MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   DTT (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=973)
-   -   Doubles Tennis Tipping (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=117354)

Drikke 02-11-2008 03:51 PM

Doubles Tennis Tipping

Hello :wavey:

I don't know there are much people interested in this, but I'd like to start a new game : Doubles Tennis Tipping.

It will works the same like Tennis Tipping, but instead off predicting on singles matches, you'll have to predict the winner of doubles matches.

You'll be able to play as well singles as doubles (same like TT) . All the other rules of Doubles TT will be the same, also the teabreak system.

I'd like to know that there are people interested in this game. When you're interested just post a little message here.

:wavey:

Zirconek 02-11-2008 04:21 PM

Re: Doubles Tennis Tipping

It looks interesting, I'd like to play :)

but remeber the doubles draw is smaller and there are a lot of WO and retirements... and the schedule is always subject to change. maybe it would work better with another game, like PAW, PYW, etc.

JM-Del-Potro 02-11-2008 04:22 PM

Sure,I like doubles :p

Drikke 02-11-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zirconevs (Post 6559952)
It looks interesting, I'd like to play :)

but remeber the doubles draw is smaller and there are a lot of WO and retirements... and the schedule is always subject to change. maybe it would work better with another game, like PAW, PYW, etc.

Indeed , but I'd like to pick matches for over more tournaments. Like this week we could tip on matches from 3 tournaments. Most off the time there are 2 or 3 tournaments a week or there is a big tournament like a GS or a MS and then the draws are bigger. We've tried CAD ( Choose a double ) last year but it hasn't worked so good, nw I'd like to try it with TT .

JeffCandoi 02-11-2008 06:05 PM

good .. i'd like too

Björki 02-11-2008 06:28 PM

I'd like it :)

FilipeMB 02-11-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drikke (Post 6559997)
Indeed , but I'd like to pick matches for over more tournaments. Like this week we could tip on matches from 3 tournaments. Most off the time there are 2 or 3 tournaments a week or there is a big tournament like a GS or a MS and then the draws are bigger. We've tried CAD ( Choose a double ) last year but it hasn't worked so good, nw I'd like to try it with TT .

yes, it didn't work out because not so many people were interesed on this. Not more than 15 players have made picks through all the tournament (if I am not mistaken, it was Madrid MS). I would play it very surely. Good luck Drikke!

Drikke 02-11-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FilipeMB (Post 6560575)
yes, it didn't work out because not so many people were interesed on this. Not more than 15 players have made picks through all the tournament (if I am not mistaken, it was Madrid MS). I would play it very surely. Good luck Drikke!

trucul 02-11-2008 07:15 PM

I am interested in tipping doubles but if this is yet another game not related from current (singles) Tennis Tipping, I don't know if it will be of interest for a lot of people. My suggestion would be that in the current Tennis Tipping, some additional doubles matches be added in the daily tipping. These doubles matches would count only for the TT Doubles Draw.

Example with tomorrow Marseille OOP:

Instead of having:

Tuesday OOP for singles R2 and doubles R1
Julien Benneteau FRA vs. Andrei Pavel ROM - SR1 PTS
Marcos Baghdatis CYP vs. Arnaud Clement FRA - SR2 (SR2 PTS for doubles)
Michael Berrer GER vs. Teimuraz Gabashvili RUS - SR3 (SR3 PTS for doubles)
Stanislas Wawrinka SUI vs. Sebastien Grosjean FRA - SR4 (SR4 PTS for doubles)
Hyung-Taik Lee KOR vs. Juan Carlos Ferrero ESP - SR5 (SR5 PTS for doubles)
Nicolas Mahut FRA vs. Michail Elgin RUS - SR6 (SR6 PTS for doubles)
Andy Murray GBR vs. Jesse Huta Galung NED - SR7 (SR7 PTS for doubles)

we would have:
Tuesday OOP for singles R2 and doubles R1
Fyrstenberg/Matkowski vs. Karlovic/Zovko (doubles only: SR1 PTS)
Haggard/Mahut vs. Bolelli/Seppi (doubles only: SR2 PTS)
Julien Benneteau FRA vs. Andrei Pavel ROM - SR1 PTS (SR3 PTS for doubles)
Marcos Baghdatis CYP vs. Arnaud Clement FRA - SR2 (SR4 PTS for doubles)
Michael Berrer GER vs. Teimuraz Gabashvili RUS - SR3 (SR5 PTS for doubles)
Stanislas Wawrinka SUI vs. Sebastien Grosjean FRA - SR4 (SR6 PTS for doubles)
Hyung-Taik Lee KOR vs. Juan Carlos Ferrero ESP - SR5 (SR7 PTS for doubles)
Nicolas Mahut FRA vs. Michail Elgin RUS - SR6 (SR8 PTS for doubles)
Andy Murray GBR vs. Jesse Huta Galung NED - SR7 (SR9 PTS for doubles)

Feedbacks are welcome :p

Drikke 02-11-2008 07:21 PM

I don't think this will be accepted by many people. There are much TT players who doesn't want to pick doubles and I als don't think the Board will change their rules. TT is abot tipping on singles matches.

trucul 02-11-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drikke (Post 6560787)
I don't think this will be accepted by many people. There are much TT players who doesn't want to pick doubles and I als don't think the Board will change their rules. TT is abot tipping on singles matches.

You are surely right but when I discovered TT last December, I was surprised that TT Doubles were only for tipping Singles. Much TT Players do not want to pick doubles simply because they are less familiar with Doubles Team than with Singles Team. But, I have seen that there are more and more Doubles matches which can be viewed on the Web (with live streaming such as bwin) and this game is really spectacular, especially with the new rules (no-Ad, super Tie-Break).

Having a separate league with Doubles would be difficult. If you have, like this week, 3 tournaments around the globe, it would be difficult to know at what time you have to send picks ...

Finally, it could be up to the TT manager of a tournament to indicate if he wants to include Doubles matches for the daily pick or not (mostly restricted to Doubles team). This could bring more fun and make some hype for the tournament he is managing (could be a poll also 1 week before beginning of the tournament to get the opinion of the participants). Furthermore, if what has to be picked for TT Doubles is slightly different as for TT Singles would lead less to situation where a winner of a tournament wins both Singles and Doubles.

HenryMag 02-11-2008 10:54 PM

I would play it...But I think it should be an independent game from the Tennis Tipping...

About the few matches problem, well I think the idea of playing 3 tourneys in the same time it's not bad, but why not just play Doubles TT in MS and GS and in the weeks when all tourneys are in the same timnezone?? Just an idea.

HenryMag 02-11-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FilipeMB (Post 6560575)

I like it a lot...Shame we didn't have more tourneys.

And yes, it was in Madrid.

Alonsofz 02-11-2008 11:06 PM

Great idea! I support it :yeah:

Snowwy 02-12-2008 01:38 AM

Great idea if this is a new game. :)