've picked out the perfect thread title. Please, huh, please???

El Legenda 01-08-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangerine_dream (Post 7979344)
Can I start a roasting thread for Murray in GM when he loses? I've picked out the perfect thread title. Please, huh, please???

:rolleyes:

scoobs 01-08-2009 09:41 PM

It's been decided that the Hahaha threads, and any along the same lines, both old and any newly created, will be closed.

The reasoning behind this is that, while in some cases, they operate in a humorous and issue-free manner, in other cases the tone of posting from both the roaster and fan perspective is much more antagonistic and leads to far too much bad feeling. Since it would be unfair to introduce a double standard and say that some players can have roasting threads and others can't, the decision has been made to close them all.

I realise this decision will not find much popularity in some quarters, but hopefully it will also remove some of the unnecessary baiting and provocation that goes on in GM.

elessar 01-08-2009 10:07 PM

I think it'll just move them to the match threads, but maybe that's just me.

Nathaliia 01-08-2009 10:20 PM

This is what will happen, Claire, but in the match threads it will be less funny, because some random fans who open the match threads, will treat it too seriously.

Castafiore 01-09-2009 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elessar (Post 7980058)
I think it'll just move them to the match threads, but maybe that's just me.

Exactly and this will be even more antagonistic.

It's a dumb move IMO. :shrug:
You're not really expecting the haha celebrations to stop, are you? It's better to try and keep that all contained to one thread instead of polluting the match threads,... with it.

Nathaliia 01-09-2009 09:24 AM

Now I am going to ask *seriously*, are you mods power hungry these days? Why someone deleted a thread where a poster asked about tournament facilities in a tournament forum? Look to what patologies it leads (thread title I mean; very unnecessary havoc created). Following this way of thinking my old thread "How do I get from Arlanda Airport to the centre of Stockholm" would be also deleted. IMO people who attend events are allowed to know such information on a fooking TENNIS FORUM.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135858

rocketassist 01-09-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobs (Post 7979952)
It's been decided that the Hahaha threads, and any along the same lines, both old and any newly created, will be closed.

The reasoning behind this is that, while in some cases, they operate in a humorous and issue-free manner, in other cases the tone of posting from both the roaster and fan perspective is much more antagonistic and leads to far too much bad feeling. Since it would be unfair to introduce a double standard and say that some players can have roasting threads and others can't, the decision has been made to close them all.

I realise this decision will not find much popularity in some quarters, but hopefully it will also remove some of the unnecessary baiting and provocation that goes on in GM.

That only happens with the Fakertards over his roasting thread. Their whining has ruined everyone's fun.

SloKid 01-09-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathaliia (Post 7981372)
Now I am going to ask *seriously*, are you mods power hungry these days? Why someone deleted a thread where a poster asked about tournament facilities in a tournament forum? Look to what patologies it leads (thread title I mean; very unnecessary havoc created). Following this way of thinking my old thread "How do I get from Arlanda Airport to the centre of Stockholm" would be also deleted. IMO people who attend events are allowed to know such information on a fooking TENNIS FORUM.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135858

I checked and the thread was not deleted, it was merged with the Who's going thread, which makes sense I guess, but perhaps a redirect should have been left for the original thread, they are there for a reason.

Thanos 01-10-2009 09:11 AM

can you please unlock the goat cheese thread??

scoobs 01-10-2009 10:27 AM

Sorry, no - that's one of the ones staying closed.

cobalt60 01-10-2009 01:19 PM

It appears that a lot of posters could not police themselves and show restraint. Which is too bad because on the whole those were fun threads.