MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Premium users and its (dis)advantages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=114655)

FilipeMB 12-31-2007 01:22 PM

Premium users and its (dis)advantages

Please admins,
I come here in ordr to represent all the premium users of MTF. I have paid 25 dollars for something. I'd like a ad-free environment and the option to change my nick. In my personal case, actually the first one. I'm using my father's notebook while in vacation and I can't use any navigator but IE so I can't use any add-on in order to make ads disappear.
Please consider what I'm saying and take ads out for premium users. I believe most (if not all) of them have paid 10/25 dollars not for a picture showing they're premium users.

:wavey:

Tytta!. 12-31-2007 03:46 PM

Re: Premium users and its (dis)advantages

Totally agreed, Felipe.

I paid $25 for this and it was a waste of money, really. If you want to get more premium members you better give us more advantages than disadvantages. And one of the first things to do is get rid of all these ads that now are posts and can't be blocked with Firefox and other browsers. :wavey:

What a joke. :help:

Sean.J.S. 12-31-2007 03:59 PM

I'm glad I never got a premium membership. :o

FilipeMB 12-31-2007 04:09 PM

Oh come on, there is now google ads in the posts, then google ads in the right side of the posts then the two verticalscope/sports ads when occasionally I click mistakely.

Jelena 12-31-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean.J.S. (Post 6373245)
I'm glad I never got a premium membership. :o

I wholeheartedly agree.

Tytta!. 12-31-2007 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FilipeMB (Post 6373283)
Oh come on, there is now google ads in the posts, then google ads in the right side of the posts then the two verticalscope/sports ads when occasionally I click mistakely.

WTF? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

GlennMirnyi 12-31-2007 04:14 PM

True, and I want the freaking option to change my username back... asap! :o

Jelena 12-31-2007 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hughes (Post 6373302)
True, and I want the freaking option to change my username back... asap! :o

I assume you won't pay again the time your membership expires. ;)

FilipeMB 12-31-2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tytta!. (Post 6373301)
WTF? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

:lol: I was trying to return to forum index

Deboogle!. 12-31-2007 04:57 PM

Completely agree. And doing all of this without making announcements about it makes it all the more annoying.

Neely 12-31-2007 05:53 PM

I hope it's only temporary that premium members can't change their username anymore :tape: Unbelievable that this is gone now :eek:

And an ad-free experience for premium members would be of the highest priority for me. I hope they can realize that soon because people who already financially supported the forum shouldn't view these ads (or only very very few ones) at all. As for the free users and guests, they would have to endure the ads. This would be the fairest solution IMO.

FilipeMB 12-31-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neely (Post 6373574)
I hope it's only temporary that premium members can't change their username anymore :tape: Unbelievable that this is gone now :eek:

And an ad-free experience for premium members would be of the highest priority for me. I hope they can realize that soon because people who already financially supported the forum shouldn't view these ads (or only very very few ones) at all. As for the free users and guests, they would have to endure the ads. This would be the fairest solution IMO.

And the worst is that we don't get nothing back from Steve about this two situations.

*Ljubica* 12-31-2007 06:21 PM

Totally support you in this Filipe - thanks for starting this thread.

snaillyyy 12-31-2007 06:34 PM

Completely agree with what has been said. I didn't pay the membership to have more ads than ever!

tangerine_dream 12-31-2007 07:47 PM

I guess I'll consider my premium membership a small donation to MTF for the four years I have enjoyed this place ad- and trouble-free before it became ruined with their "upgrades" that now gives us annoying ads, kontera/intellitext, "premium" membership that isn't so premium, endless error messages, inaccessable photo galleries, duplicate or missing posts, slow-as-molasses server, and general everyday frustration when trying to have a simple conversation which is next to impossible now, as Interlaken put so aptly a while ago: