MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   tuesday order of play (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=12382)

PatatRiek 07-05-2004 11:44 PM

tuesday order of play

Center (11 am start)
Q3 (2)R. Kendrick (USA) vs B. Baker (USA) to finish 16
R1 D Norman (BEL) vs (2)J Blake (USA)
R1 (1)Vince Spadea (USA) vs Jeff Salzenstein (USA)
R1 (6)Jan-Michael Gambill (USA) vs Jeff Morrison (USA)

Court 1 (11 am start)
Q3 R. Ram (USA) vs K.J. Hippensteel (USA)
R1 Alex Bogomolov (USA) vs Harel Levy (ISR)
R1 (8)Antony Dupuis (FRA) vs Jan Vacek (CZE)
R1 (4)Gregory Carraz (FRA) vs Greg Rusedski (GBR)

Court 2 (11 am start)
Q3 T. Rettenmaier (USA) vs (6)M. Mertinak (SVK) to finish 35
R1 (3)Jurgen Melzer (AUT) vs Jan Hernych (CZE)
R1 (5)Cyril Saulnier (FRA) vs (WC)Justin Gimelstob (USA)
R1 Kenneth Carlsen (DEN) vs Todd Reid (AUS)
R1 De Voest/Moodie vs (2)Melzer/Merklein

Court 3 (11 am start)
Q3 (1)G. Weiner (USA) vs (5)F. Dancevic (CAN)
R1 Nicolas Mahut (FRA) vs Jerome Golmard (FRA)
R1 (WC)A Delic (USA) vs (7)A Popp (GER)
R1 Ayala/Bowen vs Fisher/Huss

Neely 07-05-2004 11:57 PM

Re: tuesday order of play

you see melx?
Melzer up tomorrow :yippee: :yeah:
I hope he wins for us :cool:

also good luck to Alexander Popp and Bogie! :clap2:

melx 07-06-2004 12:20 AM

:worship: ~~~ good luck to Jurgen Melzer from Austria ~~~ :worship:

Ballbuster 07-06-2004 01:30 AM

how come Ginepri isn't defending his title? He's gonna lose a lot of points

Neely 07-06-2004 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbpgbp02
how come Ginepri isn't defending his title? He's gonna lose a lot of points

yes, that's really strange concerning he is the defending champ and normally you should come again and at least try to defend your title. Somehow it's almost a kind of unwritten law for me if I were a tennis player :shrug:

so, Robby didn't decide to go there :banghead: that's bad

but concerning his ranking this won't hurt him too much because he got almost as many points with 4th round appearance in Wimbledon as by winning Newport again. (1st round Wimbledon exit in 2003).

Fee 07-06-2004 02:14 AM

Robby did not put Newport on his schedule because it was so close to Wimbledon. The summer schedule is compressed this year because of the Olympics, but last year he was off the week after Wimbledon and then he went to Newport. I don't see anything wrong with his decision at all. Players decide to go to tournaments for all kinds of different reasons and that's their choice.

Neely 07-06-2004 02:30 AM

sure is nothing wrong with his decision, but for me, a tournament that I won the year before would be something special and I would try playing again there at almost every cost. (better leave out a tournament with an early exit last year)

Of course there is no obligation or anything like that to show up again at this tournament, but that's my personal attitute if I were a player. :shrug:

SuperRevelation 07-06-2004 02:34 AM

I agree Neely..

Deboogle!. 07-06-2004 04:04 AM

yea Neely I agree, I was really surprised to see that Newport wasn't on Robby's schedule when I looked at it a couple weeks ago. Sure, he picked up some nice points at Wimby this year but if he'd gone to Newport AND done well there again that would only help extra. Plus, he had a whole week after Wimby to come back to the US before Newport, he could've asked for a wild card or something if he'd really wanted to. Or he could've entered Newport and pulled out had he made it really far at Wimby. Newport was never on his schedule that I saw, so he couldn't have known by the time he made the decision how well he'd do :shrug:

Fee 07-06-2004 05:44 AM

He told me in February that he probably wasn't going to play Newport so perhaps he had other reasons. On the other hand, Newport was not on JMG's schedule until a few weeks ago and he changed his clay schedule at least twice that I know of, so, like I said, these guys play tournaments, or not, for whatever reasons...

And I also used to think 'if I was a player I would...' but then the more players I met and talked to, the more I realized I had no idea what they go through and I had no idea what I would do in their shoes.

Deboogle!. 07-06-2004 02:26 PM

well, the weather looks ok here this morning... hopefully South a couple hours is too :)

azza 07-06-2004 04:05 PM

Toddles Reid :worship:

No Wayne Arthurs today :rolleyes:

agi 07-06-2004 04:26 PM

can anyone tell me if it's raining again today in Newport?
are they playing?

Aleksa's Laydee 07-06-2004 04:34 PM

gregggie.... good luck

omg how shit is the web site?? lol so is there any play today???

Tricky_Forehand 07-06-2004 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fee

And I also used to think 'if I was a player I would...' but then the more players I met and talked to, the more I realized I had no idea what they go through and I had no idea what I would do in their shoes.

:yeah: