MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Marin Cilic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=961)
-   -   ^_^ Marin' Press: articles, videos, audios and anything else you share ^_^ (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=117478)

linus 02-13-2008 03:33 PM

^_^ Marin' Press: articles, videos, audios and anything else you share ^_^

BTW... if any catalog/index is needed, let me know, I will try :p

linus 02-13-2008 03:55 PM

Re: ^_^ Marin' Press: articles, videos, audios and anything else you share ^_^

First here into was posted by Truc, hightlights against Youzhny, R1, Marseille :
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...8&postcount=56

skoked 02-14-2008 08:20 AM

hello

i have this link: http://newgeneration.croatianherald....3/Default.aspx
its an article after the australian open, i found it a few days ago.

cc2monac 02-14-2008 10:11 AM

great thread dear!

linus 02-16-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skoked (Post 6573646)
hello

i have this link: http://newgeneration.croatianherald....3/Default.aspx
its an article after the australian open, i found it a few days ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc2monac (Post 6574065)
great thread dear!

Thank you both dears :)

kinglear 07-24-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc2monac (Post 6574065)
great thread dear!

Most definitely. It's weird because there are virtually no Cilic matches on youtube or anywhere else. I'm sure in the future there will be more because Marin is steadily rising to the superstar we know he is, and he will soon get the respect he deserves. He's close to defeating Roddick in Toronto as I type. hehe :)

Silence 07-25-2008 09:01 AM

M. CILIC/A. Roddick
6 4, 4 6, 6 4
THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Is that one of your best victories in your career?
MARIN CILIC: I wouldn't say so. I played also in González quite good match, and played twice with Davydenko when he was third and fourth, I think.
So I wouldn't say it's the best one. I had also...

Q. One of the best?
MARIN CILIC: Yeah, it is definitely one of the best. You don't have a chance to beat top 10 player every month, so it's a good effort.

Q. In the beginning of the year you said that your goal was to be in the top 40 by the end of the season. You got there pretty fast after Australia and since then. You're around there. You've beaten top players. What's the goal now for the end of the season?
MARIN CILIC: I didn't set any goals so far until the end of the season. I'm just going to try as good as I can. I also played Australian Open and Wimbledon very good. I reached the second week, which was really good for my confidence and for my game.
So I think I'm just going to try to play good tennis and try to focus on that. I'm not going to put any pressure to reaching some point with the ranking.

Q. You were up a break in the second set and things got away from you. Talk about this a little bit. What was going through your mind?
MARIN CILIC: Well, yeah, I was they are serving on 4 3 in second set. He started to play a little bit better, put a little more balls in the court. There I lost a little bit my concentration and focus. I made few unforced errors, and then he got back in the game and he was playing good at that point. Also crowd helped him a little bit to get his mental side back.
But when I lost that second set I put myself back together, and I was just thinking to start really good the third set. That thing was, I think, really crucial. врот мышь читай....в этом вся Мрня

Q. Talk but beginning of the third. When you got that break, did it help you get over what had just happened in the second?
MARIN CILIC: Well, yeah, I forget already what was happening in the second set. I was just focused on the third set. I knew that I have to play every point the best I can and not let him any not to give him any chances to come back. Сынку фик сломаешь, упрется и давай перебирать ластами и гнуть свою линию

Q. Andy Roddick said that you came out really aggressive and he liked your aggressiveness. Was that a game plan of yours?
MARIN CILIC: Well, I'm usually playing like that. I'm trying to play as aggressive as I can and try to serve good, and that was working very good today. I was moving him around quite good and exposing him on both sides. That was working very well.
He obviously didn't have a lot of chances to attack, which was really good thing for me.

Q. He seemed like he was getting frustrated with the umpire. Did all that arguing throw your game off any? Didn't seem like it affected you.
MARIN CILIC: No, I mean, it's just I mean, that's him. He's maybe he was just feeling at that point he should argue with the referee.
For me, didn't really matter. I was just focused on myself and trying to play my game.

