MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Spreading Reputation (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=118694)

Angle Queen 03-02-2008 12:48 AM

Spreading Reputation

I don't log in much, much less give reputation...so it makes me go crazy when I get the dreaded message that I've got to spread it around some more. I can't look up who I gave it to last or how many other posters I've got to rep before I can hit the same one again.

Why can't it be tied to "time" instead of "number of other reps" (or whatever the heck it's related to)? Know you probably can't or won't change it; I just want to gripe.

Truc 03-03-2008 11:04 AM

Re: Spreading Reputation

Oh yes, it's very annoying. I feel like I give quite a lot of reps, but constantly get that message too.

Lee 03-03-2008 06:41 PM

IMO, I think it's more reasonable to limit giving reputation to 20/day instead of 10/day and as long as you don't rep the same poster in the same day. No need to rep another 20 posters before you can rep the same poster again.

belco 03-04-2008 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 6665409)
IMO, I think it's more reasonable to limit giving reputation to 20/day instead of 10/day and as long as you don't rep the same poster in the same day. No need to rep another 20 posters before you can rep the same poster again.

i agree with you :)

i cant remember the last time i repp'ed u but i still cant give u one :(

savesthedizzle 03-04-2008 02:28 AM

I'd rep you Lee, but I can't :p

I did rep belco though :)

Lee 03-04-2008 02:42 AM

belco last rep me on 2-23-08 :p

Lee 03-04-2008 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savestheday91 (Post 6667455)
I'd rep you Lee, but I can't :p

I did rep belco though :)

:mad::mad::mad:

belco 03-04-2008 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 6667510)
belco last rep me on 2-23-08 :p

:eek:

the system sure does suck :ras:

StevoTG 04-09-2008 01:33 AM

Yeah this rep thing is the only problem I've got with the running of MTF. If I think someone has made a great point or I agree with someone I can't good rep them if I've good rep'd them recently. However I don't good rep terribly often and used to find myself often agreeing with and good-repping the same people, now I have to look around for others to good rep in the mean time even if it's or something I usually wouldn't consider repping :shrug:

Where's the harm in letting us good-rep whoever we want anyway?

P.S. I feel a good-rep coming on for Angle Queen for starting this thread.

Naranoc 04-09-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevoTG (Post 6849930)
Yeah this rep thing is the only problem I've got with the running of MTF. If I think someone has made a great point or I agree with someone I can't good rep them if I've good rep'd them recently. However I don't good rep terribly often and used to find myself often agreeing with and good-repping the same people, now I have to look around for others to good rep in the mean time even if it's or something I usually wouldn't consider repping :shrug:

Where's the harm in letting us good-rep whoever we want anyway?

I'm not completely sure, but using the example of bad reps, it's probably to prevent someone from constantly badrepping the same people all the time, which would get irritating after a while (even now, some members eagerly count down the four-day rep limit just to bad rep another user). I don't think it's possible to technically separate how good and bad reps work.

martine2 04-10-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truc (Post 6662572)
Oh yes, it's very annoying. I feel like I give quite a lot of reps, but constantly get that message too.

I second that.
I don't give that many reps so when I do, I can't rep that same person for ages :mad:

Jelena 04-10-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martine2 (Post 6854253)
I second that.
I don't give that many reps so when I do, I can't rep that same person for ages :mad:

same with me :awww:

luxsword 04-21-2008 11:33 AM

Bad reps should be limited the way it is, but good rep should be unlimited. :dance:
And I'd like to be able to see ALL the reps I was given, too, cause the old ones vanish :awww:

luxsword 07-12-2008 07:01 PM

I was given reputation a while ago, without any message attached, and it's neither red nor green, but some kind of blue/grey. I asssume it's not meant to be red cause it was by tennisfan444, who seems, according to his/her profile to like Safin and it was for a pic I posted in Marat's picture thread. :shrug: But I wonder why it's of this strange color. :scratch:

Fergie 07-12-2008 07:12 PM

When a member has less than 50 post all the reputations that spread are grey ;)