MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Brasil Open (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=823)
-   -   Who's Going? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=117233)

radjan 02-09-2008 01:12 AM

Who's Going?

Hi guys,

I`ll be there tomorrow, and even though i think it will be hard tio strem anything, i`ll try to record some matches with my cam.

Is there any match that some of you want in special? I`ll wait `til tomorrow morning for any answers.

During the week i`ll be going there too but i don`t know the days yet. As soon as I know, i`ll inform you to ask the same quyestion.

Best regards to all of you! :wavey:

TMJordan 02-09-2008 04:24 AM

Re: Costa do Sauipe Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 8, 2008)

Quote:

Originally Posted by radjan (Post 6549830)
Hi guys,

I`ll be there tomorrow, and even though i think it will be hard tio strem anything, i`ll try to record some matches with my cam.

Is there any match that some of you want in special? I`ll wait `til tomorrow morning for any answers.

During the week i`ll be going there too but i don`t know the days yet. As soon as I know, i`ll inform you to ask the same quyestion.

Try to see Dani Koeller :worship:

Have a great time :)

gigi51 02-09-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radjan (Post 6549830)
Hi guys,

Oh you're my friend in advance radjan !! lol, I hope you will see COria's matches!! i'll ask you some record if you can !!

thanks in advance, have a great time , costa is a wonderful place!!

vamos brasil lol

vamos guille !!:)

radjan 02-09-2008 01:03 PM

Thanks Gigi!

Well, I guess Coria matches will be played in the main court. If that`s the case, we`ll have Tv transmissions, and I can record and upload the matches to you as soon as possible.

Sauipe is really amazing, Must be the 5th year in a row that I go there, since I live in Salvador, which is about 100 miles (160 km) from there.

Hope to get your demands during the week!

Best regards! :wavey:

gigi51 02-09-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radjan (Post 6551103)
Thanks Gigi!

Well, I guess Coria matches will be played in the main court. If that`s the case, we`ll have Tv transmissions, and I can record and upload the matches to you as soon as possible.

Sauipe is really amazing, Must be the 5th year in a row that I go there, since I live in Salvador, which is about 100 miles (160 km) from there.

Hope to get your demands during the week!

Best regards! :wavey:

Thank you very much radjan !! you seem to be a nice guy !

I hope so i'm going to see Guille...but well if you can't thanks for your effort! :)

PS : If you want something about brazilians during Roland-Garros, you're welcome...:)

radjan 02-10-2008 06:42 AM

Re: Who's Going?

Hi there! It's me again!

I was at Costa do Sauipe yesterday, and althhough it`s almost 3:30 am here, I'd like to share some info with all of you.

First of all, unfortunately I only got there after the first match of each court had been already played, and had to leave early to my birthday party. So, from the 16 matches today, I onlygot to watch 2 full matches, and 2 sets from Ferreiro vs Ramirez Hidalgo. The rest of the time watched some players practising, some parts of matches and also checked out the facilities of the tournament.

The first match I saw was Daniel Silva x Diego Junqueira. It was very hot, and just standing under the sun was enough to make even a cactus sweat. There were time-outs asked from both players but boht seemed just as an excuse to gain some time to recover from hard games.

I was kinda disappointed with Danielzinho. He seemed like a possiibly perennial top 150 at least, but I think he lacks any kind of power on his shots. The only shot that is kinda dangerous is his counter attack with his backhand down the line. But for a runner like him, he lacks a good counter punch and often throw some balloons out there, which made Junqueira's life easier especially in the 2nd set. Daniel looked very tired and unmotivated after the first break in the 2nd set.

At the same tile, Julinho and Andujar were playing each other and I got to watch some points. Julinho made his tyypical play of running around and expecting for his opponent to make mistakes. Andujar was dominating the match during the 1st set despite the score, but got tired in the middle of the 2nd. Then, Julinho could have had an easier life, had he not be playing below average. I guess he will have a very difficult next round since he looked very tired after the match. I exchanged some words with him and apparently he still suffers some effects from his leg injury.

