MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Arnaud Clement Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=438)
-   -   shanghai nono (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=112896)

Via 11-06-2007 08:04 PM

shanghai nono
 
roger and nole have already arrived in shanghai and the rest of the gang should be there pretty soon! i've heard the groups will be drawn on wednesday ie. today for me.

meanwhile the bryans have pulled out due to injury... arnaud and mika's qualification is now solid as ever lol (as long as mika's previous injuries are holding up, i suppose)

i should look forward to all the PR and dressing up for photo shoots and such, and hope that the frenchies won't look too stupid in their half western half 'oriental' suits :o

Marine 11-06-2007 10:41 PM

Re: shanghai nono
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 6233304)
and hope that the frenchies won't look too stupid in their half western half 'oriental' suits :o

hein ? :confused:

Hangdog 11-07-2007 07:06 PM

Re: shanghai nono
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 6233304)
meanwhile the bryans have pulled out due to injury...

They must take care preparing to the DC final with Russia :devil:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine (Post 6233707)
hein ? :confused:

I guess is was about traditional photo sessions when players are offered to put on some national clothes, of China in this particular case.

And the draw is...

RED GROUP
Knowles/Nestor
Aspelin/Knowle
Dlouhy/Vizner
Clement/Llodra

GOLD GROUP
Hanley/Ullyett
Damm/Paes
Bjorkman/Mirnyi
Erlich/Ram

Personally, I like it.

Kezzi 11-07-2007 07:15 PM

Re: shanghai nono
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hangdog (Post 6236335)
They must take care preparing to the DC final with Russia :devil:

I guess is was about traditional photo sessions when players are offered to put on some national clothes, of China in this particular case.

And the draw is...

RED GROUP
Knowles/Nestor
Aspelin/Knowle
Dlouhy/Vizner
Clement/Llodra

GOLD GROUP
Hanley/Ullyett
Damm/Paes
Bjorkman/Mirnyi
Erlich/Ram

Personally, I like it.

I like it too, all groups are tough I guess :p
Good luck to our Frenchies! :bounce:

Via 11-07-2007 08:28 PM

Re: shanghai nono
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine (Post 6233707)
hein ? :confused:

what is 'hein' :confused:

mirkaland posted this video link at funny fotos..
http://www.masters-cup.com.cn/news/2.../1513362.shtml

what they'll be wearing at the shanghai opening ceremony. guess the doubles guys will get a similar treatment... :unsure:

Hangdog 11-08-2007 07:57 PM

Re: shanghai nono
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 6236602)
mirkaland posted this video link at funny fotos..
http://www.masters-cup.com.cn/news/2.../1513362.shtml

what they'll be wearing at the shanghai opening ceremony. guess the doubles guys will get a similar treatment... :unsure:

Your link is in Chinese
And I'm not sure I'd like to see Arnaud getting a similar treatment :unsure:

Kezzi 11-08-2007 08:51 PM

Re: shanghai nono
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hangdog (Post 6240042)
Your link is in Chinese
And I'm not sure I'd like to see Arnaud getting a similar treatment :unsure:

I guess I rather see arnaud keeping his lacoste shirts and jeans, like in the Karlovic video :)

Truc 11-11-2007 10:12 AM

Re: shanghai nono
 
Arnaud in L’Équipe today:
« Déjà, je ne trouve pas très normal que les équipes de double soient associées à la même cérémonie que les joueurs de simple. Cela n’a quand même pas la même valeur… Et pour tout dire, ce n’est pas un rêve pour moi d’être là. Ça me gonflerait presque. Même si l’on gagne, ça n’aurait pas un dixième de la valeur de notre titre à Wimbledon. »

(It means something like: I don’t find very normal that the doubles teams take part to the same ceremony as the singles players. It’s not the same achievement… And to be honest, it’s not a dream for me to be here. It almost annoys me. Even if we win here, it won’t be worth 1/10 of our Wimbledon title.)

