MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   US Open (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=868)
-   -   Who is going? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=117222)

savesthedizzle 02-09-2008 03:24 AM

Who is going?

Anyone already planning on going this year?

I don't know if I'll be able to go as much as I went last year. I hope so :) The USO is my favorite time of year :dance:

vodka007 02-09-2008 03:55 PM

Re: Who is going?

Hell Yeah! I'm planning on going, it will be my first time to USA, but so looking forward to it.
Ive been looking at flights and they are a bit on the steep side at the mo, I will probably wait until nearer to the time. I think tickets usually go on sale around June.

savesthedizzle 02-12-2008 02:20 AM

I usually never buy my USO tickets very far in advance, all I usually get are grounds passes anyway, and even Ashe tickets are usually still available until OOPs come out and people rush to get tickets for good night matches. :lol:

If people have questions about anything, I've gone for a few years now and I'll try to help :)

JanineGermany 02-25-2008 05:43 PM

I will go this year...

enqvistfan 03-16-2008 10:47 AM

I admit that I'd like to go there, and with the US Dollar which is not high, it could be interesting for Europeans to go. I was there in 2004 and I spent a wonderful time there. But, would like to arrive for the qualies which are free and for maybe the first round.

PinkFeatherBoa 04-19-2008 06:18 PM

The dollar at the moment is making this a high possibility for me this year and I haven't been to NY in ages.

So you can probably count me in, if RG and Wimbly don't break me. :lol: Would be cool to almost do the full slam in a calendar year. :rocker2:

jeahhh! 04-23-2008 03:39 AM

:cool:

NinaNina19 04-24-2008 04:47 AM

I want to go but my family is planning a vacation to Croatia/Bosnia this year so I don't know if we'll have the money. It would be cool to meet some of you.

adee-gee 04-24-2008 08:38 AM

Me :p

savesthedizzle 04-24-2008 01:44 PM

I plan to go now probably Thursday of quallies, Mon-Thurs of the first week and the second Monday :)

The second Monday is my birthday so feel free to find me on the grounds and shower me with gifts ;) :lol:

n3gative 05-22-2008 04:35 AM

how much are tickets for this usually? I plan on attending eventually :)

savesthedizzle 05-29-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n3gative (Post 7079298)
how much are tickets for this usually? I plan on attending eventually :)

A grounds pass is either $45 or $50, I forget which. If you want Ashe, depending on if you want to see ants or actual people it'll be around $50 for the cheapest sets and then practically the sky is the limit as you move closer :tape:

kiwi10is 05-29-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanineGermany (Post 6630358)
I will go this year...

I will join you :wavey::wavey:

Claudio 06-02-2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troickitard (Post 7113651)
A grounds pass is either $45 or $50, I forget which. If you want Ashe, depending on if you want to see ants or actual people it'll be around $50 for the cheapest sets and then practically the sky is the limit as you move closer :tape:

Hi, guys!

I wonder if you could help me with the ticket issue... theyve started an early sell of tickets for American Express cardholders and Id like to go in the 1st 2 days. When I tried to select tickets, I could only get them in the upper part (upper and lower promenade - 334, 339 and so on) for $52 and $62. Its weird I didnt get any better option and I know players will actually become ants from that section...
I know it must be quite expensive, but... how can I get better tickets?

Id like to know what would you suggest me to do about it. I was thinking of buying tickets for 1st monday and, depending on OOP, try to buy night tkts onsite. Is it possible? I definitely want to go to a night session, monday or tuesday.

I really appreciate if anyone could help me on that because Ill have to have all my trip planned by tomorrow.

Thank you very much!

vodka007 06-03-2008 08:32 PM

Tickets?

Is it just me or are the tickets all sold out during the later part of the 1st week on www.ticketmaster.com?

Tickets havn't even gone on sale to the general public yet