MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Arnaud Clement Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=438)
-   -   Indian Wells - Miami (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=119284)

Marine 03-12-2008 12:39 PM

Indian Wells - Miami

Indian Wells

First round: Clement / Rochus
As said Via, he's the heigh advantage (for once). lol

higherlaw 03-12-2008 01:25 PM

Re: Indian Wells - Miami

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine (Post 6709586)
Indian Wells

First round: Clement / Rochus
As said Via, he's the heigh advantage (for once). lol

Thanks for posting this.

Yup, Arnaud is taller than Olivier by two inches, or 5cm! Arnaud leads head-to-head 3-0, but they haven't played since 2004...

Hangdog 03-12-2008 07:16 PM

:bounce: It's feeling like Arnaud hasn't been playing for ages!
He has a relatively not bad draw so hope he's been missing victories as well and is not going to waste his chances.

Marine 03-12-2008 09:12 PM

You can notice I even didn't write the name of his opponent at second round :tape:

Via 03-12-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine (Post 6711562)
You can notice I even didn't write the name of his opponent at second round :tape:

:lol: i'm not optimistic either, but just in case, i remember it being ferrer.

mika or lee or nieminen would be likely opponents in the 3rd... but wait, probably shouldn't look past ferrer! lol

arghhh more likely will lose the first round, coming back.

let's just check the doubles to make sure that mika hasn't dumped him lol

Marine 03-12-2008 10:03 PM

LOL
Yes, Mika can play with everybody, arnaud, julien... not important, he's the boss in the pair, it's him who makes win the team. The players must be happy to play with him.

(I hope it will be arnaud)

Via 03-13-2008 11:23 PM

arnaud and mika's section of the doubles draw:
Quote:

(1) Bryan/Bryan vs Baghdatis/Wawrinka
Coetzee/Moodie vs Kohlscreiber/Nieminen
Ljubicic/Robredo vs Mirnyi/Jamie Murray
Melo/Sa vs Clement/Llodra (7)
nothing is easy....

Via 03-14-2008 12:59 PM

well, so much for being fans! i didn't know they had started the singles at IW :eek:

before we knew it, arnaud, seb, and mika, had all lost their 1st rounds *sad chuckle* (any icon for that?)

higherlaw 03-14-2008 03:02 PM

:wavey: Normally I would say :mad: about Arnaud losing, but I won't this time. I kept one eye on the live scoring and he really put in a good effort for a first match back after an injury. He was down 0-4 in the first set, but lost it 4-6. Most games in the second set went to deuce. And, I can still say another thing I normally do...well, at least he has doubles.

Sorry that you missed it Via.

Hangdog 03-14-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 6711667)
arghhh more likely will lose the first round, coming back.

lol :worship:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 6718090)
before we knew it, arnaud, seb, and mika, had all lost their 1st rounds *sad chuckle* (any icon for that?)

Now let's see if any of them will show up at Sunrise Challenger... Somehow I doubt it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by higherlaw (Post 6718477)
:wavey: Normally I would say :mad: about Arnaud losing, but I won't this time. I kept one eye on the live scoring and he really put in a good effort for a first match back after an injury. He was down 0-4 in the first set, but lost it 4-6. Most games in the second set went to deuce. And, I can still say another thing I normally do...well, at least he has doubles.

:wavey: Interesting that according to the scoreboard Seb's match was going in the same manner and was finished with a similar score.

Well, as for the doubles, maybe they should enjoy "a dinner of the losers" again :) Looks like they play their first round tomorrow, and as I remember they met Sa and the other guy in the end of the last year in Stockholm and gained a victory that time.

Via 03-14-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by higherlaw (Post 6718477)

Sorry that you missed it Via.

i suppose i should feel slightly better reading your report... but then it's a masters tournament after all, not something that one in his right mind should easily give up on! :shrug:

i wouldn't have followed the match anyway :p (no tv broadcast)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hangdog (Post 6719974)
lol :worship:

Now let's see if any of them will show up at Sunrise Challenger... Somehow I doubt it.

:wavey: Interesting that according to the scoreboard Seb's match was going in the same manner and was finished with a similar score.

Well, as for the doubles, maybe they should enjoy "a dinner of the losers" again :) Looks like they play their first round tomorrow, and as I remember they met Sa and the other guy in the end of the last year in Stockholm and gained a victory that time.

yes, but melo and sa are a good experienced pair, and arnaud/mika don't have so much of a surface advantage here (though i'm the first to admit, i don't know what their opponents' favourite surface is... though IW is likely to be a fair surface for all)

Truc 03-15-2008 07:07 AM

Just 2 lines in L’Equipe about his first round match, he says he’s happy to have been able to play without pain, he felt like "he played tennis for the first time this year, as if his season had just started".
(Bien que battu 6-4, 6-4 par Olivier Rochus, Arnaud CLÉMENT a eu la joie, jeudi, de se déplacer enfin sans douleur au pied et d’avoir le sentiment de « jouer au tennis pour la première fois de l’année, comme si ma saison venait de commencer »…)

Marine 03-15-2008 11:30 AM

:confused::confused::confused:
Comme si il avait bien joué peut-être ????????? Il a perdu.
Du mal à comprendre sa vision des choses...

higherlaw 03-15-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 6720702)
i wouldn't have followed the match anyway :p (no tv broadcast)

I meant live scoring. Only a lucky few will get TV this time :mad:, at least in the US.

Via 03-15-2008 10:23 PM

no need to be annoyed marine.... at least he hasn't played worse than before the break, has he? :lol:

if he has finally woken up for this year, like he said, that would be great.

hmmm i think we'll get IW on pay tv here from sunday onwards? won't you higherlaw in the US?