Q. You get Simon next. What do you know about his game?
MARIN CILIC: I played him a few times. Once last year in Wimbledon we played a really tough five set match. He's really good player, very solid. I watched him a little bit last night with Federer, and he was playing really good and not missing any balls.
Obviously he's in good shape and good form, so I think it's going to be tough match. But I think I have a chance if I play as good as today.

Q. Even so early in your career the name on the other side doesn't seem to bother you.
MARIN CILIC: Well, I mean, I played already few of those guys. On the beginning of my pro career I was a little bit it was a little bit for me different. I was a little more nervous at that time.
Now I got used to it and I played a lot on Grand Slams and a lot of tough matches, so it didn't bother me at all.

Q. You train at the Bob Brett Academy. Who is your traveling coach?
MARIN CILIC: Well, so far Bob will help me when he can. He travels with me sometimes. When he's not with me I'm with my brother. That's the thing, so...

Q. Simon has said that he's tired. Obviously he played a lot of matches. How are you feeling fatigue wise?
MARIN CILIC: I'm feeling fine. Today I had a little bit adrenaline so I was pumped up. So far I'm feeling really good, and I think for tomorrow I'm going to be fresh.

Q. Talk a little bit about returning that serve of Roddick's, because it's a pretty big serve and you seem to be getting a hold of it.
MARIN CILIC: Yeah, I was in good position on his serve, when he was serving, and I was able to put a lot returns back, which was a really good thing for me because he had to play and work a lot on his serve, which he is not used to.
So that was the thing, I think, that helped me to break him so many times.

Q. Simon is a good player, but is it a bigger opportunity for you with Roger out?
MARIN CILIC: I mean, I would say yes, because if Roger is playing obviously he can play much better than he played last night. So I think it's good opportunity for me and also for Simon to advance.
But well see what's going to happen. We are both, I think, in good shape and good form, so I think it's going to be quite interesting.

oranges 07-25-2008 09:23 AM

Silence, thanks for the interview.

linus 07-25-2008 10:16 AM

woo... finally chance to read Marin' interview :aplot:

what a lovely guy as usual :hearts: he always said something from his real mind, even difficult to telll sweet "lies" :lol:

how mysterious... what he said was totally and exactly what was on my mind :aplot:

celcius 07-25-2008 10:45 PM

There is a lot about Marin in this article: http://tennisworld.typepad.com/trave...o-waiting.html

oranges 08-24-2008 08:05 PM

ATP Spotlight for the first title
http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008ne...ight_cilic.asp

Croatian Marin Cilic captured his first ATP title Saturday at Pilot Pen Tennis in New Haven, defeating American Mardy Fish 6-4, 4-6, 6-2.

The 19-year-old Zagreb resident becomes the eighth first-time ATP winner this season. ATPtennis.com caught up with Cilic after his maiden triumph on Saturday.

How does it feel to win your first ATP title at 19?
It feels great. Before the season started my secret goal was at least to play one ATP final, but I did play that and I won it so itís a big accomplishment.

You played really high-level all week and you were in control throughout most of your matches this week, only losing two sets. What did you do effectively this week to make this breakthrough and win the title?
Well I came from Beijing and didnít feel too good the first couple of days I was here but as I passed through the first few rounds I was feeling much better, playing very well and enjoying the atmosphere here and the good weather.

Did you have a hard time adjusting from your trip to Beijing?
It was hard, but I had a bye first round and in the second round Troicki retired against me so that was a little bit of a relief because I had another day to practice and to adjust, so that was a big help.

Youíve had a lot of recent success from your country Ė Mario (Ancic), Ivo (Karlovic), Ivan (Ljubicic) Ė youíre joining them, youíve won a title, youíre ascending in the rankings. How good is this for the country and the sport in your country?
I think itís pretty big now because Iím coming up as a youngster, coming from a new generation and joining them in a very good way. I jumped very high in the rankings, I think thatís going to help for our Davis Cup team and also for, I believe, younger ones that they can work more when they practice and play tournaments. They will have us as their idols and thatís really going to be big if I continue to play like this and, of course, if Mario is going to be at the top.

