MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Chat Threads (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=271)
-   -   Last Movie you watched, and what you thought about it? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=1106)

aura of moya 08-21-2002 01:50 PM

Last Movie you watched, and what you thought about it?

Hi guys,
I thought, everyone likes movies, so I was bored and thought I'd put this thread together.

I watched The Sign on Sunday with Mel Gibson and Joaquin Phoenix in it.
It is director by M. Night Shyamalan, who directered Sixth Sense and Unbreakable.
The film was very interesting, but quite unexpected.
I wont talk about the ending, cause his films have very interesting ones, and this is no exception.
---------------------------
Rating ***1/2 (of 5)

On Monday night, while at work, I watched The Royal Tenenbaums.
This was quite a dark comedy with heaps of great actors in it.
It was a good film, but to be honest, it never really reached the high expectation in which a cast including Gene Hackman, Bill Murray, Ben Stiller and Gwenlyn Paltrow (just to name a few) would warrant from it.
Rating *** (of 5)

Simon V

Leo7 08-21-2002 02:05 PM

Re: Last Movie you watched, and what you thought about it?

Quote:

Originally posted by aura of moya
Hi guys,
I thought, everyone likes movies, so I was bored and thought I'd put this thread together.

I watched The Sign on Sunday with Mel Gibson and Joaquin Phoenix in it.
It is director by M. Night Shyamalan, who directered Sixth Sense and Unbreakable.
The film was very interesting, but quite unexpected.
I wont talk about the ending, cause his films have very interesting ones, and this is no exception.
Rating ***1/2 (of 5)

On Monday night, while at work, I watched The Royal Tenenbaums.
This was quite a dark comedy with heaps of great actors in it.
It was a good film, but to be honest, it never really reached the high expectation in which a cast including Gene Hackman, Bill Murray, Ben Stiller and Gwenlyn Paltrow (just to name a few) would warrant from it.
Rating *** (of 5)

Simon V

oh i saw The Royal Tenebaums! kinda funny, kinda not. the whole suicide part was :fiery: ! so i will give it 3 starts out of 5!

okay...

last movie i saw in theaters:
MIB2

nothing like the original movie. IMO, this sequel fell short, as most sequels do. i DON'T recommend it, it wasn't funny! 1 star out of 5!:(

last movie i saw:
Lord of the Rings

well i just bought this movie on DVD and i've already seen it 5 times!:D :angel: J'adore Cate Blanchett!:hearts: 5 starts out of 5! :D

aura of moya 08-21-2002 02:17 PM

Hi Leo,

I was shocked at the suicide part to. Being a tennis player, it hit home a bit. :sad:
Funny how he was a Borg look a like tho. :p

I fell asleep during MIB2, and thought it was me being tired, but it must have been the movie. Pity, the original was cool.

And Happy Birthday buddy........:) :bounce:
Make sure you enjoy yourself.

Simon V

Layla 08-21-2002 02:26 PM

You won't believe this but I was just thinking of starting a thread with the very same title, Simon!!!!! :eek: :D

5 stars for Lord of the Rings, absolutely. I also read the book 3 times. :o I agree, Cate Blanchett was phenomenal, just perfect for that part. So beautiful and yet so scary. I got goose bumps. But maybe that's not what you meant. :angel:

The last movie I saw was Bandits and it was a complete waste of my time. I went to see it becaue I've never seen a bad movie with Billie Bob Thornton in it... until now! :rolleyes: I have seen terrible movies with Bruce Willis, so maybe I should've known better. The movie was trying so hard to be funny but it only succeeded in being dreadfully dull.
Rating **

But the one before that was a different story. Memento is certainly one of the movies I've seen in the last few years. It's highly original, has a perfect structure, it makes you think and Guy Pierce has once again proven that he's a great actor. I expect great things from Christopher Nolan, the director.
Rating ****1/2

aura of moya 08-21-2002 02:41 PM

Hi Layla,
wow, maybe it was fate huh..........soul mates or something :)

Geee, I kinda feel left out........I haven't seen Lord of the Rings, and haven't really planned to, but now I've recieved another two great reviews, I may have too.

Memento is definitely the most unique film of the last few years, and it succeeds in being brilliant.
Why else would I be downloading a 700mb version off the net :eek:
Guy Pearce is definitely the underrated aussie actor......Russell Crowe the glory hog :p

Simon V :wavey:

Layla 08-21-2002 02:47 PM

Hi soul mate! :wavey:

I have to warn you though. Now you'll never get me off this thread. I'll post here all the time. Once I start talking about movies, you can't shut me up. :rolleyes: :)

But we are about 3 months behind the USA or GB or Australia in terms of what movies we get.

ILR 08-21-2002 02:48 PM

Hmm no 1 recommens MIB2? Was thinkin of goin 2 c that!Prob the last film I saw was What women want on DVD.Its was quite good! :D I wish I knew what all men were thinkin! ;)

Leo7 08-21-2002 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by aura of moya
Hi Leo,

I was shocked at the suicide part to. Being a tennis player, it hit home a bit. :sad:
Funny how he was a Borg look a like tho. :p

yeah, he always wore that damn headband, even when he wasn't playing tennis!lol! but i felt sorry for him when he lost that match 6-0, 6-0, 6-0!:(

and how sick was it that he was in love with his sister?! she was adopted, but still very WRONG!

Leo7 08-21-2002 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by IluvRogi
Hmm no 1 recommens MIB2? Was thinkin of goin 2 c that!Prob the last film I saw was What women want on DVD.Its was quite good! :D I wish I knew what all men were thinkin! ;)
another Mel Gibson fan, just like Simon!

i saw this movie too. it was actually pretty funny, and i always enjoy Helen Hunt movies.

Leo7 08-21-2002 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Leo7

another Mel Gibson fan, just like Simon!

i saw this movie too. it was actually pretty funny, and i always enjoy Helen Hunt movies.

all Helen Hunt movies EXCEPT for Pay It Forward! hated that movie! so cheesy!:p

Layla 08-21-2002 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by IluvRogi
Prob the last film I saw was What women want on DVD.Its was quite good! :D I wish I knew what all men were thinkin! ;)
Are you sure? :p

ILR 08-21-2002 02:54 PM

Hmm any of u seen Road Trip?

aura of moya 08-21-2002 02:54 PM

That was funny when he just sat down on the court......and kinda gave in.
He was cool when he was young, but I think he lost the plot wearing the headband around the streets when he was like in his 20's.......hehehe.

ILR 08-21-2002 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Layla

Are you sure? :p

Erm on second thoughts,not everything,just what they thought about me! ;)

Layla 08-21-2002 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Leo7

all Helen Hunt movies EXCEPT for Pay It Forward! hated that movie! so cheesy!:p

Pay It Forward was disgusting. And I'm a HUGE Kevin Spacey fan. It was so bad it was painful. :eek: