MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Different Names for the Player Forums? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=108683)

Sean.J.S. 08-25-2007 10:46 AM

Different Names for the Player Forums?

I like it how on WTAw pretty much all the player forums are cool, such as "Serena Slam" for Serena and "There's Something About Mary" for Mary Pierce and "The Tower of Power" for Davenport. But on MTF they are all just "Andy Roddick" or "Roger Federer". Is it possible to rename them to something more exciting like on WTAw? :confused:

Thanks. :)

Nathaliia 08-25-2007 11:27 AM

Re: Different Names for the Player Forums?

I think taking ones from General messages is a good idea, such as "piggy roasting" for Nadal ;)

Neely 08-25-2007 01:34 PM

Yes, this would be possible, but it was hardly ever proposed and I guess it would be difficult for members to agree on one description. This process could turn into a quite a big affair IMO.

And last but not least, only the webmaster and big boss can change this for us, and maybe they wouldn't want to change it at all if they don't like it. I just don't know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathaliia (Post 5910822)
I think taking ones from General messages is a good idea, such as "piggy roasting" for Nadal ;)

No, we were talking about the player forums, not about a bashing forum or bashing topic :p

Sean.J.S. 08-25-2007 02:25 PM

Well we could just have a thread in the particular players' forum to discuss possible names, and then create a poll with the different options and the one which has the most votes, wins. :shrug:

Neely 08-25-2007 04:09 PM

Sure, it could be done like this, no question. I'm just a bit sceptical how many people would love to have these special forum descriptions and if enough of them would also risk to have one they would like or agree with if it gets still voted by the majority.

Scotso 08-27-2007 06:49 PM

Well you could do two polls, one with the different options, and then another with the winner or "leave it like it is."

I dunno, it could be fun to have some unique names. I think for the most part people could agree on something acceptable.

I like the unique names on WTAworld.

Sean.J.S. 12-07-2007 10:11 AM

Anyone still interested in this idea?

~*BGT*~ 02-01-2008 03:26 AM

That sounds cool to me.

16681 02-01-2008 03:44 PM

I think it would be a big problem. I can just see posters fighting about it now :boxing: