MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Novak Djokovic Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=458)
-   -   Good luck to Nole in Cinci - just relax and have some fun:-)) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=128718)

*Ljubica* 07-26-2008 10:41 AM

Good luck to Nole in Cinci - just relax and have some fun:-))

OK -time to move on to a new tournament I think :) Nole has nothing to defend in Cinci and I think that is good :)

He is obviously feeling some pressure at the moment and that is neither bad nor surprising in my opinion. He's a human being not a robot - and if we look around - almost all players have bad losses, bad tournaments and occasional crises of confidence - it's totally natural and not to be worried about at all in my opinion. Nole is young - he has time- and remember he has already achieved more in his short career than many other players have ever achieved. So let's all relax a bit, and cheer for him in Cinci, with no high expectations - hope he has fun and then we will do the same:)

Ajde Nole :)

(1) FEDERER, Roger SUI/BYE
QUALIFIER v GINEPRI, Robby USA
ANCIC, Mario CRO v ACASUSO, Jose ARG
BELLUCCI, Thomaz BRA v (16) KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
(12) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP v FISH, Mardy USA
BENNETEAU, Julien FRA v SODERLING, Robin SWE
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER v QUALIFIER
BYE/(6) RODDICK, Andy USA

(4) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS/BYE
TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB v MOYA, Carlos ESP
(WC) ISNER, John USA v QUALIFIER
ANDREEV, Igor RUS v (15) STEPANEK, Radek CZE
(11) GASQUET, Richard FRA v LLODRA, Michael FRA
TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS v (WC) SAFIN, Marat RUS
QUERREY, Sam USA v MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
BYE/( 8 ) MURRAY, Andy GBR

(7) BLAKE, James/BYE
KIEFER, Nicolas v SIMON, Gilles
NIEMINEN, Jarkko v GULBIS, Ernests
JOHANSSON, Thomas v (9) WAWRINKA, Stanislas
(13) GONZALEZ, Fernando v BERDYCH, Tomas
LOPEZ, Feliciano v SEPPI, Andreas
QUALIFIER v BOLELLI, Simone
BYE/(3) DJOKOVIC, Novak

(5) FERRER, David/BYE
LAPENTTI, Nicolas v CILIC, Marin
(WC) LEVINE, Jesse v QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER v (10) VERDASCO, Fernando
(14) YOUZHNY, Mikhail v HAAS, Tommy
MONFILS, Gael v (WC) YOUNG, Donald
QUALIFIER v SERRA, Florent
BYE/(2) NADAL, Rafael

Manon 07-26-2008 02:37 PM

Re: Good luck to Nole in Cinci - just relax and have some fun:-))

Thx Rose, I don't know what to think. Pretty good quarter but this again with peasant from Majorka. Brf.

camnation 07-26-2008 04:27 PM

Yes, we can totally move on to the next tournament! Good luck Nole!

kalisita 07-26-2008 06:54 PM

Good luck! And let's hope he takes Rose's advice and has some fun out there! I think that's what's really missing.

arm 07-26-2008 07:08 PM

Nole :hug:

No more big expectationsor responsabilities, I promise. :hug:

Manon 07-26-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arm (Post 7403055)
I promise. :hug:

:cool:

Herdwick 07-27-2008 10:19 AM

Morning - equilibrium restored all round by now? (Shall stay well clear of the blether thread as it still seems strained but then I usually do.)

So, qualified optimism for Cincy but concerns remain. Feeling under pressure and not at top form he may have been but there's no denying Nole's game was made to appear one-dimensional and predictable at times by Andy. This is potentially significant and will not go unnoticed elsewhere.

If he can keep this week's form up Andy should be no 4 pretty soon and deservedly so - there's no one else in the top 10 with a better claim right now to my mind.

*Ljubica* 07-27-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herdwick (Post 7406131)
Morning - equilibrium restored all round by now? (Shall stay well clear of the blether thread as it still seems strained but then I usually do.)

So, qualified optimism for Cincy but concerns remain. Feeling under pressure and not at top form he may have been but there's no denying Nole's game was made to appear one-dimensional and predictable at times by Andy. This is potentially significant and will not go unnoticed elsewhere.

