MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Paul-Henri Mathieu Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   The PHM Fanlisting - Not For The Faint of Heart! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134467)

Ome 11-22-2008 02:16 PM

The PHM Fanlisting - Not For The Faint of Heart!

:lol:

Seems essential for every fan forum :p It'd be real nice to officially know each other since I'm very new here! :wavey:

What to post?
- Basic information about yourself and everything you want your fellow Paulo's fans to know are encouraged :)

- When and why did you start supporting Paulo?

Ome 11-22-2008 02:17 PM

Re: The PHM Fan Listing - Not For The Faint of Heart!

Name: Jai or Ome
Birthday: 21 January
Nationality: Thai, I live in Bangkok.

Favorites >>
Sports: Tennis, football (ManUnited rules! :rocker2: ), golf...
Tennis Players: Paul-Henri Mathieu and... that's it :lol: (Well, I also like 90% of the Frenchies.)
Music: (For the moment) Coldplay, Death Cab For Cuties and Nine Days.
Movies: Not exactly a fan of movie :scratch: Paris, je t'aime is nice :hearts:
TV Shows: House, How I Met Your Mother, Bones, Gossip Girls (:o)

I saw Paulo's match for the first time in RG '02, the one against Agassi. He looked like a 28-year-old guy :spit: So a few months went by... I saw him again in Moscow against Marat (whom I was a huge fan since 2000), I was :speakles: because he outcuted Marat! :lol: Of course, he beat Marat in that encourter and surprisingly I wasn't mad at Paulo at all! (I usually got mad at whoever beat Marat for weeks!)

And then came the infamous Davis Cup final... I was rooting for Russia and was soooo happy that Youzhny won the final rubber. I was ready to declare a national holiday for celebration, but then ---- I saw a little boy with tears filled his puppy eyes :awww: Long story short, I dished Marat and became Paulo's fan at that very moment. (Of course, I needed to make a choice b/w Marat and Paulo. You can't possibly support them at the same time! Too much to take :lol:)

So on the first day of December of every year, I went out for a French dinner and celebrate the day I ultimately became a Paulo's fan :crazy: (I'm not crazy, I insist!)

I have one question I've been wanting to ask Paulo. ------ Why did you choose to "VAMOS"? :lol:

Invisible 11-22-2008 04:00 PM

Re: The PHM Fanlisting - Not For The Faint of Heart!

Name: Becky
Birthday: September 26
Nationality: American

Favorites:
Sports: Tennis-Paulo and Rafa, Basketball-Detroit Pistons and Denver Nuggets (Nuggets because they now have my Chauncey :hearts: ), Baseball-Detroit Tigers, Hockey-Detroit Red Wings, Nascar-Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Music: My actual favorites change occasionally, right now it's Gavin DeGraw. Before that it was James Blunt and Dierks Bentley, which I do still consider as favorites. I have tons of favorite songs from over the years and I still love 80's music :rocker2:
Movies: Titanic, She's All That, Where The Heart Is, One Fine Day, Sixteen Candles and many 80's movies.
TV Shows: I don't watch many TV shows these days, but I try to keep up with All My Children, One Life To Live, John and Kate Plus 8, Little People Big World and 17 Kids and Counting (yep I've gotten sucked into Soap Operas and TLC reality shows :o ) And like music and movies, I also still love 80s TV shows.

I became a Paulo fan during the French Open of 2006...his match against Rafa. At that time I wasn't exactly a Rafa fan either, but I was becoming one. Actually until then I didn't even like Rafa...but I had been reading his ATP blog that he was doing during the tournament and my opinion slowly started to change. That match against Paulo was actually going to be my first time cheering for Rafa, but Paulo was playing so well (and I thought he was quite adorable ;) ) so I just couldn't help but cheer for him (a couple matches later I did start cheering for Rafa, and have also been a Rafa fan ever since). After that I started paying attention to Paulo's name in the draws and would check on his matches and at some point I found myself really beginning to truly support him. The next time Paulo played against Rafa was when a realized that he was my #1 favorite (I had thought that it was going to be hard to cheer against Rafa, but when the match started and it wasn't, I new Paulo was my #1).

tufani 11-23-2008 08:40 AM

Name: Olga
Birthday: 18 August
Nationality: Ukrainian

Favourites:
Sports: Tennis (see my sig ;), I also support Frenchies all the way :rocker2:), snooker, Formula One (Ferrari... Massa :awww:), football (ManU :devil:)
Music: Well, it's really hard to choose, 'cause I actually like lots of British bands (and this kind of music in general): Coldplay, Muse, Depeche Mode, Franz Ferdinand… the list is way too long :lol:
Movies: Oh, it's a tough one :unsure: The first movie, coming to my mind, that I can call favourite is Knockin' on Heaven's Door :awww:
TV Shows: House M.D., Prison Break (sometimes I wish they had finished it after the Season 2 :o )

