MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Annoying ads (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134981)

Ivanatis 12-15-2008 06:19 PM

Annoying ads

That golf ad is really annoying. Or more specific, the sound of it. When I heard it first, I thought my sound card just collapsed.

Ivanatis 12-16-2008 10:53 PM

Re: That Golf ad...

nobody else bothered? well I kinda got used to it now..

I've read people writing, it's frog noise and I have to agree, there are similarities :yeah:

Jelena 12-19-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deck (Post 7906068)
is really annoying. Or more specific, the sound of it. When I heard it first, I thought my sound card just collapsed.

I didn't really think my soundcard collapsed, but when you have speakers on and want to listen to something, it is annoying.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deck (Post 7910134)
nobody else bothered? well I kinda got used to it now..

I've read people writing, it's frog noise and I have to agree, there are similarities :yeah:

As you see I am bothered too. It only took me a bit to realise where this strange sound comes from.

Neely 12-19-2008 10:35 PM

The sound is really disturbing. I usually have all system event sounds turned off and then suddenly I heard something and was scared for a moment because I didn't realize where it was coming from.

Jelena 12-26-2008 05:34 PM

I wouldn't mind that ad if it was a mute one. But if you have the sound on because you want to listen to a live-stream, this sound is so annoying that even my mother already asked if it can be muted. :mad:

Eden 12-26-2008 10:51 PM

I just see this thread. I thought I would be the only one who gets the sound.
Neely, do you think there is any chance that there can be something done about the sound? It's really annoying.

Ivanatis 01-11-2009 11:30 PM

bee you ehm π

Ivanatis 07-01-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

WIE LANGE WIRST DU LEBEN?

NEHMEN SIE DER TODESTEST?
To those admins who are responsible: Are you fuckin' kidding me? Apart from the facts that this sound is pissing me off and the grammar (and choice of words) is a joke, I can't believe you're linking to such bullshit sites, even if probably only the German users are concerned. (I don't want to know what users from other areas have to bear.) Seriously, by now you have lost the last bit of credibility in my eyes.

Jelena 07-02-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deck (Post 8796702)
To those admins who are responsible: Are you fuckin' kidding me? Apart from the facts that this sound is pissing me off and the grammar (and choice of words) is a joke, I can't believe you're linking to such bullshit sites, even if probably only the German users are concerned. (I don't want to know what users from other areas have to bear.) Seriously, by now you have lost the last bit of credibility in my eyes.

Thomas, this is only again proving my saying: Leave translation to translators.

And yes the sound is - sorry - fucking annoying.

Eden 07-03-2009 07:31 PM

I also really hope MTF will get rid of this annoying ad as soon as possible :o

Zirconek 07-07-2009 10:16 PM

I'm really annoyed by another ad, "The Atheist'sRiddle" - "so simple any child can understand, so complex no atheist can solve". :silly:
Yes, it's something related to intelligent design(sic)/creationism. I support freedom of speech and I'm very tolerant about people's beliefs, but also I've spent too many hours reading books, at class, in field works and at laboratory so I can say this theory is :bs: and this kind of ad surely is not good for the reputation of this site. Oh, and the face of the guy who is the "guru" is not funny anymore to me, now I just can't stand his face.
Anyway, I guess those ads are randomly brought by Google, so I think not much can be done, but I'll ask the webmaster about the golf ad (and ask to block the creationist ad as well).

Ivanatis 07-08-2009 07:37 AM

The golf ad is gone for a long time.

Zirconek 07-08-2009 12:36 PM

oh, so it's another one annoying? :lol: :hug:

Ivanatis 07-08-2009 02:08 PM

indeed, it links to a totally serious site which predicts your exact date of death :music:
the golf ad was pretty fun compared to this one

and the noise is some creepy laughter

Zirconek 07-08-2009 03:32 PM

Re: Annoying ads

:scared: :haha:

May we have a long and happy life :hug:

right now in this page: "Discover-Is evolution true? Does it matter what you believe?Get your fr....(nothing more written :lol: ) - Order now - Creation & Evolution" :smash:

I started a thread about these ads in non-tennis some time ago, but nobody posted :sad:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=109449