If he can keep this week's form up Andy should be no 4 pretty soon and deservedly so - there's no one else in the top 10 with a better claim right now to my mind.

Morning dear :wavey: Have to agree with you on the first paragraph :) I am doing the same:)

Also have to agree with you about Murray - I am not a fan of his personality or on-court demeanour at all - but he played damned well against Nole,- and, on that form, deserves a higher spot.

As for Nole - well - you know me - I am never that optimistic - if Nole was playing tennis against me, I'd still be scared of him losing :help: And at least as a pessimist, you can always say "told you so" when you're proved right :p But- seriously- I think he just needs some time to get used to the rarified air "at the top" if you know what I mean, and that may take him the rest of this year to do, or maybe even longer :shrug: Remember even Sampras had a gap in big wins between winning his first Grand Slam in the US in 1990, and his next in 1993 :shrug: So all I hope is that he has fun, stays healthy, and enjoys playing tennis - the rest will follow.

Have a nice Sunday - and hope it's not so sticky/hot/disgustingly humid in your part of the UK as it is down here.

Manon 07-27-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herdwick (Post 7406131)

Well, I am fresh and new again, ready for endless optimism (concern remains, I agree with you). As for Andy - I think he can defeat Nadal, I though it might happen last night coz he is mentally stronger and stronger. I like the guy very much.

Manon 07-27-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cat Lady (Post 7406207)

As for Nole - well - you know me - I am never that optimistic - if Nole was playing tennis against me, I'd still be scared of him losing :help: And at least as a pessimist, you can always say "told you so" when you're proved right :p But- seriously- I think he just needs some time to get used to the rarified air "at the top" if you know what I mean, and that may take him the rest of this year to do, or maybe even longer :shrug: Remember even Sampras had a gap in big wins between winning his first Grand Slam in the US in 1990, and his next in 1993 :shrug: So all I hope is that he has fun, stays healthy, and enjoys playing tennis - the rest will follow.

I'm the same as you but lets try be like Herdwick, we can try. Optimism is good cure:)
-----------------------------------------

Have a nice sunday both Herdwick and Rose:hug:

*Ljubica* 07-27-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ..::Manon::.. (Post 7406546)
I'm the same as you but lets try be like Herdwick, we can try. Optimism is good cure:)
-----------------------------------------

Have a nice sunday both Herdwick and Rose:hug:

OK - in Raquel's absence,I will try to assume the mantle of optimism - it doesnt fit me very well though :lol:

Have a good Sunday yourself - love you :hug: And love you too Herdwick of course :hug:

sharapower 07-27-2008 02:35 PM

Good luck Nole :hug:
I'm hopping for a match against Tomas :drool:

arm 07-27-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cat Lady (Post 7406610)
OK - in Raquel's absence,I will try to assume the mantle of optimism - it doesnt fit me very well though :lol:

Have a good Sunday yourself - love you :hug: And love you too Herdwick of course :hug:

You? :rolleyes: I mean, I guess Lee could do it, for example. But you, Rose? :lol:

Sorry, that role doesn't suit you. :hug: But you have even more important roles in this Forum, you know. :hug:

As for the optimism thing, well, I still believe in him and in his game, but I am taking it easy. The last 2 tournaments (Queens, Wimby and Toronto) I was so cnfidend, and we all know what happened. But this is just me playing defense, because I decided that I refuse to get so disappointed over all his losses. It's not healthy.

Ajde Nole! :hug: :secret: I still think you have been saving yourself for Cini - a tournament you never won!

Manon 07-27-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharapower (Post 7406618)
Good luck Nole :hug:
I'm hopping for a match against Tomas :drool:

I like Berdych. In fact I like 3 of 4 good friends - Murray, Berdych and Novak, course. Only Gasguet don't belong.

I'd love to see Novak-Tomas match. It's been a long time.

*Ljubica* 07-27-2008 03:10 PM

Raquel sweetie - I miss you so much :hug: This place is not the same without you. And I agree - the Miss Optimistic tag really doesn't suit me :p

Sharapower and Misha - I also like Berdych -would look forward to a match between him and Nole:)