Truc 11-11-2007 05:03 PM

Re: shanghai nono
 
His audio interview is a little bit more enthusiastic:
http://www.fft.fr/filinfos/default.asp?ID=3353
Arnaud praises the organization and they have fun with Bruno, Richard and Eric.
Then he comments in great detail on the suits for the ceremony. ^^ His was too long - the problem is not him being too short, but the suit being too big, he says. He prefers tight-fitting clothes ("qui moule les formes").
Mika says it's a great occasion and it's nice to be spoiled like that at the end of the year, with their own car with their names on it, their personal driver, the massages, etc.

And he confirms they will stop playing together after the Masters Cup.

Marine 11-11-2007 05:24 PM

Re: shanghai nono
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Truc (Post 6248365)
Arnaud in L’Équipe today:
« Déjà, je ne trouve pas très normal que les équipes de double soient associées à la même cérémonie que les joueurs de simple. Cela n’a quand même pas la même valeur… Et pour tout dire, ce n’est pas un rêve pour moi d’être là. Ça me gonflerait presque. Même si l’on gagne, ça n’aurait pas un dixième de la valeur de notre titre à Wimbledon. »

(It means something like: I don’t find very normal that the doubles teams take part to the same ceremony as the singles players. It’s not the same achievement… And to be honest, it’s not a dream for me to be here. It almost annoys me. Even if we win here, it won’t be worth 1/10 of our Wimbledon title.)


I appreciate his honesty ! I think the same.
I mean, the masters has just a financial value that's all ! Nobody cares who won the masters, only the grand slams are prestigious in the palmares.
But arnaud is the first player to admit it. Usually, players make all their possible to play this tournament, only because the prize money is huge ! :rolleyes:

Truc 11-11-2007 05:29 PM

Re: shanghai nono
 
I agree, it's a bit provocative, of course, but I like the honesty too.
Good for them and they should enjoy it (the audio interview sounds like they do), but he's right about both issues (the doubles and the importance of that title for them compared to a Grand Slam).

Marine 11-11-2007 05:38 PM

Re: shanghai nono
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Truc (Post 6249565)
His audio interview is a little bit more enthusiastic:
http://www.fft.fr/filinfos/default.asp?ID=3353

:lol: I love this interview :p


Arnaud seems quite excited, he speaks so quickly than he forgets what he wants to say... lol
"On m"avait dit "les chinois sont bien organisés", eh ben oui les chinois sont bien organisés" lol
The suit and tie explanation is just hilarious :lol:
He doesn't like the suit at all (me neither), especially the cut, too long, too large "moi ma veste elle est trop lo,gue pour moi, et c'est pas parce que je suis trop petit c'est que la coupe est trop longue !" "par contre le col mao j'aime bien, par contre, pantalon mal coupé, veste mal coupée, moi j'aime bien quand c'est un peu plus ceintré, plus près du corps, ça moule les formes " :lol:

Truc, did you understand what micka says at the end, about their habits from wimbledon... "vous inquiétez pas pour nous, on est toujours...alcoolique" ???
Je me rappelle que pendant wimbledon après chaque match gagné ils ouvraient une bonne bouteille... ça pourrait donc être ça, non ? lol

Anyway they seem to have fun in shangai with bruno, richard and eric.

Truc 11-11-2007 05:52 PM

Re: shanghai nono
 
Yes, that's what he says, he means they're still addicted to alcohol.

Marine 11-11-2007 06:01 PM

Re: shanghai nono
 
Ok. A good bottle of wine doesn't make people alcoholic. LOL
Does it exist chinese wine, Via ? :p

Via 11-11-2007 08:39 PM

Re: shanghai nono
 
well, glad that he's finding things new and exciting, despite the little complaints... he won't be back at a final again, so he'd better enjoy what he can.

it's obvious that no one finds this year-end tournament essential (except when the no.1 title is still up for grabs), but apart from the money, it's also the prestige to qualify and turn up and get pampered all those different ways. so i guess, it may be more like a reward than a challenge.

chinese wine... are you kidding me? the chinese are big buyers of french wine ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.