MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ace Tennis Circuit (ATC) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=114459)

WawrinkaFan110 12-28-2007 12:32 AM

Ace Tennis Circuit (ATC)

Please credit the maker from WTAWorld with this game idea. I felt it was good enough to bring here:

A.T.C.

The Rules!

1. Choose any player you like, active or retired, as long as they've been ranked inside the top 100.

2. State your surface preference, 1-5, Plexicushion, clay, grass, hard and indoor.

The Format!

Depending on your surface, you'll be given a certain number of 'aces', for example...

Surface #1 - 4 aces
Surface #2 - 3 aces
Surface #3 - 2 aces
Surface #4 - 1 ace
Surface #5 - 0 aces

You will then put the aces you have and the numbers 1-13 into 13 games, for three sets, for example...

If you have 4 aces, you will place those aces and the numbers 1-9 into 13 games, if you have 1 ace, you'll put that ace and numbers 1-12 into 13 games, and on your worst surface, you'll put the numbers 1-13 into 13 games.

A set may look like this...

Player 1 - A-A-A-A-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9
Player 2 - 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-A-A-A-A

Aces beat everything, so in that scenario player 2 would win the set 6-4, in the event of a tie, a coin toss will decide who wins the game.

It's that simple!

The Rest!

Tournaments will take place over 4 days, with the 1st round on Tuesday, the second round on Wednesday, the quarter-finals on Thursday and the semis AND the final on Friday, with the draw for each tournament made on Monday.

Ranking points will be given for articles, 2 points for every article you post, and 5 additional points for the person who posts the most articles during each tournament.

Each week there will be a player of the week award, this will be given to a player who I feel has performed well in the previous tournament, the player of the week will be given an extra ace to use in their upcoming tournament.

Players will be retired if they go 4 tournaments without sending new points, and new points are mandatory for every player when there is a change of surface.

The tournaments will be very well run, with live scores, pics, the whole lot, so please join, and I hope you enjoy the game!

Rik. 12-28-2007 10:16 AM

Re: Ace Tennis Circuit (ATC)

I will play ;)

Fedexex 12-28-2007 10:20 AM

i'll also play

MZverev-Fan 12-28-2007 11:15 AM

me,too:)
I'll send you my surfaces in a private message!When will the first tournament be started?

WawrinkaFan110 12-28-2007 12:36 PM

The first tournament will be during the week of the Medibank International.

WawrinkaFan110 12-29-2007 03:31 PM

We have, as of now, two players: Mischa Zverev and Roger Federer.

Rik. 12-29-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dementievavenus (Post 6366623)
We have, as of now, two players: Mischa Zverev and Roger Federer.

send some members some PM's, I'm sure some will come to join. ;)

WawrinkaFan110 12-29-2007 06:13 PM

Well, I don't mind starting a game of four, and letting people see for themselves. Problem is, I barely know anyone here, compared to WTAWorld where I knew a LOT of people.

mehor 02-28-2009 03:33 AM

I like to join also.