MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   The French Musketeers (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   French Interclubs (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=112895)

Truc 11-06-2007 07:41 PM

French Interclubs

It's a highlight of the season and clearly deserves a thread. :p

It starts in a few days, the teams are here:
http://www.fft.fr/premiere_division/2007/?id=3341
All the "stars" of the Paris-Jean Bouin are now playing for the Lagardère Paris Racing (except Gaël who probably won't be able to play anyway because of his injury).

julial 11-06-2007 08:06 PM

Re: French Interclubs (10.11-01.12)

It is open to the public?
How do we get there?

Truc 11-06-2007 08:37 PM

Yes, of course, just go there, I think. :shrug: I don't know all the clubs, but I can't believe some of them don't let people watch the matches? You're pretty close to the players, it can be fun (although there are just a few players for the qualifying rounds, of course, not all the big names).
Where do you live?

julial 11-06-2007 09:40 PM

Thanks for the answer, I live in Paris. I am already gone after one time Jean Bouin but I heard it's difficult to go to lagardère paris racing .. But all the major french players play now in this club..
And you, where do you live?

Puschkin 11-07-2007 05:56 AM

Please Richard, stop playing this Mickey Mouse thing. You are beyond that stage. :devil:

Ome 11-07-2007 06:02 AM

I guess the "stars" will only show up in the semis or final like they did last year :lol:

Truc 11-07-2007 06:49 AM

I knew the Gasquetaires would react that way, I even wanted to make a joke about it in the opening post first – "please, Richie is waaaaaay too good for that thing, he belongs to the Masters Cup now". :lol:

I think Richie only showed up for the final last year, but not Paulo, Gaël & Co, Ome. I'm sure Paulo played a couple of qualifying rounds in 2006. And it depends on who you call a "star", but Gilles, Julien, etc. played quite a lot too.
I think they had to to be on the team for the final. But maybe it will be different this year, they've changed the whole format (it's much shorter now).

Truc 11-07-2007 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julial (Post 6233547)
Thanks for the answer, I live in Paris. I am already gone after one time Jean Bouin but I heard it's difficult to go to lagardère paris racing .. But all the major french players play now in this club..
And you, where do you live?

Oh, you're better informed than I am then! I don't know either for the Lagardère Paris Racing, I just know for other clubs like PJB, Lille, Rennes... You mean one has to be a member of the club to attend the matches? ^^

I'm living in Berlin, so no Interclubs for me. But this time I might be in Paris at the time of the final and I hope I can go.

Ome 11-07-2007 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truc (Post 6234354)
I knew the Gasquetaires would react that way, I even wanted to make a joke about it in the opening post first – "please, Richie is waaaaaay too good for that thing, he belongs to the Masters Cup now". :lol:

I think Richie only showed up for the final last year, but not Paulo, Gaël & Co, Ome. I'm sure Paulo played a couple of qualifying rounds in 2006. And it depends on who you call a "star", but Gilles, Julien, etc. played quite a lot too.
I think they had to to be on the team for the final. But maybe it will be different this year, they've changed the whole format (it's much shorter now).

I only remember Paulo playing one round besides the semis and finals. I thought the old format was very long. Too many matches :lol:

BTW... stars, to me, = ATP level players :lol:

Puschkin 11-07-2007 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truc (Post 6234354)
I knew the Gasquetaires would react that way, I even wanted to make a joke about it in the opening post first –"please, Richie is waaaaaay too good for that thing, he belongs to the Masters Cup now".

That's not the point. It is not that he is too good for it. I don't want to be understood that way. Sorry if my previous post was misleading on this.

But I honestly think it will be more important for him to seriously prepare for 2008, particularly to work hard on the service return. He will need that if he wants to be a continous force among the top ten.

Géraldine 11-07-2007 09:43 AM

I live in Rouen. So i went to the interclubs the last three years for the last turns
But now semifinals and finals will be played next to Paris..

Edouard Roger Vasselin stayed in PJB with Monfils whereas all the other are going to play for the Lagardere team...
In the lagardere team, we find all the best french players because Santoro plays now too for this team whereas he played for the As Patton

Truc 11-07-2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puschkin (Post 6234553)
That's not the point. It is not that he is too good for it. I don't want to be understood that way. Sorry if my previous post was misleading on this.

But I honestly think it will be more important for him to seriously prepare for 2008, particularly to work hard on the service return. He will need that if he wants to be a continous force among the top ten.

Ok, ok, ok. ;) But if he isn't on vacation at that time, I think "Le Maître" will play. It won't disturb his preparation for 2008, he just has to be there 2 days.

silverwhite 11-07-2007 01:12 PM

Then again, do they need him to win? Actually, do they even need to play? It's so obvious which team will win. :o

Puschkin 11-07-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truc (Post 6235001)
It won't disturb his preparation for 2008, he just has to be there 2 days.

yeah, that's what everybody will be saying and people will think it is a good thing for him to have some relaxed days with his buddies and they will like it that he is NOT too arrogant to play this crap. :o

I disagree. Time to grow up. I am hardly ever harsh on Richard, but concerning this I am. He has no business there. :fiery:

Ome 11-07-2007 03:57 PM

I think players in one particular team better show up :tape: They're (financially) supported by Lagardère, aren't they? :lol: