MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Election of Moderators (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134516)

10K Futures Qualifier 11-23-2008 07:43 PM

Election of Moderators
 
After some serious though about some of the moderator on this site; I think it is time that MTF has some democracy. Numerous people have problems every day with the moderators, some do there job and get along with everyone, therefore everyone likes them. However some of them it seems like some time go out of their way to annoy you, and make your presence of this web site seem so bad. Shouldn't MF have some type of an election of moderators every new year? Don't you think that this would e the best way to make everyone happy. Okay, so here is what I am proposing...

1. Every moderator has their moderator status taken away, only for one week, or how long the vote is (All Administrators, Web Masters, etc. keep theirs obviously)
2. One week on MTF every year in a week in December every member gets to vote for a Moderator for one area, or several for ATP events, and bigger areas of this site.
3. After the election the votes re counted, the people that are elected are asked if they would like to be a moderator, if they decline then the person who came in second for that thread is asked and so on.
4. The next year in December this whole process happens all over again.

Please let me know what you think; or if you have something to add or change in the plan, I think this is a great idea! :wavey::wavey::wavey:

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10K Futures Qualifier 11-23-2008 10:23 PM

Re: Election of Moderators
 
Now that I think about it, it would be a bit' hectic if we had all new moderators for a month, trying to learn the way of moderating. Maybe Each section is up for a new election like 3x a year or each section is up for election every three years, so there would not be a totally new moderating crew every year at the same time.

10K Futures Qualifier 11-23-2008 10:27 PM

Re: Election of Moderators
 
There is now a poll, please vote!

Eden 11-23-2008 10:30 PM

Re: Election of Moderators
 
What would it change to have new moderators frequently? :shrug: Do you really expect that their decisions wouldn't cause new discussions? It's a neverending circle. It would be way better to try to solve the problem you have with a moderator with him/her directly or - when it doesn't work - contact one of the administrators on this site.

But that's just my opinion and maybe you will find people who will support your suggestion.

10K Futures Qualifier 11-23-2008 10:42 PM

Re: Election of Moderators
 
Yes, maybe elect new moderators every three years? Something, but I think that MTF needs democracy.

10K Futures Qualifier 11-24-2008 12:42 AM

Re: Election of Moderators
 
Also, I see how people would have new problems with new moderators and yes it will be a never ending circle, but at least with the election more people will have less problems with the moderators.

10K Futures Qualifier 11-24-2008 12:42 AM

Re: Election of Moderators
 
One administrator agrees with me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denaon (Post 7219683)
I think we should have rotative Mods...every now and then have an election and vote!! :rocker:
MTF needs democracy!!!!


Deboogle!. 11-24-2008 01:05 AM

Re: Election of Moderators
 
There is no way to please everyone. Denaon himself has recently said he didn't realize how difficult it was to be a moderator until he became one. Anyway, I don't think this would be feasible, but that's just my opinion and also, player forum mods are chosen by the regular posters of that forum. So, several of us are only mods because other MTF posters 'elected' us.

Denaon 11-24-2008 01:39 AM

Re: Election of Moderators
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glab311 (Post 7860850)
One administrator agrees with me...

Yes I said that, however I did not really mean it. It was some sort of a joke. ;)
:scratch: Although I would need to remember when I said it and why.:lol:

Denaon 11-24-2008 01:40 AM

Re: Election of Moderators
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deboogle!. (Post 7860915)
There is no way to please everyone. Denaon himself has recently said he didn't realize how difficult it was to be a moderator until he became one. Anyway, I don't think this would be feasible, but that's just my opinion and also, player forum mods are chosen by the regular posters of that forum. So, several of us are only mods because other MTF posters 'elected' us.

That is so true.

10K Futures Qualifier 11-24-2008 01:55 AM

Re: Election of Moderators
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denaon (Post 7861003)
Yes I said that, however I did not really mean it. It was some sort of a joke. ;)
:scratch: Although I would need to remember when I said it and why.:lol:

It was in the thread about Raging Lamb and to remove him as a moderator.

10K Futures Qualifier 11-24-2008 01:56 AM

Re: Election of Moderators
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deboogle!. (Post 7860915)
There is no way to please everyone. Denaon himself has recently said he didn't realize how difficult it was to be a moderator until he became one. Anyway, I don't think this would be feasible, but that's just my opinion and also, player forum mods are chosen by the regular posters of that forum. So, several of us are only mods because other MTF posters 'elected' us.

Yes, it is easy to say it is not possible, but something like this would not be hard, creating a poll an voting. I think democracy is the way the moderators should be chosen, not just by administrators and web masters (Except for player forums of course.)

Deboogle!. 11-24-2008 02:38 AM

Re: Election of Moderators
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glab311 (Post 7861071)
Yes, it is easy to say it is not possible, but something like this would not be hard, creating a poll an voting. I think democracy is the way the moderators should be chosen, not just by administrators and web masters (Except for player forums of course.)

Sorry, I don't agree. This isn't a public thing, like a country's election. MTF is a privately-owned board and the people who own the board certainly should have the right to decide who is maintaining their investment. It would be hard, because every new group of moderators would want to change the rules, and it would be utter chaos if the rules completely changed here every few months.

10K Futures Qualifier 11-24-2008 02:46 AM

Re: Election of Moderators
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deboogle!. (Post 7861189)
Sorry, I don't agree. This isn't a public thing, like a country's election. MTF is a privately-owned board and the people who own the board certainly should have the right to decide who is maintaining their investment. It would be hard, because every new group of moderators would want to change the rules, and it would be utter chaos if the rules completely changed here every few months.

Yes, but I am proposing that administrators and web masters and all people above moderators keep their position. Moderators did not start MTF nor do they own it. The election should come once every four years, so each year a new section (General Forum, Player Forum, Upcoming Tournaments, Other Tournaments) has an election. There is no chaos here because only one section is up for a re election every 4 years.

El Legenda 11-24-2008 03:22 AM

Re: Election of Moderators
 
this has to be the worst idea of the history of ideas.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.