MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Nicolas Massu Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=356)
-   -   OFF SEASON: Nico Off Season News And Other Nico Chatter... (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134212)

NicoFan 11-14-2008 08:36 PM

OFF SEASON: Nico Off Season News And Other Nico Chatter...

Wishing Nico a wonderful off season!!! :hug: :kiss:

Hope he has a relaxing vacation, hanging out with family and friends. :)

He deserves it after working so hard to come back and sacrificing a lot to move back up the ladder. :yeah:

Also wish Nico buena suerte in finding a new coach! ;) :lol:

Alx 11-14-2008 10:11 PM

Re: OFF SEASON: Nico Off Season News And Other Nico Chatter...

Happy vacation Nico !!
I hope he'll rest well and be back for the next season in good shape

kidnicky 11-15-2008 03:17 AM

yeah he desearves a good rest after this terrible and busy year, I'm pretty sure that he was already tired like 2 months ago and he still pulled it off to keep playing and try to save this season :hug:

Enjoy the off season Nico ... todo con medida of course :rolls:

Sparko1030 11-15-2008 04:09 AM

Have a great off season Nico!!! :banana: You deserve a lot of rest after this long year. :yeah:

NicoFan 11-26-2008 04:11 PM

Nico usually take about three weeks off for his well deserved holiday off season break.

But this year he played two weeks after the usual end of the year so I'm not sure when he'll start training for 2009.

He'll have to start at the latest by December 15 or he won't be ready for the start of 2009. Bummer for him because he really needed some time off. But he's usually starting back up around now.

Hopefully we'll hear news of a new coach by then. He can't get ready for the new season (or at least not properly) if he doesn't have a new coach in place. And yes, I know that I'm obsessed with the coach issue, but it's Nico's fault. ;) He's been without a coach for so long that he's making me loca. :lol:

TommyB. 11-26-2008 07:09 PM

Hi guys :wavey:

Wow, Nico will play Doha at the beginning! :eek: It's the toughest field compared with Chennai and Brisbane. But it's great to see his name on a ATP entry list after such a long time. :)

NicoFan 11-26-2008 07:52 PM

:wavey: Tommy!

Thanks for the headsup! I just posted the entry list on the schedule thread. :)

He probably signed up for Qatar because I know in the past that he didn't want to go to Chennai even though it has an easier field because he'd have to have all sorts of shots (like vaccinations) to go there. And last time he went to Qatar he liked the idea that he didn't have to go all the way Down Under in one trip; he could go halfway and then finish up going Down Under. Plus Rios really loved playing in Qatar - I guess they treat the players really well and it's beautiful - so he was the one who got Nico to go the first time (either 2004 or 2005 - can't remember which year).

kidnicky 11-27-2008 03:52 AM

so weird to see him playing there but again, great to see him on an atp entry list ;) ... btw where does this tournament starts?

oh and I saw that he is still 76 in the atp ranking this week :)

NicoFan 11-27-2008 03:55 AM

Doha starts January 5.

That's good news! Though I don't think the rankings change much this time of year so hopefully he won't slip down in rankings. Going up in the rankings is fine though. :yeah: :lol:

kidnicky 11-27-2008 04:05 AM

oh very early in the year then :p

supossly Felipe said that there were still a couple of challengers to be play but that we shouldn't expect a big change that's why I mentioned it ;)

NicoFan 11-27-2008 04:10 AM

It is early so he'll have to start training again shortly for the new year. Poor Nico. :sad: Not really much of a break.

kidnicky 11-27-2008 04:11 AM

well I'm sure he's really enjoying his time off :p

NicoFan 11-28-2008 07:21 PM

:rolleyes:

He darn tooting better start thinking about the theme. :( If he waits any longer to find a coach, he might as well just forgetaboutit and just stay with these no names. At this rate, he'll be retired before he bothers to get some names. :rolleyes:

Nico news:

En tanto, Massú retomará el trabajo físico el lunes 1 de diciembre. El viñamarino está tranquilo frente a la opción de comenzar el 2009 sin entrenador. "En estos momentos estoy de vacaciones, así que no he pensado mucho en el tema. Quiero tener un técnico, pero, de momento, ni siquiera tengo nombres de posibles entrenadores. Para la pretemporada puede que practique con el argentino Jorge Gerossi, quien me acompañó en algunos torneos este año, o tal vez le pida ayuda a Hans Gildemeister. Y si no consigo un técnico seguiré con la fórmula de que 'Nano' Zuleta me acompañe a los torneos. Cuando él no pueda, iría Gerossi".

"Nico" comenzará 2009 en el ATP de Doha (Qatar). "Estoy muy entusiasmado, porque hace mucho tiempo que no entraba directo a un torneo de un millón de dólares", dijo.

Translation:

In the meantime, Massú will take up again the work physical Monday, December 1. The viñamarino is calm against the option to begin the 2009 without coach. "In these moments I am on holidays, so I have not thought a lot on the theme. I want to have a coach, but, for the time being, I don't even have names of possible coaches. For the pre-season that practice with the Argentine Jorge Gerossi, who accompanied me in some tournaments this year, or perhaps ask aid to Hans Gildemeister. And I don't have a coach, I will continue with the formula that 'Nano' Zuleta accompany me to the tournaments. When he wasn't able to go, Gerossi would go with me".

Nico will begin 2009 in the ATP of Doha (Katar). "I am very enthusiastic, because for a long time, I did not enter direct to a tournament of a million dollars", he said.

NicoFan 11-28-2008 07:25 PM

Not about Nico, but good news for our Gaby. He may be named the Davis Cup captain for Argentina. :yeah:

kidnicky 11-29-2008 04:28 AM

really?!?!?! that would be an awesome job for Gaby :eek: :yeah: difficult but awesome job! :D

And Nicolas :rolleyes: :banghead: :haha: