MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Other Bets (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   The Masters 2012 Snooker (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=131900)

IvŠn 09-25-2008 12:59 PM

The Masters 2012 Snooker
 



The snooker events really kick in now and ive decided to start my own thread and track all up comming events including the snooker league which started a couple of weeks ago. My unit stakes will be as follows.

1 unit = £100 Sterling.

As i live in the Uk i watch quite abit of live snooker and have good access to extra snooker programmes, this has enabled me over the years to build up quite a good knowledge of many of the current snooker players on the tour and i hope to make a decent profit by the end of the snooker season next summer.

The best Books for snooker are Paddy Power and Stan James

Official Site For World Snooker- www.worldsnooker.com

Ill kick off this new snooker thread with tonights matches in the league and Qaulies of the grand prix

J.Perry over S.Davis @ 4/5 -(3 units)- Perry Stunned R.Sullivan 4-2 last week and has generally been in brilliant form this year reaching the s/f of the world championships. Steve davis is a legend but at 50 is past it, he won a match this morning vs tom ford 5-4, he will im sure be mentally fatigued from this gruelling session, joe should really take advantage here.

Be Aware of the draw situation in the league format, matches can end up 3-3 all, in the future i have the option to use the DNB option but i feel perry can get this done.

Grand Prix Qaulies

Wenbo over Bond 8/15- (3 Units) -Has made major strides this year and his gung ho style is a refeshing change, nigel been ok this year but still comes up short against the class players.

Jamie Cope over Marcus Campbell 4/11- (4 units)- Jamie is a very good shotmaker and makes high breaks at will, known as the shot gun because of his long potting i feel he should have too much for Mr Journeyman Campbell.

All other snooker fans please feel free to post your plays in this thread if you want to.

I will welcome any other advice or info.

GL:hatoff:

Gamblore 09-25-2008 01:02 PM

Re: Ivan's Premier League Snooker/ World Wide Events 2008/2009
 
Good Luck mate, some sports i rarely bet on, eg snooker. Will look out for a few picks mate.

malisha 09-25-2008 01:03 PM

Re: Ivan's Premier League Snooker/ World Wide Events 2008/2009
 
good plays..GL m8

maconick 09-25-2008 02:28 PM

Re: Ivan's Premier League Snooker/ World Wide Events 2008/2009
 
Im on Perry @ 1.83

ryan23 09-25-2008 07:05 PM

Re: Ivan's Premier League Snooker/ World Wide Events 2008/2009
 
Best of luck buddy- good idea doing your own thread

ryan23 09-25-2008 10:09 PM

Re: Ivan's Premier League Snooker/ World Wide Events 2008/2009
 
Good wins for Perry and Selby easy night for them

IvŠn 09-26-2008 09:05 AM

Re: Ivan's Premier League Snooker/ World Wide Events 2008/2009
 
Quote:

J.Perry over S.Davis @ 4/5 -(3 units)- Perry Stunned R.Sullivan 4-2 last week and has generally been in brilliant form this year reaching the s/f of the world championships. Steve davis is a legend but at 50 is past it, he won a match this morning vs tom ford 5-4, he will im sure be mentally fatigued from this gruelling session, joe should really take advantage here.

Be Aware of the draw situation in the league format, matches can end up 3-3 all, in the future i have the option to use the DNB option but i feel perry can get this done.

Grand Prix Qaulies

Wenbo over Bond 8/15- (3 Units) -Has made major strides this year and his gung ho style is a refeshing change, nigel been ok this year but still comes up short against the class players.

Jamie Cope over Marcus Campbell 4/11- (4 units)- Jamie is a very good shotmaker and makes high breaks at will, known as the shot gun because of his long potting i feel he should have too much for Mr Journeyman Campbell.
W +240
W +160
W +145

£545 (Profit)

Good start

Cheers fellas, lets make some green!

