MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Guillermo Cañas Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=428)
-   -   World Team Cup Düsseldorf - Auf geht's Argentina! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=123652)

martine2 05-18-2008 08:45 AM

World Team Cup Düsseldorf - Auf geht's Argentina!

Argentine team: Cañas - Chela - Prieto and Ker

Willy plays Soderling today which will be a tough match. GOOD LUCK!!! :yeah:

dulkogi 05-18-2008 05:53 PM

Re: World Team Cup Düsseldorf - Auf geht's Argentina!

He lost today 3-6 1-6 :help:

martine2 05-18-2008 07:34 PM

:sad:
Soderling is a good player and I knew it would be tough but this is a bad score :sad:

Most important is he doesn't give up now, even with the bad results.

Aquarianbabe 05-20-2008 12:28 AM

And I take back what I wrote about replacing Chela at least he won. Ok Willy please win today.

Aquarianbabe 05-20-2008 12:33 AM

Shit he is playing Blake. He can win this match can't he?

martine2 05-20-2008 07:48 AM

Well, H2H is 1-0 in Blake's favor but this was on a hard court.
Hard to say what the outcome will be, but Blake's form hasn't been to bad lately (got to the QF in Rome, beating Seppi & Verdasco) :scared:

Good luck Willy!!!

Aquarianbabe 05-20-2008 02:45 PM

Now I am officially sad. I have just finished watching the match and Willy lost. He did throw his racket again though which means something I guess. I wonder if his wrist is still causing him a bit of problems. Big hugs to Willy go and get some more practice in for the FO

martine2 05-20-2008 04:52 PM

So you watched the match?
I only had the SB but from the stats I'd say Willy was the better player certainly 1st set
1st serve % was better then usual and no problem to keep the serve
2nd set the level seemed to go down??

Of course it sucks that he lost but to me it seemed he wasn't playing badly?

You saw the match so what is yr opinion?

wedda 05-20-2008 09:30 PM

Well you can't say it was a bad performance but certainly it was far from his level, yes he served pretty well he made some great shots but he didn't seem to be into the match at 5-3* blake had a match point and he missed a rediculous volley but if you saw how willy reacted to this point you would know he already threw away the match but blake missing this shot pushed him a bit into the match but it was not enough. And to be honest Blake played very well but again this match should've been his.

And finally throwing the racket is a gesture i haven't seen him do before so that doesn't look very good. But on the up side again he was not playing bad and he seemed physically well.

Aquarianbabe 05-21-2008 12:35 AM

I started watching from 5-6 1st set. He held ok. Blake's fh seemed to be working for him and Willy wasn't get to the balls quick enough. One game he df twice to lose his serve. Blake hit a couple of nice volleys. I didn't look at the stats so I can't comment on that. In the 2nd set Willy had a couple of easy games but towards the end they were like deuce. I like the fact that Gaston is the Captain and he can go and sit with the players after each game. This would of been a real positive. I don't know he seemed to be hitting the balls 3/4 in court instead of his driving fhands. I still think he was playing a lot better in Feb/Mar but that is just my opinion.

About throwing his racket he had break point. To me he missed a easy shot which would of brought it back to 5 games all. He threw his racket in frustration which means to me that he still thought he was in the match.

He has also shaved. Though my streaming could of been casting shadows. He looks like his has just got a moustache and maybe a goatie. And his shorts were very short and tight. Hope there is nothing else going on with him. Sorry I just had to be a girl there for a minute.

martine2 05-21-2008 08:14 AM

Thanks for the update Wedda & Aquarianbabe :)

Well he always keeps fighting until the end ;)

wedda 05-22-2008 02:51 PM

He lost to berdych 6-2/3-6/6-3 I didn't see the match but actually I expected a much worse scoreline. I hope that this is a sign that his performance is going up ;)

martine2 05-22-2008 05:05 PM

Well, in the 2nd set he certainly raised his level and it proved that, if he gets the 1st serve % up that's a good thing.

I certainly won't lose faith in him ;)

Aquarianbabe 05-23-2008 12:18 AM

I went to post after Willy's match last night but for some reason my post didn't go through. He played way better than in his other two matches. His fhs had more length and he came in to net a couple of times. I wish he do this more often as he is quite effective up at net. Serving stats 1 df, 9 aces and 64% overall. Agree Martine about his play in 2nd set also in the 3rd he looked good. He had bp on Berderych serve on most occasions. No rackets were thrown.

The best thing is that he got 3 matches in and he took this to the 3rd and didn't lose in straight sets.