MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The effects of Globalization in Indonesia (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=107623)

RonE 08-09-2007 09:16 PM

The effects of Globalization in Indonesia

Very interesting- if you have the time and patience to watch this video I suggest you do:

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zo_x...elated&search=

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuEso...elated&search=

Part 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_O--...elated&search=

Part 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ih77...elated&search=

Part 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge9-C...elated&search=

Part 6:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIzUA...elated&search=

Part 7:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0aYj...elated&search=

mtw 08-10-2007 10:57 AM

Re: The effects of Globalization in Indonesia

The problem of flood in Indonesia in the last time relies upon degradation of natural environment in this region by inhabitants. I don't know, whether it is dependent on globalisation ( for instance cutting of tropical rainforest - maybe it is dependent on west states, ecpecially of course USA )
Monsoons rains were always in this regions. The fall is probably not more intensive, than earlier. The problem relies upon that human population will grow in this region and these people will thread for own natural environment. They occupy regions of tropical rain forrests ( they stubbed rain forrests and it seems that these forests were not only to embellish landscape or to be redundant element of it, but they fullfilled important task to protect from flood - and it was only one task .) Sorry, but life and truth is brutal. People will devastate own environment and they fall together. We are not the lords of creation, who have absolute power, but we are only part of nature to which we will have to adapt or we will fall. And Indonesians will probably face such natural disasters year in year in the past.
There ar many cretins, who stub or to want to stub the forrests to build highway or bases or buildings, but this example of Indonesia should be lesson. The trees, which grows tousends years have onw concrete tasks. There are not only redundant obstacle.

RonE 08-10-2007 04:11 PM

Well MTW, it is pretty clear you have not watched the videos because the subject is not about monsoons or trees but rather the effects of globalization worldwide and in Indoneisa specifically and the policies of the IMF and World Bank keeping the country indebted to the west while the small exclusive elite get filthy rich and the poor struggle to make ends meet.

You should specifically find it rather interesting since they are particularly critical of U.S and British policies.

On a more serious note, I found it fascinating to watch and I must say I had no idea Soeharto's regime had a hand in such a bloodbath of murders. I knew it was corrupt to the core but never to this degree.

Jim Jones 08-10-2007 07:45 PM

Actually it is because of the nation's rapid population growth that Indonesia is chopping down trees. More and more indonesians would be farmers and they need land to cultivate and settle.

Environmentalism is not a big thing in muslim nations as it is in the west. The people are encouraged to have many children and when there is a program to give vaccin for diseases like polio some extremists won't allow people to take it because they say it is designed to make muslim people infertile so they won't reproduce like flies. :lol:

mtw 08-12-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jones (Post 5829049)
Actually it is because of the nation's rapid population growth that Indonesia is chopping down trees. More and more indonesians would be farmers and they need land to cultivate and settle.

Environmentalism is not a big thing in muslim nations as it is in the west. The people are encouraged to have many children and when there is a program to give vaccin for diseases like polio some extremists won't allow people to take it because they say it is designed to make muslim people infertile so they won't reproduce like flies. :lol:

Sorry, but most of these people in Indonesia are Hindus or Buddhists ( India, Bangladesh etc. ). And they multiple in very quick tempo. I don't help to these states because it is quite pointless in my opinion. They have disasters most of all thanks to own plundering activity ( cutting of forrests ) and it will not stop. Besides they will become millions of money year in year and what with thiese money? UNICEF will buy eat and colourful booklets.
It gives such effect that they will multiple more intensive and they will endanger to environment more and more. I don't understand it completely. They should think. There is a big poverty sorrounded by malnutrieted, poor children, who have no future. It is very sad.

I don't understand what do you want from these Muslims exactly? Simplicity and supersticions are not dependent on religion. There are simple Christians, Atheists, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists, Animalists and other sectarians. It is dependent on level of education and definitely on illiteracy. But actions against illiteracy should be dependent on governments of some states. Supporting of regimes in some states ( for instance this in some Arabian states, maybe not some but majority of Arabian states ) leads to such strange and very often dangerous things. But feudal governments are supported in these states and especially by aministration of USA. It is very short-sighted politics. But will these politicians understand it? They destroyed one secular Arabian state, which was very close to west standards and what now? Who will take controll: Saudis men with aureoles on heads and dresses to basis? Will it be better?
Vaccin against polio is very important but I don't know, if you heared. A few years ago was a big action of UNICEF - natural nutriation of children in Africa - thanks to this action tousends of children were HIV - infected ( they were nutriated by infected mothers ). Such actions as vaccinations should be carried out by governments of countries.

mtw 08-12-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonE (Post 5827906)
Well MTW, it is pretty clear you have not watched the videos because the subject is not about monsoons or trees but rather the effects of globalization worldwide and in Indoneisa specifically and the policies of the IMF and World Bank keeping the country indebted to the west while the small exclusive elite get filthy rich and the poor struggle to make ends meet.

You should specifically find it rather interesting since they are particularly critical of U.S and British policies.

