MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   U.S. Open (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1032)
-   -   Who's Going? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135366)

10K Futures Qualifier 12-31-2008 12:06 AM

Who's Going?

There is a possibility I will go. Anyone else going?

savesthedizzle 01-04-2009 09:31 PM

Re: Who's Going?

I will go for sure for 4-5 days as I do every year :)

El Legenda 01-05-2009 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VamosVinchinzo (Post 7944537)
There is a possibility I will go. Anyone else going?

yeah, i hear Rick James will be there....bitch.

asuwrestler 01-08-2009 03:20 AM

2009 US Open advice, help!!!

I want to go to the US Open this year but need a little advice from you people that have gone. I know its not good to stay in queens so where do you all stay when you go there, and what is the best way to get tickets, we want to go the first week. Any other hints would be helpful, thankyou so much!!!

NinaNina19 01-08-2009 03:39 AM

Re: 2009 US Open advice, help!!!

You can get tickets online. I usually just drive up there so I can't help you with your hotel question.

asuwrestler 01-08-2009 03:46 AM

What website do you buy the tickets from?

NinaNina19 01-08-2009 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asuwrestler (Post 7975578)
What website do you buy the tickets from?

Usually I go on USOpen.org and buy tickets there. You can also go on the USTA website.

FaceyFacem 01-08-2009 02:03 PM

yes, buying on usopen.org is the easiest way to buy, as long as you are american, pretty sure foreigners cannot buy on the site...

stay in manhattan, just splurge and enjoy the city proper... otherwise maybe stay in brooklyn? i definitely wouldn't stay in queens though

knight_ley 01-08-2009 02:11 PM

stay in manhattan and just take the subway over. if you get on the 7 train it takes you right to flushing meadows. :D

NicoFan 01-08-2009 02:48 PM

If you are a USTA member, you can buy the tickets online usually near the end of April. Just keep visiting the USTA site around that time and all the information will be there. (If you are an American Express cardholder, you can buy tickets even earlier).

As for hotels, if you have $$$, of course, stay in Manhattan. But if you don't have a lot of $$$, you can stay for less money near LaGuardia and some of those hotels have shuttles back and forth to the US Open.

Brooklyn is also an option, but there are some nasty sections there also so you have to know where to go.

Bottom line, if you can't afford Manhattan, go to an upscale name hotel in Brooklyn or Queens and you should be fine.

asuwrestler 01-09-2009 03:06 AM

When do they start selling tickets for the open?

knight_ley 01-13-2009 06:39 AM

As always, I'll be going for a few days.

anon57 01-14-2009 05:57 PM

I'll probably on vacation in New York around the time of the US Open and I was think of going for a couple of days. When do tickets go on sale and which it the best site to buy ticketsif you're not from the US, as someone said earlier that buying tickets via usopen.org is only possible for people in the US:confused: I was also wondering whether it is possible to but ground passes in advance or is it only possible to buy ground passes on the day. Any help is much appreciated:wavey:

LMJ 01-25-2009 09:47 AM

Help would be appreciated??

Hi everyone! I am from Australia and am travelling to the States in July and hanging around for the US Open.. I keep getting mixed dates so does anyone know the exact dates of the Open?

Also I am having trouble finding a site to buy tickets from as they are all US$ .. I really don't want to miss out. Any help in regards to the tournament would be greatly appreciated.. I'm SO excited.. I'm going by myself but it should be great anyway!

orangehat 01-25-2009 09:49 AM

Re: Help would be appreciated??

According to Wikipedia, U.S. Open is from 31st August to 13 September this year. However I am pretty sure 31st August is for the qualies, so estimate the dates thereabout :)