Bolelli Ultra 09-26-2008 10:11 AM

Re: Ivan's Premier League Snooker/ World Wide Events 2008/2009
 
Very impressive start Champ

IvŠn 09-29-2008 09:54 AM

Re: Ivan's Premier League Snooker/ World Wide Events 2008/2009
 
Roewe Shanghai Masters

Liang Wenbo Over A Mahitthi @ 4/9- (3 Units) Liang is money at the momment and is currently playing very well, his 5-0 whitewash demolition of Nigel Bond is a good indicator that he is hitting the ball well and will look to do well at one of his favourite events.

Stephen Maguire over Barry Hawkins @ 4/7- (4 Units)- Maguire is an excellent routhless potting machine, never gives in and always fights, like a true scotsman. Has been in excellent form now for two years and consistently gets the wins over the average folk like hawkins, this is the type of event were we can expect maguire to reach the latter stages.

Neil Robertson Over F.O'Brien @ 8/13 ( 3 Units)- Neil and Fergal havent had the best of times recently and will need to step it up soon if they want to improve their rankings, Neil is a very good long potter but his weakness recently has been unforced errors, Fergal on the other hand is really struggling with Break Building at the momment, watched some of his match with Holt and he looked really poor, think neil should have enough to edge a tight encounter.

Horatio Caine 09-29-2008 10:16 AM

Re: Ivan's Premier League Snooker/ World Wide Events 2008/2009
 
Yeah I agree with your observation of Robertson...makes too many easy errors, although when his range is spot on, he is a pleasure to watch. These are best of 9 frames?

Haven't watched any snooker since the World Championships, and even then I only watched a couple of hours worth. :o Will have to get back into it...some new faces around these days. Hoping for a good season from Ebdon! :rocker:

GL mate.

IvŠn 09-29-2008 10:27 AM

Re: Ivan's Premier League Snooker/ World Wide Events 2008/2009
 
Best Of 9 Frames.

Things dont look too good for Ebdon at the momment, his match vs wenbo is currently being investigated by the world Snooker organisation and betfair.

ryan23 09-29-2008 02:23 PM

Re: Ivan's Premier League Snooker/ World Wide Events 2008/2009
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan (Post 7685716)
Best Of 9 Frames.

Things dont look too good for Ebdon at the momment, his match vs wenbo is currently being investigated by the world Snooker organisation and betfair.

Is it :haha: jesus christ

IvŠn 09-29-2008 02:26 PM

Re: Ivan's Premier League Snooker/ World Wide Events 2008/2009
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan23 (Post 7686371)
Is it :haha: jesus christ

I would never of though it too, peter ebdon, such a well spoken apparently nice guy.:lol:

Its a match vs wenbo when he lost 5-0, theres more details on the betfair snooker forum but at the momment its being investigated, the poor sod might be innocent anyway, we shall wait and see.

IvŠn 09-29-2008 06:00 PM

Re: Ivan's Premier League Snooker/ World Wide Events 2008/2009
 
Adding ..

Roewe Shanghai Masters

J.Perry over M.Stevens @ 8/11- (5 Units) I snapped up the 8/11 offered yesterday, this will be my biggest wager out of the 4 selections, Stevens has fallen through the floor this year with a shocking loss to D.Gilbert last week in the grand prix a ripe indicator, perry continues to go from strength to strengh and makes the most out of opponents errors and matthew sadly these days makes alot of them.

I will continue to back the faves as long as they justify the price, i have yet to spot a realistic dog chance but that will come.

Horatio Caine 09-29-2008 07:22 PM

Re: Ivan's Premier League Snooker/ World Wide Events 2008/2009
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan (Post 7686380)
I would never of though it too, peter ebdon, such a well spoken apparently nice guy.:lol:

Its a match vs wenbo when he lost 5-0, theres more details on the betfair snooker forum but at the momment its being investigated, the poor sod might be innocent anyway, we shall wait and see.

Bizarre. :lol:

Well, Ebdon's game is all about precision, so surely it isn't impossible that he had a poor day at the office? After all, 5 frames isn't that many...


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.