MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Gaston Gaudio Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233)
-   -   Gaston vs. Hewitt RG 2004 special treat (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129930)

Action Jackson 08-15-2008 07:34 PM

Gaston vs. Hewitt RG 2004 special treat

Well normally I'd post this in the videos and eventually I will move them in there, but here is one of Gaston's best matches in his career.

Best of all the commentators, very pro-Hewitt, but they couldn't help admire the Gaston.

Not sure how long it will last, before it gets taken, so I worded it in such a way, that it might avoid detection.

Enjoy.

Getta 08-15-2008 10:22 PM

Re: Gaston vs. Hewitt RG 2004 special treat

Thanks. I did really enjoy it. :)

They played in front of Lenglen's almost empty stands. This perplexed me.

martine2 08-17-2008 03:39 PM

Thanks! Really enjoyed it :D

Action Jackson 08-17-2008 07:58 PM

Glad that Getta and Martine have appreciated this.

Vale 08-18-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent (Post 7506867)
Well normally I'd post this in the videos and eventually I will move them in there, but here is one of Gaston's best matches in his career.

Best of all the commentators, very pro-Hewitt, but they couldn't help admire the Gaston.

Not sure how long it will last, before it gets taken, so I worded it in such a way, that it might avoid detection.

Enjoy.

Special treat indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship:

I canīt thank you enough for uploading this whole match. Iīve always wanted to see it again and never had the chance. I watched all the 110 minutes! Itīs a unique opportunity to see Gastónīs true tennis skills (even though he continued to improve his drive later) when heīs feeling confident and enjoying his game. No cursing or racquet breaking or foot-faults when heīs happy...

A joy to watch!:D

Action Jackson 08-23-2008 06:06 AM

One of the few times you see Gaston playing the ball and nothing else, though the antics are part of his make up.

Wally Masur couldn't believe it, best of all.

Action Jackson 05-12-2009 06:50 PM

So the new visitors in here, can see a masterful performance on the red stuff.

fast_clay 05-13-2009 12:18 AM

Gaudio's backhand in these videos fires me up to want to go hit the ball for a few hours... there is one point where hewitt is actually pushing gaudio around, and gaston just rips a cross court winner whilst sliding backwards and to the left... respekt...

this match broke my heart at the time that it happened... but, you can see why he won the title... i mean... i felt hewitt was a big contender that year...

watching this match also makes you wonder about what factors went in to making gaudio play this way... for all the self loathing and berating, his form betrays what is really going on... you wonder what sort of emotional state he is in when produces a show like this and how he got to feel like that...

Action Jackson 05-13-2009 09:12 AM

This is one of the special days where it all came together for him. There were no funny screams, hardly any faults, he was just concentrated and playing high quality tennis.

The thing is that Hewitt did not play badly at all in this match, he was just outclassed by a better claycourt player. These two have had some good battles on the clay and Gaudio should have won all of them to be honest, especially the one in Monte Carlo of 2004. He was up a set and a double break, but had one of his meltdowns.

This match was comparable to his other great performance in the 2002 Barcelona final where he smashed Costa or the loss of 6 games.

martine2 05-13-2009 09:59 AM

So you are a Hewitt fan, Justin? :p

fast_clay 05-13-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martine2 (Post 8562478)
So you are a Hewitt fan, Justin? :p

yes i am a hewitt fan... even more so nowadays... at the time, i did not have a feeling either way for gaudio.. but did after the french open final of that year... such was coria's insult to the game...

these days... gaudio is a firm sentimental favourite of mine... it was the same for me with mac, lendl, edberg, becker, ivanisevic, rafter... and almost sampras... something about pros past their prime, yet still trying to light the fire inside competition is so very admirable, that you would just love to see them take down a young gun, showing them how they used to roll...

martine2 05-13-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast_clay (Post 8563197)
yes i am a hewitt fan... even more so nowadays... at the time, i did not have a feeling either way for gaudio.. but did after the french open final of that year... such was coria's insult to the game...

these days... gaudio is a firm sentimental favourite of mine... it was the same for me with mac, lendl, edberg, becker, ivanisevic, rafter... and almost sampras... something about pros past their prime, yet still trying to light the fire inside competition is so very admirable, that you would just love to see them take down a young gun, showing them how they used to roll...

Ooops, we don't share that feeling :p In fact he's 2nd on my list of players I don't like (purely personality wise there)... Roddick is a strong nbr 1.

But then again, I don't expect you to like my favs either, so it's ok ;)

Getta 05-13-2009 01:19 PM

Well, if it makes a noise it's still alive.

Delpo taught me to respect Lleyton in both word and deed.

fast_clay 05-13-2009 01:26 PM

it is ok... hewitt polarised opinion in australia by calling the tennis fans jerks and morons... tact is not a quality... however, you can place a bet on him and trust that he will do his level best to see you right... ;)

martine2 05-14-2009 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast_clay (Post 8563421)
it is ok... hewitt polarised opinion in australia by calling the tennis fans jerks and morons... tact is not a quality... however, you can place a bet on him and trust that he will do his level best to see you right... ;)

Completely agree with that. You can't deny the guy's got fighting spirit and in that way I respect him. Too bad he's such a jerk :p