MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Czech Republic Tennis Chat (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=387)
-   -   Jiri Krkoska (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=128102)

TMJordan 07-17-2008 01:26 AM

Jiri Krkoska

Jiri Krkoska was born on March 2nd 1984.

The big serving Czech has been fighting on the futures tour for the past year and a half and has made the QF of 4 future tournaments and is ranked a career high 865 right now.

Krkoska stands almost 2 meters tall and weighs 90KG so I am sure he has a big serve and prefers fast courts!

He has done better in doubles than singles as he is currently ranked 379 and has won titles at Norway F2, Great Britian F3, Great Britian F2 and Georgia F1. 4 career doubles titles and counting!

This week he played at Syria F2 and lost to Arata Onozawa 6-3 6-3.
He also just lost his 2nd round doubles match via W/O I hope he is ok.

Lets hope Jiri can crack the top 500 by the end of the year! Also top 250 in doubles!

Go Jiri!

Zirconek 07-17-2008 01:38 AM

Re: Jiri Krkoska

3 Attachment(s)
Vamos Krkoska :rocker2:

here are the few pictures I could find of him
(in doubles partnering Stancik in a Korean Challenger)

Zirconek 08-04-2008 04:55 PM

after withdrawing from a British futures (grass), Jiri plays this week at Iran F3 (clay).
His record on clay is 1-10 :o
He will face a qualifier, so he has some chance to get oints, and mabe he improves well his clay record (he doesn't play an official tournament on clay for more than a year)

Fizz 08-20-2008 07:13 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Hi Edu! :wavey:

some pics of Jiř :devil:

Zirconek 08-27-2008 05:01 PM

:worship:

thank you very much :)

and good luck to Jiri on the clay events :unsure:

Zirconek 12-10-2008 02:44 PM

Krkoska won his match against McGee in CZE F5 :D

Zirconek 12-12-2008 01:06 PM

and then retired in second round against Cervenak, when the Slovak was leading 3-1 in first set :sad:

I hope he can be fit to play in next week's futures (Opava).

Baghdatis#1 12-21-2008 06:59 PM

He played in a few Greece futures in May(Kos,Heraklion,Kalamata,etc.)

He didn't do so well in them. If I remember correctly he lost in r1 to Kostas Mikos in both Kos,Heraklion but I think he did good in Kalamata though. I think he reached QF. He doesn't seem that promising, but that doesn't mean people should stop rooting for him. Most Greek players aren't that promising, but that doesn't stop me from cheering for them. You never know if he's gonna be a late bloomer.

Zirconek 12-22-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellas719 (Post 7923038)
He played in a few Greece futures in May(Kos,Heraklion,Kalamata,etc.)

He didn't do so well in them. If I remember correctly he lost in r1 to Kostas Mikos in both Kos,Heraklion but I think he did good in Kalamata though. I think he reached QF. He doesn't seem that promising, but that doesn't mean people should stop rooting for him. Most Greek players aren't that promising, but that doesn't stop me from cheering for them. You never know if he's gonna be a late bloomer.

Krkoska's trip to Greece wasn't good for him, he lost in first round in all three events (like you said, two defeats to Mikos and also a defeat to Gemouchidis), even in doubles he collected bad results.

Last week, he lost to Vik in qualifying round, then got a LL spot in main draw first round - was really lucky since another player, Crepaldi, should play but eventually Krkoska replaced him. Krkoska faced Jan Mertl and lost in a tight match, Mertl was the winner of the tournament later.

I agree with you, you don't have to support only bandwagons :)

I hope Krkoska and Greek players have a great 209 season - well, Krkoska kind of helped Greek tennis in 2008 ;)

Zirconek 12-22-2008 03:18 PM

Pictures of Krkoska in Opava - Czech Republic F6

photo gallery at http://www.rcsport.cz/cz/poradane-ak...s/fotogalerie/

Zirconek 12-23-2008 04:23 PM

Krkoska will start 2009 season in El Salvador, might play the others futures in Central America. Good luck! :)

Zirconek 01-17-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zirconek (Post 7927558)
Krkoska will start 2009 season in El Salvador, might play the others futures in Central America. Good luck! :)

he didn't go to El Salvador, he is starting the season playing qualies of Great Britain F2 and later will play in Israeli futures.

Zirconek 03-20-2009 06:25 PM

Krkoska is making a quite good 2009 season, is ranked #812 and having success in qualies, but losing close matches in first round. Reached quarterfinals in an Italian future, lost to seed #1 in 2 tie-breaks :(

Zirconek 05-01-2009 01:29 AM

Playing in India for two weeks, in first tourney lost in second round to seed #1 after winning first set and losing the second in tie-break, he retired before the 3rd set (played doubles later in the day); now this week beat a seed in first round and lost in second round easily :(

In doubles he keeps winning early rounds but losing in semis in close matches :sad:

He didn't sign to any futures in next 2 weeks, he may take a rest, maybe will be back training in CZ.

Zirconek 05-08-2009 10:12 PM

Nodar, what happened to the website sportage.cz?

Krkoska will be playing in Kuwait in 2 weeks :D