MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Arnaud Clement Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=438)
-   -   hopman cup 2008 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=114703)

Via 01-01-2008 07:58 AM

hopman cup 2008

yes, i suppose it's finally time to start a thread for it.

i've got good news and bad news!

... bad news is, the doubles highlight that i mentioned on the other thread, had been wiped out by my own stupidity.... it is now overwritten by another recording :sad: but that is not the end of the world, since nouf has offered you his match videos, right? ;)

... the good news is, arnaud was interviewed today on tv by a presenter, and i saw it. among the few things that he talked about,
  1. he's tired and jet-lagged (giving excuse for not playing well in the first singles match?)
  2. he's reminded about turning the big 3-0 (no one is letting him forget it) but he insists he likes playing and being out on court, and he hopes he's still playing at 35
  3. he likes the new surface just as much as other hard courts

there's also some footage of last night's nye ball... a number of players were asked what 3 things they'd bring with them to a desert island (or something along those lines...) guess what arnaud wanted to bring... a wife :eek::haha::haha: is he getting desperate? hmmmm

ps. he looked very formal for the ball with a big black bow tie (not sure if he had a tuxedo on but that's possible) all he's lacking was a ring to propose to some lucky lady :haha:

Hangdog 01-01-2008 09:12 AM

Re: hopman cup 2008

Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 6374842)

... bad news is, the doubles highlight that i mentioned on the other thread, had been wiped out by my own stupidity.... it is now overwritten by another recording :sad: but that is not the end of the world, since nouf has offered you his match videos, right? ;)

Wow, seems you weren't wasting your time during New Year's night :worship: Is your TV always on to catch Arnaud or you're having such a good luck? lol :yeah:
A pity Arnaud's post-doubles interview disappeared! It's not so often he is getting interviewed in English. But match videos is a perfect consolation indeed :)
Quote:

he's reminded about turning the big 3-0 (no one is letting him forget it) but he insists he likes playing and being out on court, and he hopes he's still playing at 35

It reminds me of that Santoro video after Bercy, "55 and still playing" lol
Quote:

there's also some footage of last night's nye ball... a number of players were asked what 3 things they'd bring with them to a desert island (or something along those lines...) guess what arnaud wanted to bring... a wife :eek::haha::haha: is he getting desperate? hmmmm

Euh??.. :eek: I'm afraid to ask what were the other things…
Quote:

ps. he looked very formal for the ball with a big black bow tie (not sure if he had a tuxedo on but that's possible) all he's lacking was a ring to propose to some lucky lady :haha:

There is a picture on General: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...47&postcount=1 Black buttons hmm.. Well, comparing to others it was not too bad.

Via 01-01-2008 10:24 AM

emily (emilita) is doing a report and photo gallery on hopman cup, and she has a few photos from the france v argentina doubles http://atptenniszone.myphotoalbum.co...album03&page=2

website: http://www.geocities.com/atp_chica/T..._ATP_Zone.html

bruno alert: i didn't remember that bruno is still having his head shaved. i hope arnaud isn't getting similar ideas (again) once the mercury soars.....

Via 01-01-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hangdog (Post 6374899)
Wow, seems you weren't wasting your time during New Year's night :worship: Is your TV always on to catch Arnaud or you're having such a good luck? lol :yeah:

a long story... basically i've had it worked out that the special interviews and previous evening highlights are only shown during 'intermissions', so i set the recording for an hour or two using my best guess, and went out.... but yeah, i'm still watching more tv than usual this week lol

Quote:

A pity Arnaud's post-doubles interview disappeared! It's not so often he is getting interviewed in English. But match videos is a perfect consolation indeed :)

well now, today's interview was even better, and also in english!

Quote:

fabrice is a joker.... arnaud isn't joking cos it sounds more realistic!

Quote:

there weren't other things for arnaud... he tried to think but came up with nothing else, so he said, that's it. (so all he could think of was getting a wife :o )

Quote:

There is a picture on General: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...47&postcount=1 Black buttons hmm.. Well, comparing to others it was not too bad.

thanks :worship: didn't know they were there. now i can see they all wore the same uniform. wait a minute, those were probably from last year too........ lol

higherlaw 01-01-2008 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for everybody's hard work with pictures and updates! :worship:

Arnaud is wearing a tux and he's much more classic (that could be construed as veteran I suppose) than Novak...Jelena looks good, but Tatiana's stockings??

