MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=365)
-   -   So, my intro. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=124322)

BigJohn 05-27-2008 10:29 AM

So, my intro.

Hi there.

So, my intro.

I've been following tennis for a while now. I've been fortunate enough to see plenty of great players since my childhood. (I started really paying attention when Lendl was ruling the tour.)

I love GS tennis enough to watch the AO live, even on a weekday. Living in Montreal, this means a couple of weeks looking pretty much like a zombie. Totally worth it: this year because of Federer-Tipsarevic was a classic.

Agassi is, in my book, the greatest ever for winning all 4 majors on 4 different surfaces. I hope Federer will join him. Borg with his 3 RG-Wimbledon doubles is close behind.

I love the current era. Federer will probably end up with the most GS titles when he's done; Nadal will always be remembered as a clay magician even if his body breaks down tomorow. Roddick is my favorite player, he gives the best show on and off the courts.

The one guy I hate with a passion is the one that is so full of himself the he has a book titled "My First Grand Slam". The kid rubs me the wrong way. Hope his first GS was also his last.

Also, English is my second language, so please be kind if I sometimes do make any sense at all.

So, à bientôt.

Denaon 05-27-2008 02:41 PM

Re: So, my intro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn (Post 7103823)
Hi there.

So, my intro.

I've been following tennis for a while now. I've been fortunate enough to see plenty of great players since my childhood. (I started really paying attention when Lendl was ruling the tour.)

I love GS tennis enough to watch the AO live, even on a weekday. Living in Montreal, this means a couple of weeks looking pretty much like a zombie. Totally worth it: this year because of Federer-Tipsarevic was a classic.

Agassi is, in my book, the greatest ever for winning all 4 majors on 4 different surfaces. I hope Federer will join him. Borg with his 3 RG-Wimbledon doubles is close behind.

I love the current era. Federer will probably end up with the most GS titles when he's done; Nadal will always be remembered as a clay magician even if his body breaks down tomorow. Roddick is my favorite player, he gives the best show on and off the courts.

The one guy I hate with a passion is the one that is so full of himself the he has a book titled "My First Grand Slam". The kid rubs me the wrong way. Hope his first GS was also his last.

Also, English is my second language, so please be kind if I sometimes do make any sense at all.

So, à bientôt.

Welcome then!!!

Now this is what I think an appropiate introduction should look like...:mad: learn newbies!!! :rocker:

:rolls:

I hope you enjoy MTF as the rest do....see you around :wavey:

bad gambler 06-09-2008 10:26 AM

Welcome, I attended the 2005 Montreal tournament and had a great time. Loved the city as well.

:wavey:

BigJohn 06-09-2008 06:53 PM

Thanks for the nice official welcome in here Denaon and bad gambler. Thanks also to Leo, my first rep, and also P. Antonius, Bachelor Dandy, NYCtennisfan, Bremen, Manon, I♥PsY@Mus!c for the good vibes.

Also, hello to the people in the food thread who have been nice enough to acknowledge a newbie right from the start.

Hope to hear again from you all.

BigJohn
(I was going to sign with my initials, then I had second thoughts)

Fee 06-09-2008 09:51 PM

Hey Big John! Great intro, thanks for taking the time. I think you are good for MTF and your English is just fine (I would never have known if you hadn't said anything, half the native speakers around here are worse ;) ).

Yeah, don't sign with your initials. :lol:

scarecrows 06-09-2008 10:34 PM

welcome BigJohn

and great avatar (big RH fan here :wavey:)

BigJohn 06-09-2008 11:31 PM

You are too kind Fee, and thanks scarecrows.

I just forgot to mention the people in the tatoo poll section. Good people too, but some appear to be voyeurs. ;)

(yeah, I'm talking about you Louche. C'est très louche...)

I did not want to be rude.

See you!

Louche 06-10-2008 02:42 AM

I'm not that much of a voyeur. Just helpful. :devil:

I lived on Fullum near Parc LaFontaine, some time on St. Mathieu and more time on du Fort in the west many years ago. The Forum was still there. I moved a lot as well.

I'm an anglo, though. You probably guessed.

Nice to meet you.

partygirl 06-10-2008 08:39 AM

:):wavey:

Lee 06-10-2008 06:41 PM

Welcome Big John!

Montreal is the city I like most after Calgary of course ;)

BigJohn 06-20-2008 12:01 AM

Hi there Lee, I'll take Montreal over Calgary anyday thank you very much, but I'd gladly trade the Rockies for the Laurentides. Deal?

And partygirl, you said I should thank you, so thanks, and you were right, it IS quite a release.