Actually, I'm kind of newbie, 'cause I've started following closely Paulo's career, supporting him in every single match only this year :o, though the first match of him I've ever seen was that DC'02 final :awww: Lots of my friends have always thought, btw, that I've been supporting him since ever (yeah, I cheered for Paulo in a lot of matches previously, so they've seen me upset after some of his losses) and I was like Huh? :confused: So they've made me think of supporting him on a constant basis and that was one of the reasons of me becoming his fan. :rocker2:
And I'm in a huge regret right now, that I haven't become his fan much earlier. So many time wasted :crying2: But, well, better late than never, right? :o :bounce:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ome (Post 7854810)
Why did you choose to "VAMOS"? :lol:

Oh, yes, that's the question, I'd like to ask him as well :lol:

Ome 11-23-2008 11:25 AM

:bigwave: Better late than never, indeed ;) I wish I became his fan earlier too actually... like when he started picking up the racquet early :rocker2: :lol: (I mean, come on, little Paulo was just way too cute!)

Fantastic choice of football club, btw! :smoke: And I have the exact same thought about Prison Break :lol:

The Hooded Claw 11-23-2008 01:49 PM

Name: Anthony
Birthday: 28th April
Nationality: British, I'm from Liverpool but live in Yorkshire :cool:

Favorites >>
Sports: Tennis, football (LIVERPOOL rules! :rocker2: :p), rugby, athletics, cricket... I like most sports except for golf, really.
Tennis Players: Misters Mathieu, Safin and Ancic are my favourite players... talk about self-torture :lol: :help:, Andy Murray (currently the only player really giving me something to cheer about :tears:), Nicolas Kiefer (first ATP player I ever watched :D :devil:), also like Gasquet, Schuettler, Tursunov, Lappenti and a few others. Of retired players, I miss Henman, Corretja, Pioline, Enqvist and Kuerten a lot :sad:
Music: Anything indie/alternative... currently really like Cold War Kids and The Prisoners, but I'll give anything a listen. My all time favourite album is 'Little Earthquakes' by Tori Amos :bowdown:
Movies: Memento, Mulholland Drive, The Prestige, Pulp Fiction, Amelie... these just off the top of my head, I'll think of more later
TV Shows: Alias, Skins, Shameless.

I first heard of Paulo years back when I first started watching tennis, he had just won junior RG and I heard he was a talented player with lots of potential. I saw some of his match against Agassi at the French a couple of years on and kept an eye out for his results. Being at university at the time, I didn't get to watch much tennis outside of Wimby and the USO when I was home for the summers, but I always kept an eye out for his results. Of course I heard of the run to his first 2 titles and then the infamous DC match... thankfully I didn't see that one live. After I'd graduated, I started watching more tennis again and saw more and more of Paulo... he really grew on me, he always fought hard despite his many instances of obvious nerves. The more nightmarish his losses, the more I started to root for him in every match :lol:, till he became one of my 3 favourites. I like Paulo's style on court, when he's on he's a great shotmaker, and the more I found out about him as a person, the more I liked him. He's damn cute as well, of course.

Ome 11-23-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixLoveSixLove (Post 7858123)
The more nightmarish his losses, the more I started to root for him in every match :lol:

Seems to happen to all of us, doesn't it? :lol:

:awww: Poor choice of football club, Anthony :hug: :lol:
I think I've seen Tori Amos's album you're talking about somewhere in my brother's bedroom :eek: I shall steal and give it a listen! :D

tufani 11-23-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ome (Post 7857794)
:bigwave: Better late than never, indeed ;) I wish I became his fan earlier too actually... like when he started picking up the racquet early :rocker2: :lol: (I mean, come on, little Paulo was just way too cute!)

Fantastic choice of football club, btw! :smoke: And I have the exact same thought about Prison Break :lol:

That would have been awesome - to support him since the very beggining. Oh, he was (and IS now :hearts:) way too adorable!

:rocker2: So, seems like we're the only ones Reds fans here? :devil:
Do you watch PBs 4th Season? :o To my humle opinion, it's nowhere near to the first 2s :rolleyes: :smash:

Ome 11-23-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tufani (Post 7858331)
That would have been awesome - to support him since the very beggining. Oh, he was (and IS now :hearts:) way too adorable!

:rocker2: So, seems like we're the only ones Reds fans here? :devil:
Do you watch PBs 4th Season? :o To my humle opinion, it's nowhere near to the first 2s :rolleyes: :smash:

Lately he's been looking like this " :( " on court most of the time :lol:

Yes! :devil: We're the coolest around here :hatoff: Agreed with you about Prison Break there! I can't believe they can drag the show on for more than 2 seasons :spit:

The Hooded Claw 11-23-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ome (Post 7858260)
Seems to happen to all of us, doesn't it? :lol:

:awww: Poor choice of football club, Anthony :hug: :lol:
I think I've seen Tori Amos's album you're talking about somewhere in my brother's bedroom :eek: I shall steal and give it a listen! :D

It's very good if you like piano music... I bought this album 14 years ago, when I was 11, and I still think it's pretty much perfect from start to finish, great lyrics, great music, interesting subject matters. Tori Amos is a bit crazy, but I like her all the more for that, she does what she wants and doesn't care what anyone else thinks :hatoff:

I've probably hyped it up a bit too much now. :help:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ome (Post 7858355)
We're the coolest around here :hatoff:

:o

tufani 11-23-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ome (Post 7858355)
Lately he's been looking like this " :( " on court most of the time :lol:

Yes! :devil: We're the coolest around here :hatoff: Agreed with you about Prison Break there! I can't believe they can drag the show on more than 2 seasons :spit:

And off the court either, I guess :awww:

They've turned it into an ordinary show. I mean, I don't even bother myself watching new episodes right after release. It wasn't like this with the first 2 seasons :eek:

As of Tori Amos, I've heard only one song, I guess :o A Sorta Fairytale... love it :D

Ome 11-23-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixLoveSixLove (Post 7858384)
It's very good if you like piano music... I bought this album 14 years ago, when I was 11, and I still think it's pretty much perfect from start to finish, great lyrics, great music, interesting subject matters. Tori Amos is a bit crazy, but I like her all the more for that, she does what she wants and doesn't care what anyone else thinks :hatoff:

I've probably hyped it up a bit too much now. :help:

I can listen to pretty much every kind of music :) And I trust you ;) (even though you're a Liverpool fan :lol:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixLoveSixLove (Post 7858384)
:o

:p

TheEnd 11-26-2008 01:45 PM

Name: Joey
Birthday: 17 April
Nationality: China
Favorites >>

Sports: Tennis, Badminton...
Tennis Players: Richard Gasquet,Paul-Henri Mathieu ,Jonathan Eysseric, Nicolas Devilder, Jeremy Chardy,Juan Carlos Ferrero , Marat Safin etc
Music: westlife Avril ...
Movies: Amelie Jeux d’enfants Pairs ,Je t'aime ...
TV Shows: Bones, Dirt...

i know Paulo can dated back to Rogers Cup of 2003 , he very young and shy , he didn't give too much impression to me :sad:
in the Queens of this year , my good friend Angela took some Paulo's pics , it shock me :eek:
just some pics , i fall in love Paulo :sad: and i'm so regret i like Paulo so late:sad:
OG, i didn't go to Beijing , didn't saw Paulo , i think maybe this was the most regret in this year:sad:

Ome 11-26-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEnd (Post 7867328)

OG, i didn't go to Beijing , didn't saw Paulo , i think maybe this was the most regret in this year:sad:

:awww: :hug: But he got your flower :aplot: You made him felt really special in the village, I'm sure! :bounce: (And I can't thank you enough for the idea, Joey! :worship:)

MariaV 11-26-2008 02:08 PM

I gotta post here, right. :eek:

Name: Maria
Birthday: 6 August
Nationality: Estonian, I live in Tallinn
Occupation: translator/interpreter. I also go teacher's diploma.

Favorites >>
Sports: Tennis, football, swimming, skiing, gymnastics, figure skating
Tennis Players: Safin, Federer, Nadal, Moya, PHM, Gasquet (:help: :help:), Calleri, Andreev
Music: almost anything goes, good music that is.
Movies: Brokeback Mountain, The Departed, the Matrix and Bourne trilogies :worship: Match Point :lol: (lucky I don't name Wimbledon :haha:)
TV Shows: House (:rocker:), Criminal Minds, Law & Order, Shark
I don't watch many TV shows any more

I first saw Paulo play in 2002 in Moscow when he won the Kremlin Cup and Lyon after that. :eek: :eek: He reminded me of young Safin. And those huuuge puppy eyes and tears after the DC final tragedy - how can one not suffer with him. :awww: ;)