MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Player Talk (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596)
-   -   One Hand Or Two Hand Backhand For You? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=122387)

Knightmace 04-29-2008 03:15 AM

One Hand Or Two Hand Backhand For You?

Which type type of backhand do you do?

A lot of my friends do one handed and so do I, I have a more feel to the ball and more slice.

I use to do two hand when I started then I developed into one-handed which in my opinion is better, anyway which one do you do?

StevoTG 04-29-2008 03:37 PM

Re: One Hand Or Two Hand Backhand For You?

Both :eek:
My two-hander is the more reliable, I will occasionally use slice backhands and the very odd time go all out for a winner off the one-hander (something I've never tried off the two-hander), it all depends on how the match is going and how your opponent deals with the shots. There are some matches when I just can't hit one-handers and have to hit all double-handed and vice-versa.

GlennMirnyi 04-30-2008 12:18 AM

One-hander but I can improvise some two-handers if necessary, but just as a last resort.

Knightmace 04-30-2008 02:03 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I actually return usually with two hand to get better control if it's a big serve but then I switch to one hand.

Topspin Sports 04-30-2008 02:16 AM

2 hands for me

Bernard Black 04-30-2008 03:43 PM

One hander.

I slice like a pro. Shame my drives aren't quite as consistent though!

Kolya 05-01-2008 12:14 PM

2 handed BH but I have a good slice.

zicofirol 05-04-2008 09:58 PM

guga and sampras are my all time fav players so you can guess :)...

wales1994 06-28-2008 10:13 PM

I've got a double handed backhand and forehandm :WOOHOO: I LOVE BEING THE ONLY PERSON IN MY TOURNIES who plays like this!

Tulipe 06-29-2008 09:02 AM

Two handed for me. And I don't know anyone of my age personally, both girls and boys, who'd play one handed. Strange, maybe the era of one handed backhand ends here...

arm 06-29-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wales1994 (Post 7259825)
I've got a double handed backhand and forehandm :WOOHOO: I LOVE BEING THE ONLY PERSON IN MY TOURNIES who plays like this!

:haha:

I suck at playing tennis. :lol: But my two handed backhand is better than my one handed forehand, so I guess I'll try a 2 handed forehand tomorrow. :lol: Thanks ;)

wales1994 06-29-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arm (Post 7262665)
:haha:

I suck at playing tennis. :lol: But my two handed backhand is better than my one handed forehand, so I guess I'll try a 2 handed forehand tomorrow. :lol: Thanks ;)

;) theres nothing wrong with it, i love playing like this because it makes me quite unique and i get loads of winners also :devil:

GustavoM_Fan 06-30-2008 02:50 AM

I use one handed but I can play 2 handed without problems...

with 2 handed is more easy to catch high and difficult balls. but I really like to do the swing with 1 hand, I feel much better the shot

and btw a double handed slice sounds very strange, from actual players I only see Santoro doing it

Lopez 07-01-2008 01:09 PM

I use a one-handed backhand. Sometimes it's on fire and my timing is right on, but then again sometimes I hit the topspin backhand too soft and a bit late and it becomes a "slice only" shot and thus a significant weakness. My forehand has more firepower, topspin and reliability, but I'm proud of playing with a nice-looking one-hander :).

sheeter 07-02-2008 03:35 AM

I use a one-hander. Its a inconsistent, but getting better.