MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Davis Cup 2006 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Will it be U.S., France, or Spain? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=13411)

carrotyoung 07-28-2004 12:51 PM

Will it be U.S., France, or Spain?

With all due respect to Belarus, cuz they're on a great run, they won't make it to the final. So really, the Davis Cup comes down to the Yanks, the French, and the Spanish armada. The Yanks caught a huge break when Belarus upset injury riddled Argentina. Nalbandian and Coria are tough customers on all surfaces. Do you guys agree that everyone besides Andy Roddick is playing their way out of the No. 2 Davis Cup spot? Fish cant beat the Ivo Karlovics, Cyril Saulniers, and Gregory Carraz's of the world. Dent is struggling with confidence ever since the disastrous loss to Roddick in Australia. Spadea is struggling with injuries. Blake is struggling. Ginepri is the best bet. Does the U.S. get to play at home if they make the final. On clay, the U.S. doesn't stand a chance. Roddick won't be able to win 2 rubbers.

~EMiLiTA~ 07-28-2004 03:49 PM

Re: Will it be U.S., France, or Spain?

I personally think it will be a Spain v USA final in Madrid on clay, in which case the Spaniards would more than likely clean up. They have a tough semi against France but I think they'll get through it given the fact that it's on their favourite surface and they're at home...and whether Juanqui plays or not doesn't really matter because they have enough depth to get them through...Moya and Nadal or Moya and Robredo would be the obvious singles options

claudine140 09-11-2004 12:46 PM

i heard, moya and ferrero will play first day and third day the single matches will be played by moya and robredo

lizabeth..* 09-12-2004 12:29 PM

When does the Spanish team get named? There has been a lot of speculation over who is in the team...while I am sure it will the obvious...I am hoping there will be an unlikely inclusion :devil: However...I am preparing for shattered hopes.

In any case....VAMOS ESPAÑA!

Richard Cranium 09-12-2004 12:32 PM

Spain

Marine 09-12-2004 02:39 PM

Spain unfortunatly !!!!

sonia 09-12-2004 06:01 PM

Spain!!! Vamos Chicos!!!! bounce:

Emilita, crees que si ganasen jugarian la final en Madrid??

esther 09-13-2004 10:18 AM

i want france...but i'd say *chokes* the US

Crazy_Fool 09-17-2004 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esther
i want france...but i'd say *chokes* the US

I can't see USA winning when the final is played on clay, which is surely where it'll be played even if France do beat Spain.

I♥PsY@Mus!c 09-18-2004 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claudine140
i heard, moya and ferrero will play first day and third day the single matches will be played by moya and robredo

Where do you hear this news?It's great that Tommy will also play single match!!! :rocker::rocker2::crazy:

Vamos Tommy :drool::inlove::kiss: & Espana!!! :banana::clap2::bigclap:

~EMiLiTA~ 09-18-2004 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonia
Spain!!! Vamos Chicos!!!! bounce:

Emilita, crees que si ganasen jugarian la final en Madrid??

Sí! eso es lo que he oído!

~EMiLiTA~ 09-18-2004 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claudine140

where did you hear that?

Black Adam 09-18-2004 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_Fool
I can't see USA winning when the final is played on clay, which is surely where it'll be played even if France do beat Spain.

if France and States make it through the final will take place in the USA and i do not see the Team Usa wanting play their final on clay.

claudine140 09-18-2004 12:33 PM

it was written in spanish newspapers so they told me

MajorcanBoy89 09-18-2004 03:50 PM

ESPAÑA