After that, I only got to watch Ferreiro x Ramirez Hidalgo. Ferreiro was killing RH in the first set, and his tactics were working pretty well (throw each ball at the backhand of RH and then attack in the forehand when it was wide open). Ferreiro really has a killer forehand! He got disinterested in the final of 1st set and almost blew it but found his concentration to close the set with nice shots.

The second set was very average. Ferreiro was alternating excellent winners with bizarre errors, like hitting a ball inside his own court even before it hits the net. RH was more regular in the TB and deserved the win.

Unfortunately I din`t get to watch the final set, but I`m happy Ferreiro recovered to win it.

PS: I recorded almost 100% of Junqueira x Silva and both the 1st and 2nd sets of Ferreiro x RRH. If anyone is interested, I`ll try to put it in an convenient archive to upload.

radjan 02-10-2008 06:53 AM

From the practices:

Marcos Daniel looked pretty solid hitting with an spanish-speaker endorsing a fila outfit and a babolat racquet ( i didn't recognize him) and may be able to do some damage in the main draw. Anyway, it was just an practice season, which proves nothing.

Guga looks very slow around there. He doesn't run to get to any ball that is 3 metres away from his body. Most of the time I saw him was spent serving and volleying.

Baran may turn into a very nice player, and I really hope it happens. But still it seemed like he was there just because he is mentored (and dressed) by Guga and Larri. I saw better 16-year-old braazilian players around that could earn his spot. I hope Baran proves me wrong and become a hell of a player, but I found him a little weak after all.

Andre Sa and Marcelo Melo were without any chemistry in their match practice. I hope they turn it around before their next match and break out from their slump.

Thank you all for followingg and helping around!

Best Regards,
Daniel

radjan 02-10-2008 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMJordan (Post 6550217)
Try to see Dani Koeller :worship:

Have a great time :)

I just watched like 3 points of his match. He has a scary look on his face, it made me kinda affraid.

Maybe get to know him better along the week if he gets going!
;)

Caio_Brasil 02-10-2008 03:13 PM

radjan :yeah: very nice reports :)

radjan 02-10-2008 04:52 PM

Thank you. I hope I`m able to do that for Tuesday, and if possible tomorrow (i still need to see if I can leave work a little bit early).

During the week I`ll try to update any inside information I'm able to get.

Best Regards!
Daniel

Caio_Brasil 02-10-2008 06:01 PM

Daniel, tell me more about Julinho's injury... did he tell you if the injury affects a lot?? :scared:

radjan 02-11-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaiBrasil (Post 6556367)
Daniel, tell me more about Julinho's injury... did he tell you if the injury affects a lot?? :scared:

Didnt't seem very severe... he was just stretching it a lot even during the match.

But he was able to pull the victory and last for more then 2 hours under an enormous heat, so I guess it's not that bad.

I'll be cheering hard for him. He is so simple and humble, and works so hard! He had an portion of ašai by my side and we talked a little bit. Just silly stuff really.

Tomorrow I won't go to Sauipe, but I'll try to record the matches on TV to upload later.

Godd night all! :wavey:

Raymz 02-11-2008 11:02 AM

very nice reports radjan :yeah:

hope heard more from you :)

Caio_Brasil 02-11-2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radjan (Post 6557879)
Didnt't seem very severe... he was just stretching it a lot even during the match.

But he was able to pull the victory and last for more then 2 hours under an enormous heat, so I guess it's not that bad.

I'll be cheering hard for him. He is so simple and humble, and works so hard! He had an portion of açai by my side and we talked a little bit. Just silly stuff really.

Tomorrow I won't go to Sauipe, but I'll try to record the matches on TV to upload later.

Godd night all! :wavey:

I like him a lot too, he is such a nice guys and fight a lot :worship: