MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Gilles Simon Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=971)
-   -   THE pictures thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=121517)

Truc 04-17-2008 06:22 PM

THE pictures thread

I'm pulling a Zahirah and opening all the new threads.

Of course the prospect of a pic thread was a major reason for asking for a Gilles forum. I have no new ones yet, but feel free to post the best old ones in the meantime. :drool:

Brego 04-17-2008 08:45 PM

Re: THE pictures thread

I'm glad your opening all the new threads.

Here are some older pics from the thread.

From RG 2005 (Is that Winogradsky)??:

This photos is the first time I became aware of Gilles. It was AO 2006. He had given so much in his match against Berdych that he literally had to be helped off the court (he won by the way). :)

And a link to Danielafrenchfan's post:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=161

Truc 04-18-2008 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brego (Post 6895322)
This photos is the first time I became aware of Gilles. It was AO 2006. He had given so much in his match against Berdych that he literally had to be helped off the court (he won by the way). :)

I became a fan in Marseille 2007 (I had never seen him play before) and I'm pissed I missed that epic AO 2006! I know Forget called him "a genious" after that match, which made Gilles laugh in an interview when he was asked about it (he answers something like "nice from him, but I'm not so sure, it must be the first time he was watching me play!"), so I'm very curious to know why the hell Forget called Gillou a "genious". :lol:

(I put bits of the French interviews of the AO 2006 here: http://gilles-simon.over-blog.com/article-18005307.html - it's fun to read now a few years later, he's also asked to describe his game, etc. - I can translate it later if anybody is interested.)

Truc 04-18-2008 06:42 AM

He looks so great on these older pics of Cécile. But I have never seen a pic of him as a boy. He wasn't doing well in the boys championships, so there are plenty of pics of Richard, Gaël, Jo, even Mathieu Montcourt (or Clément Morel!) on the FFT websites, but never of "young Poussin".

He really was still looking like a boy in his first years on the tour, he has changed a lot:

Truc 04-18-2008 06:47 AM

Here is the scan from the "Mousquetaires de réserve" article I translated a few weeks ago in his thread, I think we only had the smaller version so far:

Truc 04-18-2008 06:51 AM

And yes, that's Winogradsky ( :drool: ) in that RG 2005 pic, Brego.
OK, enough spammed now. :angel:

tedlesurfeur 04-18-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truc (Post 6897067)
Here is the scan from the "Mousquetaires de réserve" article I translated a few weeks ago in his thread, I think we only had the smaller version so far:

I had this picture too, lol.
There are others from this series with just Gillou on them.. do you have them (does everybody have them? shall I post them? :lol: )

tennis2018 04-18-2008 10:16 AM

please do thanx in advance

Truc 04-18-2008 12:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yes, please, I saw them in the gallery on Corinne Dubreuil's website, but they were with watermarks there.

I remember he looked pretty skinny in these pics, that was only one year ago, he has really developed his upper body when you compare with the shirtless pics taken by Toppu in Sydney at the beginning of the year.

– I see Toppu's pics are not available anymore, unfortunately, so here are two for the ones who missed the whole series:

Truc 04-18-2008 12:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Some random pics which were already posted, I just browsed through the Gilles pics I still have on my HD (but I have lost many of them lately).

I know it's silly, but I love the way he sometimes throws his racquet with a sulky face: :p

Truc 04-18-2008 12:41 PM

8 Attachment(s)
And Gillou showing some emotion on the court (Umag 07, Rotterdam 08, AO 08, Marseille 08, Sopot 07, Marseille 07, Bucarest 07, Umag 07):

Toppu 04-18-2008 05:05 PM

ok guys.. I guess now I'm a big fan of Gilles already.
Here for you again

I think I have some more that you have never seen. I'll find them and post asap.

Brego 04-19-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truc (Post 6897055)
I became a fan in Marseille 2007 (I had never seen him play before) and I'm pissed I missed that epic AO 2006! I know Forget called him "a genious" after that match, which made Gilles laugh in an interview when he was asked about it (he answers something like "nice from him, but I'm not so sure, it must be the first time he was watching me play!"), so I'm very curious to know why the hell Forget called Gillou a "genious". :lol:

(I put bits of the French interviews of the AO 2006 here: http://gilles-simon.over-blog.com/article-18005307.html - it's fun to read now a few years later, he's also asked to describe his game, etc. - I can translate it later if anybody is interested.)

Is my translation right? - that he says he has good timing in striking the ball that's why he can get so much force on the ball without expanding too much energy.

Thanks for all the :drool: pics especially the one with Serra and Gicquel?? and Toppu your pics are fantastic. Thanks for reposting them.

jitterbug 04-19-2008 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truc (Post 6894445)
I'm pulling a Zahirah and opening all the new threads.

:spit: :rolls:

I have photos of Gilles that I haven't posted yet, I think :scratch: (including the one where you drooled all over my Facebook, Fran :p) I'll try to post them ASAP.

Acer 04-19-2008 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truc (Post 6897067)

Aww sweaty armpits, it's ok Gilles we still like you.