So, he's looking for a wife? Anyone out there available??:lol:

Looking forward to the match which will be shown live!

Thank you jirbkk for the pic below.

Hangdog 01-01-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 6375091)
a long story... basically i've had it worked out that the special interviews and previous evening highlights are only shown during 'intermissions', so i set the recording for an hour or two using my best guess, and went out.... but yeah, i'm still watching more tv than usual this week lol

Great job! :)

Quote:

fabrice is a joker.... arnaud isn't joking cos it sounds more realistic!

That's good then that he was serious, so now there is a kind of an official reply to all the talks about his soon retirement :p

Quote:

there weren't other things for arnaud... he tried to think but came up with nothing else, so he said, that's it. (so all he could think of was getting a wife :o )

Oh poor thing... Via, please, take care about him next week(s)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by higherlaw (Post 6376403)
Arnaud is wearing a tux and he's much more classic (that could be construed as veteran I suppose) than Novak...Jelena looks good, but Tatiana's stockings??

I wish there was a picture of Arnaud and Tatiana together :lol:

higherlaw 01-02-2008 01:35 AM

Ok, who's that I just saw on TV holding up the "MARRY ME ARNAUD" sign???:haha:

VolandriFan 01-02-2008 02:04 AM

Arnaud looks really yummy today. :lick: That lady was just a spectator, no one special (I think! :scared:) ;)

He's playing ok, but not close to his best.

higherlaw 01-02-2008 02:48 AM

But is she an MTF member?

VolandriFan 01-02-2008 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by higherlaw (Post 6378108)
But is she an MTF member?

I don't think so, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's not.

Via 01-02-2008 04:11 AM

it wasn't me, or emily, i can tell you this much!

arnaud has no lack of choices lol the poor fellow just has to make up his mind.

higherlaw 01-02-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 6378215)
it wasn't me, or emily, i can tell you this much!

arnaud has no lack of choices lol the poor fellow just has to make up his mind.

lol. She put a lot of effort into making that sign!

:mad:Silly me! What did I do? Stay up until 1:30am to watch that awful doubles match :mad: They should have won, especially with Jelena injured. It seemed to me that Arnaud and Tatiana didn't take it too seriously. The commentators kept remarking that Arnaud wasn't being "mean enough" to Jelena. He was giving her easy serves and hitting to Novak instead of her. Meanwhile, Novak was sending Tatiana hard serves. It didn't help that Arnaud made a lot of unforced errros, either. Possibily they thought they would easily win or that Jelena would eventually retire?:rolleyes:

The only good about staying up was that I was rewarded with an English interview!! I honestly always thought Arnaud had only passable English, but I was quite surprised that he is actually quite fluent.:cool:

:zzz:

Kezzi 01-02-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

... the good news is, arnaud was interviewed today on tv by a presenter, and i saw it. among the few things that he talked about,
  1. he's tired and jet-lagged (giving excuse for not playing well in the first singles match?)
  2. he's reminded about turning the big 3-0 (no one is letting him forget it) but he insists he likes playing and being out on court, and he hopes he's still playing at 35
  3. he likes the new surface just as much as other hard courts

I'm happy he still wants to be playing at 35 :bounce:

And for the wife thing, shall I wrap him in a ribbon to give my sister as a present? I'm sure she'll have no problem with that at all :lol:

Kezzi 01-02-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the pics :) It's weird seeing Djokovic with glasses, I'm still not used to it, makes him look older. And Arnaud's face at that picture :lol:

Cruising through the rest of the thread, I come across this: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...9&postcount=15 :eek:

Kezzi 01-02-2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 6375069)
emily (emilita) is doing a report and photo gallery on hopman cup, and she has a few photos from the france v argentina doubles http://atptenniszone.myphotoalbum.co...album03&page=2

website: http://www.geocities.com/atp_chica/T..._ATP_Zone.html

bruno alert: i didn't remember that bruno is still having his head shaved. i hope arnaud isn't getting similar ideas (again) once the mercury soars.....

And I was hoping that after almost a year of not seeing them irl his beautiful hair would've grown back :sad: Is it a good hint to get him to sign a picture of him with a ponytail? :p Or just ask him when he lets his hair grow back (if I have the guts)? ;)

What do you mean with 'once the mercury soars' ?