MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   David Nalbandian Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=114723)

sigmagirl91 01-01-2008 01:17 PM

The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here
 
As promised (and requested), this is our all-new chat thread. Since most of us don't really know each other, this is the place to do it.

As everyone probably already knows, I'm Tiffany (Tiff for short), a schoolteacher who loves to read, write, travel, take pictures, surf the net, go to the movies, listen to music, and visit with family and friends. I've been on MTF going on four years (two weeks will mark the actual fourth anniversary of my membership).

myrt 01-01-2008 01:57 PM

Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here
 
Hi Tiff...I'm Molly a nurse, sounds like we have lots in common and one you left as a given...tennis. Were you on the old 'unofficial" site that closed down about a year or so ago? Miss that place and can't wait for the new one to open. Thanks for opening this thread and let' s hear from more of our dear Nalbyfans.

justClaudia 01-01-2008 02:21 PM

Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here
 
I'm loving the thread name Tiff, hahaha.

So ..here we go. I am Claudia, 26, Portuguese.
Joined this place four years ago (wow, time really flies) after meeeting some other members at a Yahoo message board that is now closed. From that time only Tiffany and I stayed, wich is kinda funny to think of because we were actually a large number, oh the irony. Anyway ..

I am a Tour Guide, who obviously loves to travel. Music and Movies are my favorite guilty pleasure. I swim every single day (quite obsessive, I know), and love black & white pictures. I also talk a lot :lol:

and am planning to get married soon ...by the end of Summer, I think. I'll let you know, you are all invited of course. :lol:

sigmagirl91 01-01-2008 06:21 PM

Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by myrt (Post 6375809)
Hi Tiff...I'm Molly a nurse, sounds like we have lots in common and one you left as a given...tennis. Were you on the old 'unofficial" site that closed down about a year or so ago? Miss that place and can't wait for the new one to open. Thanks for opening this thread and let' s hear from more of our dear Nalbyfans.

Yes, and I'm still there. The unofficial site reopened this past summer.

Viken01 01-01-2008 06:55 PM

Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here
 
ok my turn, my name is Viken I'm 20, Armenian living in France.

I'm studying in networks and telecommunication and I'm trying to enter the best engineering school of France.

I first joined the forum a long time ago (maybe 2004, I don't remember) of the unofficial david's website and then I joined MTF :D I'm really enjoying this place, david's fans are all nice and it's always a pleasure to come here.

myrt 01-01-2008 10:30 PM

Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 (Post 6376765)
Yes, and I'm still there. The unofficial site reopened this past summer.

Can you give a link to it please?

sigmagirl91 01-02-2008 12:24 AM

Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by myrt (Post 6377433)
Can you give a link to it please?

www.davidnalbandian.net. Just click on forum and "enter forum" when you get there.

Joyce_23 01-02-2008 03:47 PM

Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here
 
Ok, my turn. My name is Joyce but I think everyone guessed that. I'm 24, I live in the Netherlands where I study history. I'm almost done, I'm finishing my thesis now. I'm writing my thesis about the progression of special education the Netherlands so right now education is also something I'm very interested in. Next to that I work in a daycare centre for severe mentally handicapped people. I've been doing that for six years now.
I love to write, swim (not like Claudia though :lol:) see movies, go out, hang out. It doesn't really matter as long as I'm surrounded by people that I care about. And I was once a member of the old David site too....and then it got shut down about a month later. I didn't know it was up and running again, gotta check it out soon then!

sigmagirl91 01-02-2008 04:33 PM

Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyce_23 (Post 6380262)
Ok, my turn. My name is Joyce but I think everyone guessed that. I'm 24, I live in the Netherlands where I study history. I'm almost done, I'm finishing my thesis now. I'm writing my thesis about the progression of special education the Netherlands so right now education is also something I'm very interested in. Next to that I work in a daycare centre for severe mentally handicapped people. I've been doing that for six years now.
I love to write, swim (not like Claudia though :lol:) see movies, go out, hang out. It doesn't really matter as long as I'm surrounded by people that I care about. And I was once a member of the old David site too....and then it got shut down about a month later. I didn't know it was up and running again, gotta check it out soon then!


Hey, Joyce:
Although I have teacher certification in English/Language Arts, I enjoy history as well. I kind of wished that I pursued a dual certification with history included, but my school did not offer that option. Oh well....

justClaudia 01-02-2008 04:39 PM

Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyce_23 (Post 6380262)
Ok, my turn. My name is Joyce but I think everyone guessed that. I'm 24, I live in the Netherlands where I study history. I'm almost done, I'm finishing my thesis now. I'm writing my thesis about the progression of special education the Netherlands so right now education is also something I'm very interested in. Next to that I work in a daycare centre for severe mentally handicapped people. I've been doing that for six years now.
I love to write, swim (not like Claudia though :lol:) see movies, go out, hang out. It doesn't really matter as long as I'm surrounded by people that I care about. And I was once a member of the old David site too....and then it got shut down about a month later. I didn't know it was up and running again, gotta check it out soon then!

good luck with the thesis, Joyce. :)

justClaudia 01-02-2008 06:24 PM

Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here
 
now bring on the new season, our forum is all set! :rolls:

:rocker2:

Joyce_23 01-02-2008 06:36 PM

Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 (Post 6380384)
Hey, Joyce:
Although I have teacher certification in English/Language Arts, I enjoy history as well. I kind of wished that I pursued a dual certification with history included, but my school did not offer that option. Oh well....

That's funny. I was torn between history and English when I went to college. I still say to anyone that if I hadn't studied history I would have wanted to teach English at any school that would have taken me. Good thing I didn't do it though, it's low salary (not that I'm gonna make big bucks now) and most Dutch people get English and pick it up easily but it sounds terrible. :lol: I would have gone crazy trying to get them to speak English that actually sounds like English.

And yes, Claudia....This forum is ready to rock! Now let's just hope David is too.

sigmagirl91 01-02-2008 06:42 PM

Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyce_23 (Post 6380680)
I would have gone crazy trying to get them to speak English that actually sounds like English.

Try teaching English to anyone here, and you'll get the same result.:o

justClaudia 01-02-2008 08:39 PM

Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyce_23 (Post 6380680)
And yes, Claudia....This forum is ready to rock! Now let's just hope David is too.

ahem ..never in doubt. :p

Joyce_23 01-02-2008 09:57 PM

Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 (Post 6380691)
Try teaching English to anyone here, and you'll get the same result.:o

That could be true. :lol: So you teach teenagers I guess. I guess you don't have any problems with that. From what I've read on this board you can hold your own but do they ever give you a hard time?


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.