MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Arnaud Clement Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=438)
-   -   aust open 2008 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=115413)

Via 01-11-2008 09:38 AM

aust open 2008

the draw came out this morning, and if i remember correctly (sign of an ultra lazy poster...) arnaud will play rainer schuettler in the first round. it's right near the bottom of the draw.

people are speculating that roger will request a tuesday start... meaning that rafa's (and thus arnaud's) half will start first on monday. so..... he'd better find a way to beat mr. schuettler, cos i won't be there in time on monday.

ps. where's everyone? new year holiday still? happy new year!:angel:

Kristen 01-11-2008 09:46 AM

Re: aust open 2008

Arnaud was training today [I came in here because I saw this thread was the most recently updated!] with Bruno and some french guy...actually I dunno who he was. He had the sunscreen all over the tattoos, working on the tan. He mustn't have been doing too great because by the end his racquet was thrown at the fence behind him! Didn't get any photos as I was besotted with Thomas Johansson and Magnus Norman. :lol::wavey:

higherlaw 01-11-2008 05:14 PM

Je suis la!

Yup, Schuettler. Their H2H is 1-3, Rainer.

If I don't expect him to win, I won't be disappointed :rolleyes:.

Marine 01-11-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by higherlaw (Post 6415451)

:lol:
It sounds so ...true. It's always been my way of thinking about arnaud unfortunatly LOL

Well, here's the famous FFT Site for the french players:

http://www.fft.fr/open-australie/2008/?id=3430

audio and pics coming soon...

Via 01-11-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristen (Post 6414113)
Arnaud was training today [I came in here because I saw this thread was the most recently updated!] with Bruno and some french guy...actually I dunno who he was. He had the sunscreen all over the tattoos, working on the tan. He mustn't have been doing too great because by the end his racquet was thrown at the fence behind him! Didn't get any photos as I was besotted with Thomas Johansson and Magnus Norman. :lol::wavey:

'baghdatis' on the aust open forum claims that he's got that racquet. i've made him an offer :lol:

gee his foul mood has extended from sydney to melbourne! lol

:wavey: catch up later if i run into you next week!

Quote:

Je suis la!

Yup, Schuettler. Their H2H is 1-3, Rainer.

schuettler hasn't done much lately, has he? guess they are well matched :tape:

baghdatis 01-12-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristen (Post 6414113)

Yes I saw Him :lol:

Sunscreen all over his tats and my dad was like WTF? :lol:

And guess who ended up taking the smashed racquet home ;)

ME!! :D

Via 01-12-2008 09:41 PM

clement v schuettler 1st up at show court 3 on monday. nice of the organisers to put them there, since neither is seeded, or australian :lol:

allez arnaud.... you better win this one! :mad:

Via 01-12-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baghdatis (Post 6418371)
Yes I saw Him :lol:

Sunscreen all over his tats and my dad was like WTF? :lol:

And guess who ended up taking the smashed racquet home ;)

ME!! :D

:mad:how dare you come here and brag about it???? we worship him on a pedestal here, including his broken racquets!

:p:p

baghdatis 01-12-2008 10:16 PM

:lol:

esther 01-13-2008 12:09 AM

via- just sent u an SMS but how long are u going to be in melbourne for? i'll be there for arnauds match in the morning... hopefull he can get thru so u can see him on weds!

Marine 01-13-2008 10:31 AM

Nice to see you back here Esther ! :wavey:

Kezzi 01-13-2008 12:43 PM

Show court 3, I'm hoping the Dutch channel will show something of that match :) They always show the smaller courts if I don't want to see them, so hopefully they'll also show it with a match I do want to see :p

Alle Arnaud! :bounce:

kiwi10is 01-13-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 6420339)
clement v schuettler 1st up at show court 3 on monday. nice of the organisers to put them there, since neither is seeded, or australian :lol:

well they are both former finalists... maybe they didn`t forget about it. Although I am German I will cheer for Arnaud! I just love that guy

Hangdog 01-13-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

:worship:
And when was the last time Arnaud was doing well in Australia, in 2001? :o
Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 6420339)

allez arnaud.... you better win this one! :mad:

Yes, it's indeed quite surprising to see this encounter placed at show court 3! Could be a good chance to get a coverage, but since it's one of the opening matches I guess they will rather start it from the main courts.
Good luck to Arnaud and I suppose he'll be around even in case of a loss because it's unlikely he'll skip doubles there.

Great time at the Open to everyone who is going :wavey:

Via 01-13-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi10is (Post 6422583)
well they are both former finalists... maybe they didn`t forget about it. Although I am German I will cheer for Arnaud! I just love that guy

:yeah:

aussies must have longer memories than most others lol

anyway i'm following live scores (stupid fool that i am, could be sitting there with esther right now :( )

looks like rainer has broken 5-3 :(