MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Guillermo Coria Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Nickname thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=12165)

Guille's Girl 06-30-2004 06:16 PM

Nickname thread
 
Cuz I have nothing else to do. :rolleyes:

I'm the only one in my house who can say "Guillermo" SO everyone is always making up stuff.

My mom: "I'll just call him Willy" :rolleyes:

My Bro: "I'll just call him Givemo" :rolleyes:

My sis: "Gu-...er..I'll just call him Coria" :haha: At least she tried!

But anyway sometimes I call him Billy or Jay :shrug: Yeah weird I know.

|-Safin_Coria-| 06-30-2004 06:17 PM

Re: Nickname thread
 
Jay?? :confused:
i just call him Coria :)

Guille's Girl 06-30-2004 06:25 PM

Re: Nickname thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by |-Safin_Coria-|
Jay?? :confused:
i just call him Coria :)

"Guille" is pronounced "Ghee-jay"....hence "Jay".

tousledbaby 06-30-2004 06:51 PM

Re: Nickname thread
 
Some reporters speak the "G" always like a "K" . So its like Kee-almo :) ...hehe

Alisa 06-30-2004 06:55 PM

Re: Nickname thread
 
jay? it's pretty nice)) our reporters pronounce it just how it is written!)) so maybe i'm not sure how is it really pronounced... i like his surname!! coria. it's so sweet!)

|-Safin_Coria-| 06-30-2004 06:59 PM

Re: Nickname thread
 
:confused: i must be pronouncing it wrong...the sportscasters say it funny too...at least it sounds funny to me

tousledbaby 06-30-2004 07:01 PM

Re: Nickname thread
 
I always try to pronounce his surname in a Spanish way... :worship: Coorria Cooria Cooria...

Guille's Girl 06-30-2004 07:49 PM

Re: Nickname thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by |-Safin_Coria-|
:confused: i must be pronouncing it wrong...the sportscasters say it funny too...at least it sounds funny to me

The only commentator that says his name right is Chris Fowler on ESPN. I think he likes Guille :lol: He's the only commentator that talks about Guille alot.

LubiG 06-30-2004 09:30 PM

Re: Nickname thread
 
I always call him Guille and my friends look at me weirdly cause i'm like 'No, Guille didn't say that, he...' etc and it lˇwould seem i'm talking about someone i know

Nymeria 06-30-2004 09:43 PM

Re: Nickname thread
 
I usually call him Guillermo, most of my friends don't even know who I'm talking about when I say Coria :p

Guille's Girl 06-30-2004 09:56 PM

Re: Nickname thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Legolas
I usually call him Guillermo, most of my friends don't even know who I'm talking about when I say Coria :p

:eek: Wow. My sister couldn't pronouce Coria for a while. She pronounced it "Courier"...as in Jim....I was so appalled :fiery: :lol:

Nymeria 06-30-2004 09:59 PM

Re: Nickname thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guille's Girl
:eek: Wow. My sister couldn't pronouce Coria for a while. She pronounced it "Courier"...as in Jim....I was so appalled :fiery: :lol:

Well my friends are not intrested in tennis and get mad at me when I start about it again, it was terrible when I was just back from Rosmalen 2 weeks ago and I was in a Guillermo-mood :p My friends really were :rolleyes: at me all the time 'Not that Guillermo-guy again, we know you saw him, we know you like me. But SHUT UP' :p

Washa Koroleva 06-30-2004 10:43 PM

Re: Nickname thread
 
I pronounce his name like Gijermo. Or I just call him Guille. Mostly Guille, because then they know who I mean. When I said Coria to my dad he went like 'They don't play soccer this year, it's not in Europe!'...
I was shocked. I talked about Coria and Tennis and not about Korea and soccer!
At least he knows who I meant now :rolleyes:

Guille's Girl 06-30-2004 11:38 PM

Re: Nickname thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keira
I pronounce his name like Gijermo. Or I just call him Guille. Mostly Guille, because then they know who I mean. When I said Coria to my dad he went like 'They don't play soccer this year, it's not in Europe!'...
I was shocked. I talked about Coria and Tennis and not about Korea and soccer!
At least he knows who I meant now :rolleyes:

:haha: !!!

Hey you're pronouncing his name right! :clap2: :yeah:

kandykane 07-01-2004 01:40 AM

Re: Nickname thread
 
:haha:

most of my friends preferred "coria" translated into Chinese, sounds something like "Ker Li Ya".


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.