MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   message to MTF owners and adminsitrators (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=126046)

Clay Death 06-19-2008 01:50 PM

message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Please be advised that Raging Lamb is taking his moderation duties too far. he continues to interfere with perfectly open and legitimate discussions on tennis. he is obsessive about editing posts and he also plays favorites here openly so as to try flaunt his little position.

there have been endless threads started here that are completely useless like the one about the Fed`s weight and the like and yet he took it upon himself to end several of my threads that were generating plenty of discussion here.

my thread about comparing and contrasting Nadal and Djokovic was ended for no reason when hundereds of posters were discussing their different styles of play.

and now my thread about the "doomsday stroking machine" which clearly talks about Nadal having taken his game to the next level was deleted for no reason at all.

worse, he has issued me an infraction for starting that thread. that thread was perfectly legitimate. the method of my making the point of his being on a tear for the last 3 months was creative but clean and intelligent. and posters were willing to discuss Nadal`s rising game.

this is a man who is ate up with hate. worse, he is taking his little duty of moderating too far. he is going out of his way to edit endless posts as well as delete perfectly legitimate threads that seem to generate fair amount of discussion. in short, he cant help butting in and it is constant and excessive.

this is not a professional and fair representation of MTF. this is going too far. this is about somebody who is now simply abusing his litle moderation duty. this will have a very adverse effect on this forum. number of intelligent posters no longer feel like posting here.

I will next make the calls to the owners of this forum to stop this abuse.

scoobs 06-19-2008 01:53 PM

Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

This certainly isn't going to achieve anything.

Burrow 06-19-2008 01:54 PM

RagingLamb is a hypocrite. Talks nonsense.

rocketassist 06-19-2008 01:54 PM

Agreed.

Time to wield the moderation axe.

Manon 06-19-2008 01:56 PM

Totally diferent people agreed? That means something.

Hypocrite at it's best.

If I'm allowed to make a wish it would be Eden.

Branimir 06-19-2008 01:57 PM

I got two warnings/infractions for insulting other members from Raging Lamb, I complained, but he was kind of right. Things are going to far in GM lately, so someone needs to do something to stop this. Raging Lamb is only one trying to do something. If more moderators were involved doing something here, this forum would not contain so many stupid and unnecessary threads full of hate, and disturbing posts, rather than constructive discussion. Whenever someone tries to say something constructive, there are always at least two smart asses to call that person: an idiot, stupid, retard, full of shite, clown, deluded etc... Without providing any sort of argument.

Raging Lamb, you have my support!

Clay Death 06-19-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burrow (Post 7214652)
RagingLamb is a hypocrite. Talks nonsense.

he is worse than a hypocrite. he has abused his moderating duties.

there are no other moderators who are constantly editing posts and deleting threads for no reason at all.

i have had posters ask me about why legitimate threads are deleted for no reason at all.

this abuse is not serving the best interests of MTF. his behavior is out of bounds and simply inconsistent with MTF objectives. I dont know how many posters he has run off.

scoobs 06-19-2008 01:58 PM

There's a feedback and support section of the site to raise concerns, you could PM the mod or other mods directly to discuss concerns also.

This is not going achieve anything except allow some people to attack a mod for a bit before it gets deleted.

arm 06-19-2008 02:01 PM

I have no idea why but I thought he was a she. :lol::shrug:

Meaning: Shut up Raquel you have nothing to complain about and I haven't noticed anything to be honest.

PS: For those who don't know, I am Raquel :lol:

Bernard Black 06-19-2008 02:01 PM

Look at it this way: less is more.

Nadal is on the rise...he's been on the rise for the past 3-4 years, this isn't news to anyone? By the sounds of it, it was a bandwagon thread at best and come on, Clay Death, I haven't seen you post in a thread yet that's not ended up being in debates about Nadal and Djokovic. Perhaps you were dealt with a bit harshly here, but I can see how a casual viewer of these forums might be put off by the constant talk about the same players.

Clay Death 06-19-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketassist (Post 7214654)
Agreed.

Time to wield the moderation axe.

he is doing a much bigger harm to MTF. he is hell bent on ruining the great reputation MTF has enjoyed.

why? because this moderting duties have gone to his head. he is now handing out infractions for people starting legitimate threads that are generating honest discussions.

i am very disappointed. I hope he is reprimanded at once for interfering with honest and legitimate discussions.

Burrow 06-19-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TidusZidane (Post 7214683)
Look at it this way: less is more.

Nadal is on the rise...he's been on the rise for the past 3-4 years, this isn't news to anyone? By the sounds of it, it was a bandwagon thread at best and come on, Clay Death, I haven't seen you post in a thread yet that's not ended up being in debates about Nadal and Djokovic. Perhaps you were dealt with a bit harshly here, but I can see how a casual viewer of these forums might be put off by the constant talk about the same players.

Yes, great reason for it to be deleted, not.

ryan23 06-19-2008 02:04 PM

Raging Lamb got anything to say on the matter? only fair we hear both sides of the story!

Bernard Black 06-19-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burrow (Post 7214692)
Yes, great reason for it to be deleted, not.

If that's how you prefer this forum to be, then fair enough.

Clay Death 06-19-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burrow (Post 7214678)
He gives me an infraction for calling somebody a moron, for stating something moronic, yet their is a emoticon on this forum symbolizing the word "retard".

that is what i mean. he is editing 100 posts a week and handing out infractions like he owns this forum.

he is doing a great harm to the forum and he running off posters.