MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Soccer Betting Forum (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=400)
-   -   English Premier League 23 - 25 August. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=130228)

Dahli 08-22-2008 02:36 AM

English Premier League 23 - 25 August.

Blackburn - Hull City
1,60 3,50 6,00

Liverpool - Middlesbrough
1,40 4,00 9,00

Newcastle - Bolton
1,85 3,35 4,40

Stoke City - Aston Villa
5,30 3,50 1,65

Tottenham - Sunderland
1,53 3,60 7,00

West Bromwich - Everton
2,70 3,25 2,50

Fulham - Arsenal
6,00 3,50 1,60

Wigan Athletic - Chelsea
7,50 4,25 1,42

Manchester City - West Ham United
2,20 3,25 3,20

Portsmouth - Manchester United
5,00 3,40 1,72

Dahli 08-22-2008 02:38 AM

Re: English Premier League 23 - 25 August.

Liverpool vs Middlesbrough: Lay Liverpool @ 1.42 (4/10)
I was impressed by the performance of M'boro in the game vs Spurs, while Liverpool has been far from impressive in their first two official games, both conceding no goals though. Altough the home team should be capable of getting three points in this game, the odd is to low for me and I can see more value in M'boro continuing their good start. Liverpool has the important match vs Standard coming up next week, and might be not as concentrated as normally.

I can definitely see M'boro causing an upset with their squad available and snatching a draw at Anfield.

Arsenal x Tottenham @ 2.45 (6/10)
Arsenal had a good start vs WBA and have been proving their ability in the pre-season games, plus showed good football in the CL preliminaries. Although they also have to play vs Twente for CL next week, I can't see Arsenal dropping points this weekend. They have much more class, quality and performance then Fulham, who will be 0 out of 6 after two games.

Tottenham on the other hand proved nothing of their potential during their opening fixture, while Sunderland was a bit unlucky at home vs Liverpool. Both have been spending a lot money in quality players, and Keane did an outstanding job last season. Last weekends game might be a reason to skip the Spurs this weekend, but they got the ability and skill to defeat Sunderland on their home ground. They want to revanche themselves for a under performing opening, and they proved last season to be strong at White Hart Lane. First three points for the Spurs this season.

Blackburn vs Hull City: Blackburn @ 1.60 (5/10).

Great start for both teams, especially a good comeback from Hull. Blackburn has more quality in their squad then I would have thought before and they were impressive against Everton. I think Blackburn will be able to keep the points at home, as I cannot see the defenders of Hull being able to get a hold of Roque Santa Cruz.

Odds are not out yet on Unibet for handicap, I might be adding Tottenham -1. I am thinking about WBA - Everton over 2.5, and laying Manchester City. Will have a night sleep about it :).

Gamblore 08-22-2008 04:50 AM

$5+ for Portsmouth at home v Manchester United.:eek: Ok, well if you had seen United play Newcastle, you would immediately know that Ronaldo means, are well like everything. They aren't going to win shit and will find things difficult without there star player. Lay the shit out of United, bottom line. Heck, put 1/2 unit on Pompey to win.;)

I wouldn't be laying Liverpool at home, Torres will rip Middlesborough apart. Keane will score goals soon, but he wasn't what everyone had expected. I'm thinking 2-0 or 1-0 Liverpool. Boro will try to hold out, but won't get anything in the end.

maksim20 08-22-2008 09:37 AM

Aston Villa to beat Stoke my bet of the weekend

Dahli 08-22-2008 01:49 PM

Like that one as well, Villa should be able to score one or two goals, and I can't see Stoke getting more then 1 goal - 1.65 (5/10).

Made a trixie with Spurs, Arsenal and Villa as well for 2 stakes.

Jaap 08-22-2008 01:56 PM

As an Arsenal fan, I wouldn't be confident in us at the moment, especially without Fabregas.

Was really lucky to beat Twente 2-0 and wasn't very convincing against a newly promoted side last week. Our midfield tommorrow will probably be: Walcott, Eboue, Denilson and Nasri..........very poor midfield, only Nasri has any quality among those and up front, Van Persie and Adebayor don't link up well. Fulham are dangerous under Hodgson.

Gamblore 08-22-2008 02:09 PM

Unfortunately, Arsenal are going to be short in the middfield and its a shame we couldn't get someone to help out Fabregas, in the offseason. I really hope we don't slip up just yet, Chelsea look to good and we need the points from these type of games. I still think we can get the win though. Arsene will have a plan and we should get the points.

maksim20 08-22-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaap (Post 7535472)
As an Arsenal fan, I wouldn't be confident in us at the moment, especially without Fabregas.

Was really lucky to beat Twente 2-0 and wasn't very convincing against a newly promoted side last week. Our midfield tommorrow will probably be: Walcott, Eboue, Denilson and Nasri..........very poor midfield, only Nasri has any quality among those and up front, Van Persie and Adebayor don't link up well. Fulham are dangerous under Hodgson.

Don't underrate Arsenal Jaap. Walcott, Denilson, Nasri are propably young and inexperienced but no way i could call them "poor" .They are young talented lads with great future ahead of them under Arsene Wenger. I will not bet on this game , but i think Arsenal might just clinch a win ,though it won't be easy against reinforced Fulham side who play at home

Iván 08-22-2008 04:18 PM

After the horrors of wednesday i will try to bounce back with world bets.

Arsenal over Fulham 4/7
Tottenham over Sunderland 1/2
PSG over Sochaux 8/5
Inter Milan over Roma 10/11
Argentina over Nigeria 8/11
Bristol City over coventry 21/10

Jaap 08-22-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maksim20 (Post 7535974)
Don't underrate Arsenal Jaap. Walcott, Denilson, Nasri are propably young and inexperienced but no way i could call them "poor" .They are young talented lads with great future ahead of them under Arsene Wenger. I will not bet on this game , but i think Arsenal might just clinch a win ,though it won't be easy against reinforced Fulham side who play at home

Nasri is a very good player, really rate him. Denilson is average though and Walcott is still not fulfilling his potential. Eboue is just awful, was playing as right back two years ago and now is starting in central midfield. :o

Hleb and Flamini are big losses. Probably our two best players last season along with Fabregas and we also miss Rosicky who is a world class player, but eternally injured. Need to sign another midfield before the deadline.

maksim20 08-22-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaap (Post 7536715)
Nasri is a very good player, really rate him. Denilson is average though and Walcott is still not fulfilling his potential. Eboue is just awful, was playing as right back two years ago and now is starting in central midfield. :o

Hleb and Flamini are big losses. Probably our two best players last season along with Fabregas and we also miss Rosicky who is a world class player, but eternally injured. Need to sign another midfield before the deadline.

Hope it'll be Gareth Barry :rolleyes: Think he would settle nicely in the squad

Blue Heart24 08-23-2008 10:01 AM

I have a small treble for today, Tottenham x Hamburg x Lyon @2.8
gl

ryan23 08-23-2008 10:09 AM

Villa over Stoke 7/10

Arsenal over Fulham 4/7

malisha 08-23-2008 12:56 PM

Dubl

Blackburn v Hull 1 1.60
Liverpool v Middlesbrough 1 1.40

Singl

Derby v Southampton 1 1.90

maksim20 08-23-2008 01:31 PM

Newcastle to score x Aston Villa to score x Bayern to score x Werder v Schalke over 1.5 @ 1.99

GL