MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Richard Gasquet Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=424)
-   -   ___The Season 2008 Down Under___ (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=113809)

my0118 12-02-2007 02:04 AM

___The Season 2008 Down Under___
 
Richard's schedule in Land Down Under.

Adelaide(31th Dec - 6th Jan)
withdrew due to knee injury

Sydeny (7th Jan - 13th Jan)

Melbourne (14th Jan - 27th Jan)

williaer 12-02-2007 03:54 AM

Re: ___We're so BORED! Can't wait for the season 2008 down under___
 
Good idea but now the Australian Open and all its lead up tournaments have changed to a Plexicushion surface. I was at Melbourne Park today and yesterday and had a look.. not all the courts have been finished yet but let me tell you... it's damn bright!!

Allure 12-02-2007 04:11 AM

Re: ___We're so BORED! Can't wait for the season 2008 down under___
 
Great thread Mia. :yeah: Good luck to Richard in Adelaide. :D

my0118 12-02-2007 04:39 AM

Re: ___We're so BORED! Can't wait for the season 2008 down under___
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by williaer (Post 6315385)
Good idea but now the Australian Open and all its lead up tournaments have changed to a Plexicushion surface. I was at Melbourne Park today and yesterday and had a look.. not all the courts have been finished yet but let me tell you... it's damn bright!!

Oh I wish I could see them. :rolls:
btw I'll change it. Thanks for the information. ;)

williaer 12-02-2007 08:07 AM

Re: ___We're so BORED! Can't wait for the season 2008 down under___
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by my0118 (Post 6315427)
Oh I wish I could see them. :rolls:
btw I'll change it. Thanks for the information. ;)

No worries!! There are a whole bunch of pictures around showing the new surface. Here's one:

which is pretty dodgy... but if you search for "australian open tennis court" on the Getty Image website, it'll show you better pics. However none do justice to how bright that blue is :p

lisaplenske 12-02-2007 10:36 AM

Re: ___We're so BORED! Can't wait for the season 2008 down under___
 
bright courts...

wondering which colourrichard will choose to wear

please not blue:unsure:

I think a flashy colour would be great,for a change but hum, dont think richard is ready to try this lol.
I prefer him to work on his game for sure but I hope he wont wear blue shirt on blue court,wouldnt suit...

richard where are you??!!just follow the yellow ball:lol:

Getta 12-02-2007 11:00 PM

Re: ___We're so BORED! Can't wait for the season 2008 down under___
 
I would be very happy if Richie could win Adelaide and reach the quarters in Sydney.

I don't want him to enter the Australian Open dead tired. :(

Schu 12-03-2007 04:51 AM

Re: ___We're so BORED! Can't wait for the season 2008 down under___
 
I'm surprised Richie is playing both warm up tournaments. In years past I guess he didn't expect to go very deep into the draw but now it is possible he could be playing on the last day of one or both and then he would be pretty worn out for the AO. Guess that would be a nice problem to deal with.

O.K. I was SOOO bored that I was actually looking at the ATP website and found something called RICHO match facts. It has statistics on serves and return of serve and found some stats on Richie: #6 in points won returning 1st serve, #8 in break points converted AND 2nd serve points won, #11 in return games won and #20 in number of aces. I knew his first serve improved this year but at least in his last few matches he really struggled when he didn't get a 1st serve in and he ended up #8 in second serve points won :shrug:. I also didn't realize he returned 1st serves so well. How much do I miss tennis ... when I start checking out stats it is definitely time to get a life.

my0118 12-28-2007 12:16 AM

Re: ___the season 2008 down under is COMING___
 
The season is coming :dance:, Richie won't play in Adelade though.

Allure 12-28-2007 12:29 AM

Re: ___the season 2008 down under is COMING___
 
Mia I PMed you back. :wavey:

Allure 01-05-2008 03:18 AM

Re: ___The Season 2008 Down Under___
 
Shitty draw for Richard. :o :help:

(1) GASQUET, Richard FRA v ANDREEV, Igor RUS
TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS v WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI
GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA v (WC)LUCZAK, Peter AUS
LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP v (8) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP

(3) BLAKE, James USA v SANTORO, Fabrice FRA
QUALIFIER v (SE) SIRIANNI, Joseph AUS
QUALIFIER v QUALIFIER
DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG v (7) MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA

(6) HEWITT, Lleyton AUS v MAHUT, Nicolas FRA
(WC) GUCCIONE, Chris AUS v QUALIFIER
SIMON, Gilles FRA v FISH, Mardy USA
VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA v (4) BERDYCH, Tomas CZE

(5) MOYA, Carlos ESP v KOUBEK, Stefan AUT
CALLERI, Agustin ARG v (WC) JONES, Greg AUS
SEPPI, Andreas ITA v TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried FRA
STEPANEK, Radek CZE v (2) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP
smucav is offline View My Blog! Add to smucav's Reputation Report Post Reply With Quote

Schu 01-05-2008 03:29 AM

Re: ___The Season 2008 Down Under___
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Allure (Post 6390126)
Shitty draw for Richard. :o :help:

(1) GASQUET, Richard FRA v ANDREEV, Igor RUS
TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS v WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI
GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA v (WC)LUCZAK, Peter AUS
LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP v (8) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP

(3) BLAKE, James USA v SANTORO, Fabrice FRA
QUALIFIER v (SE) SIRIANNI, Joseph AUS
QUALIFIER v QUALIFIER
DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG v (7) MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA

(6) HEWITT, Lleyton AUS v MAHUT, Nicolas FRA
(WC) GUCCIONE, Chris AUS v QUALIFIER
SIMON, Gilles FRA v FISH, Mardy USA
VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA v (4) BERDYCH, Tomas CZE

(5) MOYA, Carlos ESP v KOUBEK, Stefan AUT
CALLERI, Agustin ARG v (WC) JONES, Greg AUS
SEPPI, Andreas ITA v TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried FRA
STEPANEK, Radek CZE v (2) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP
smucav is offline View My Blog! Add to smucav's Reputation Report Post Reply With Quote

DAMN! Richie better come out firing but I'm not too optimistic. He usually needs a few rounds to build his confidence - no such luck here.

Would have been better to be a qualifer or the #3 seed.

Allure 01-05-2008 03:48 AM

Re: ___The Season 2008 Down Under___
 
Bet against Richard and earn lots of vcash. :yeah: ;)

my0118 01-05-2008 03:53 AM

Re: ___The Season 2008 Down Under___
 
Oh.. that's really tough and there's no luck apparently, but I think no matter what he's got, he better face it.
Allez Richard. :bounce:

Allure 01-05-2008 03:58 AM

Re: ___The Season 2008 Down Under___
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by my0118 (Post 6390194)
Oh.. that's really tough and there's no luck apparently, but I think no matter what he's got, he better face it.
Allez Richard. :bounce:

That's pretty much what I said. He's in the top ten now and sooner or later he will have to face tough opponents, not always expecting an easy draw. Deal with it or go home. :shrug:


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.