MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Additional GM Mods (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=126060)

scoobs 06-19-2008 04:22 PM

Additional GM Mods

Hi there

I have noticed that in the daytime (European) we seem to have a gap in coverage of mods in GM who are capable of cleaning up, merging, moving threads and generally keeping the place tidy and the personal attacks to a minimum.

Today it has been especially bad since a thread attacking a mod has been left there for several hours while people wade in and add their thoughts and insult other posters into the bargain.

I don't know what the procedure is for choosing some more mods to operate in GM, particularly during the European daytime, but I think it needs to be considered and we could probably do with 1 or 2 more to try and keep things under control at certain times of the day.

Thanks

tangerine_dream 06-19-2008 04:34 PM

Re: Additional GM Mods

I mentioned this problem before and my thread got closed. Hope you get a better response.

Clay Death 06-19-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobs (Post 7215289)
Hi there

I have noticed that in the daytime (European) we seem to have a gap in coverage of mods in GM who are capable of cleaning up, merging, moving threads and generally keeping the place tidy and the personal attacks to a minimum.

Today it has been especially bad since a thread attacking a mod has been left there for several hours while people wade in and add their thoughts and insult other posters into the bargain.

I don't know what the procedure is for choosing some more mods to operate in GM, particularly during the European daytime, but I think it needs to be considered and we could probably do with 1 or 2 more to try and keep things under control at certain times of the day.

Thanks

evidently you cant get this so i will try it again. nobody has attacked any mods.

i have made a public appeal to owners and administrators that will be followed by a lengthy, detailed letter about the abuse this moderator is engaging where he constantly butts in and edits people`s posts and also continues to delete threads that are normal and legitimate with civil discussions where NO RULES ARE BEING BROKEN.

read the original thread. there are plenty of people who are complaining about raging lamb. he has gotten out of hands and is now misrepresenting MTF. he is horribly inconsistent and plays favorites. number of poster have pointed that out.

nobody is attacking any mod. we the people have a voice or are we back in some communist state. all legtimate complaints should be brought forward and heard.

scoobs 06-19-2008 07:24 PM

To me, describing someone as "filled up with hate" (your first post in that thread) constitutes a personal attack since it is about personality, not behaviour.

You're free to put your own interpretations on it, of course. That's my opinion.

Johnny Groove 06-19-2008 07:31 PM

Perhaps instead of that, we should move this site discussion and news forum up more instead of at the bottom where nobody really looks at it unless they are intentionally looking for something.

Tankman 02-10-2009 02:17 AM

I have noticed this gap too :p

(wink wink nudge nudge)

Thanos 02-10-2009 04:30 AM

i nominate Bachelor Dandy, his already a lifetime member. his views seem unbiased.

Tankman 02-10-2009 04:44 AM

:ras:

:p

also lifetime member status means nothing except that you've paid these clowns way too much for the purposes of what you want to do ;)

Tankman 02-10-2009 06:37 AM

I have another objection to raise

The desire for mods to not tell the posters about reasons for infractions is verging on Orwellian. No offence, but it is :p While I am satisfied for now, in future, nothing should be hidden.

This is a forum. Not the mods' plaything :p

10K Futures Qualifier 02-10-2009 09:54 PM

So this during American night time. I will do it.

Nathaliia 02-10-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wacked82 (Post 8139313)
i nominate Bachelor Dandy, his already a lifetime member. his views seem unbiased.

x 2.

tennizen 02-10-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wacked82 (Post 8139313)

:haha: Are you a Fed hater? Only then can you call BD unbiased:D

Edit: Unless you mean he can rise above his dislike of all things Fed while carrying out his mod duties

Nathaliia 02-10-2009 10:30 PM

BD sounds like a very reasonable poster. This job screams for people who know what common sense is, who are open for suggestions and compromises, but also can defend own opinion. Plus, who are diplomatic and well spoken. I think BD fits in these criteria.

Well, I could take it, but I would need to cut the trolling and care of reputation, like I did when I was a mod some time ago already. So....nooo way :p.

tennizen 02-10-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathaliia (Post 8144167)
BD sounds like a very reasonable poster. This job screams for people who know what common sense is, who are open for suggestions and compromises, but also can defend own opinion. Plus, who are diplomatic and well spoken. I think BD fits in these criteria.

Well, I could take it, but I would need to cut the trolling and care of reputation, like I did when I was a mod some time ago already. So....nooo way :p.

Phrased that way I don't disagree:lol: But wacked calling him unbiased cracked me up a bit because I thought it was in reference to player preferences.

Ozone 02-10-2009 11:13 PM

I nominate VamosVinchinzo
This guy is very into being a mod and will definately not let anyone down.