Because you came up a couple of years behind them, did any of them have a particular influence on you?
Well mostly Goran Ivanisevic did. He was finishing his career and he was practicing with me a lot when I was 14, 15 and he put me together with Bob Brett his ex-coach that, I think, helped me the most. From Bob, I learned a lot of things and he gave me a lot of influence and helped me a lot on the court.

This week last year you were ranked outside the Top 100 and lost in the 1st RD of qualifying at the US Open. What has changed since then and how great does it feel going into the US Open to make your first main draw appearance as one of the Top 30 seeds and an ATP title holder?
It feels really good and I know that I practiced really well at the beginning of the year and I had really good wins and good runs in the summer. Now Iím going into the US Open with big confidence and I hope Iím going to play very well there. Of course, I have a lot of room to improve more and I hope Iím going to be even better next year.

So where can you improve? What should we be looking for?
Mostly I think Iím going to get much stronger physically as I stop growing (upwards) and now I can grow wider (laughing). I think thatís going to help a lot. As you become stronger your shots become more consistent and your serve gets better. So I think thatís going to be a big improvement in the next few years.

How will you change your diet to bulk up?
Steaks!

What hobbies, interests do you have away from tennis?
Mostly, when I have free time, I got to my hometown and spend time with my family as the year is very long and I need some time off over there. Of course I go out with my friends, my cousins and I relax and have a good time there.

Family seems important to you, you had your brother here. Even though it was 3am (in Croatia), your family back home was pretty interested in what was going on.
Well I think that this night was the easiest one for them because they were at least watching it on the TV. The last two nights when I played my matches they were just following the scores on the Internet, and I know thatís very tough to just watch the numbers rolling. They were really big support and theyíre always there, even in the bad times, they raise me a little bit. Iím really thankful that my brother could come here, as a brother and a friend, so itís a big help.

Did your family get you going in tennis? How did you get started?
My father wanted each of us to play sport; I was at a good age to play tennis so I started to play and loved it. In the next couple of years I was showing at tournaments that I was really talented and that I was one of the best in the generation.

Are you doing anything special to celebrate this win? Buying a car?
Not right now (laughing), Iím just going to focus on the US Open coming in a couple of days. I hope Iím going to get ready for it and relax a little bit too to get going again.

Sexysova 08-25-2008 07:27 AM

New Haven F - Marin Cilic def. Mardy Fish 6-4 4-6 6-2

MATCH: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/vi...7&p=7308#p7308

Pepi. 08-25-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Andrew* (Post 7544420)

:worship:

oranges 08-25-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Andrew* (Post 7544420)

:bounce: Thank you, thank you, thank you :worship:

wop875 08-28-2008 07:04 AM

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/int...884698182.html

Q. How did it go from your point of view?

MARIN CILIC: It was tough match. He's pretty solid player, and he doesn't give any points away. So during the match, I had to earn all my points, and the thing was that I start to serve pretty good from second set, and that helped me a lot and gave me a lot of free points. And I started to put much more pressure on him.

Like, during the fourth set, I lost few games that I shouldn't have on my serve. I was 40‑15 up, and on his ‑‑ to come back I had Love‑40, and those went on his side. Eventually I got back, and so we had a little thriller in tiebreak, but I was feeling physically very well, and in the fifth set, I didn't have too many problems.

Q. Who is your coach now?

MARIN CILIC: Well, Bob Brett is helping me a lot. He can't travel every week with me. He was in Toronto and Cincinnati, and in Wimbledon before that. So he couldn't come here, but he's going to be in couple of weeks in Beijing and Tokyo after, but all the time talking with him.

Q. Who's here with you now?

MARIN CILIC: Just a brother.