MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   David Nalbandian Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   David in Cincinnati (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=13535)

Aleksa's Laydee 07-30-2004 11:53 PM

David in Cincinnati

1st round match V nadal......... :mad: :eek: :sad: :o :rolleyes: :sad:

Aleksa's Laydee 07-30-2004 11:54 PM

Re: Cincinnati

LOL at paul!!!

anyway what are peoples thoughts on this? i think its a horrible draw, this tournies draw is baaaaaaaaad. i hope he can win this, he needs more matches to get ready for the US and athens :crying2:

sigmagirl91 07-31-2004 12:02 AM

That draw is really bad. I really feel that, if David can win his first round, then he will do OK. He could possibly meet Andre in the third round, which could be tricky, but I believe that David could even their series at one apiece. And, in the quarters, he could face Henman or Moya, I think. Well, I just hope that he can win a tournament soon. It's making me antsy seeing him come so close, and have to go down with injuries again.

MissPovaFan 07-31-2004 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by björkfish
LOL at paul!!!

hehe I got a bit excited there :p

jazz_girl 07-31-2004 12:15 AM

He got an easy draw at Toronto and lost in the first round, maybe this will motivate him, but my first reaction when I saw the draw was: FUCK!

bovenbuuf 07-31-2004 11:02 AM

yes this is really a very hard draw.. so guess its better to look just at the first round, hopefully he can beat Nadal, but it will be a tough match. So well Good luck David!

novanora 07-31-2004 11:30 AM

rafael also just recovered and came back to court from injury, it's really hard to say the result. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Aleksa's Laydee 07-31-2004 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazz_girl
He got an easy draw at Toronto and lost in the first round, maybe this will motivate him, but my first reaction when I saw the draw was: FUCK!

i had that thought exactly ;)

*Ljubica* 07-31-2004 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazz_girl

Yes - that was my reaction too Jazz, - closely followed by bursting into tears :sad: . This is so unfair. I honestly don't see David winning this match - losing in two fairly easy sets is my own view of how it will go. Then he will lose more confidence, lose more ranking points, and give some of the trolls here another chance to attack him :devil: I absolutely LOATHE the North American season anyway - so all I can hope is that he gets the hell out of their quickly, and hopefully Athens and the European hardcourt season (Madrid, Basel, Paris etc), will give him mnore success and kinder draws than he has had recently.

Aleksa's Laydee 07-31-2004 11:56 AM

aaaw :hug: rosie, he may suprise you, nadal ran out of steam v hewitt in toronto so lets hope if david loses the 1st set he can take him to 3 sets and then beat him :)

jazz_girl 07-31-2004 12:04 PM

I feel better today, and thinking that maybe this is not so bad. He gets motivated when he plays difficult players, and after all he didn't tank in his match against Youzhny, he actually played a 3 setter match and he was defeated by just one break. So we can't say much. If he's serving better and has a good day, I think he'll be alright. Let's hope he plays at night so the sun doesn't bother him! lol

novanora 07-31-2004 12:41 PM

or he can learn from Arnaud Clement to have a try of wearing a pair of sun glasses when playing........;)

jazz_girl 07-31-2004 12:45 PM

LMAO!!! That's true!
How can he play with those on?

novanora 07-31-2004 01:00 PM

Why can't? ;) have a look at Sig's avatar........will be interesting.
and except Clement, i remember some other players did have sun glasses on when playing. If david wants a try, tell him to have a good choice of the band ;) i would be interested....

bovenbuuf 07-31-2004 01:06 PM

yes it could be a help those sunglases, guess its more that you have to get used to play with sunglases, but it would help..,