On a more serious note, I found it fascinating to watch and I must say I had no idea Soeharto's regime had a hand in such a bloodbath of murders. I knew it was corrupt to the core but never to this degree.

Globalisation is quite good idea, but just and right globalisation with equal acces of all countries to world trade. But never global wars caused by Americans and Britts or vile playing up of natural resources of poor countries ( most of all USA and GB make these things, but some other west states make it too ). It is crime. And if this globalisation will be convert into neocolonialism, then it will be better to stop it immedietely. It will give nothing to anybody.

Jim Jones 08-12-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtw (Post 5837867)
Sorry, but most of these people in Indonesia are Hindus or Buddhists ( India, Bangladesh etc. ). And they multiple in very quick tempo. I don't help to these states because it is quite pointless in my opinion. They have disasters most of all thanks to own plundering activity ( cutting of forrests ) and it will not stop. Besides they will become millions of money year in year and what with thiese money? UNICEF will buy eat and colourful booklets.
It gives such effect that they will multiple more intensive and they will endanger to environment more and more. I don't understand it completely. They should think. There is a big poverty sorrounded by malnutrieted, poor children, who have no future. It is very sad.

I don't understand what do you want from these Muslims exactly? Simplicity and supersticions are not dependent on religion. There are simple Christians, Atheists, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists, Animalists and other sectarians. It is dependent on level of education and definitely on illiteracy. But actions against illiteracy should be dependent on governments of some states. Supporting of regimes in some states ( for instance this in some Arabian states, maybe not some but majority of Arabian states ) leads to such strange and very often dangerous things. But feudal governments are supported in these states and especially by aministration of USA. It is very short-sighted politics. But will these politicians understand it? They destroyed one secular Arabian state, which was very close to west standards and what now? Who will take controll: Saudis men with aureoles on heads and dresses to basis? Will it be better?
Vaccin against polio is very important but I don't know, if you heared. A few years ago was a big action of UNICEF - natural nutriation of children in Africa - thanks to this action tousends of children were HIV - infected ( they were nutriated by infected mothers ). Such actions as vaccinations should be carried out by governments of countries.

Actually most people in Bangladesh and Indonesia (the world's most populous muslim nation) are muslims. As for India, the natural increase rate is also high so yes it is not just muslims that have large families. But India's population increase is less then that of Pakistan.

RonE 08-13-2007 10:48 AM

OK, quick question- has anyone actually seen the videos in the first post? :help:

mtw 08-13-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jones (Post 5841240)
Actually most people in Bangladesh and Indonesia (the world's most populous muslim nation) are muslims. As for India, the natural increase rate is also high so yes it is not just muslims that have large families. But India's population increase is less then that of Pakistan.

I don't know, but it seems that you have Muslimophobia. You see Muslims everywhere ( Bush sees terrorists everywhere and you see Muslims everywhere ). Sorry but it seems that majority of Bangladesh and Indonesian people are not Muslims. India's population is too big too. Besides I don't know why it is, maybe cause of religious convictions, but caste system is in India. And poverty of India is full accepted by government, but it could be better. There are castes, which abound in affluence and there is terrible poverty on the streets. Besides India has nuclear weapon. If a state has nuclear weapon and money for armaments then it should have money for own poor people. I don't understand, why I should give my money to help people, who do not live in poor state. They have terrible government and caste - feudal system and it is the problem.

mtw 08-13-2007 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonE (Post 5843910)
OK, quick question- has anyone actually seen the videos in the first post? :help:

Nobody saw it. You should summarize, what is in these videos. But You have right. Globalisation should be right with admission of all countries to world trade and right payment for all.
Present art of globalisation is possessive neocolonisation and it should be stopped immedietely.

Jim Jones 08-13-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtw (Post 5845555)
I don't know, but it seems that you have Muslimophobia. You see Muslims everywhere ( Bush sees terrorists everywhere and you see Muslims everywhere ). Sorry but it seems that majority of Bangladesh and Indonesian people are not Muslims. India's population is too big too. Besides I don't know why it is, maybe cause of religious convictions, but caste system is in India. And poverty of India is full accepted by government, but it could be better. There are castes, which abound in affluence and there is terrible poverty on the streets. Besides India has nuclear weapon. If a state has nuclear weapon and money for armaments then it should have money for own poor people. I don't understand, why I should give my money to help people, who do not live in poor state. They have terrible government and caste - feudal system and it is the problem.

I agree with you on India on caste system. You see I don't yap at you like you do with me. Also I suggest you look up info on Bangladesh and Indonesia before you make foolish comments.

buddyholly 08-14-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtw (Post 5845555)
Sorry but it seems that majority of Bangladesh and Indonesian people are not Muslims.

Your posts are usually too funny to be taken seriously and I always assumed you were just putting other posters on. However, in this thread you seem to be trying to be serious, you are certainly not funny. But since about 88% of Indonesians are Muslims, it is pretty clear that you lack the intelligence to be taken seriously.

mtw 08-15-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jones (Post 5847089)
I agree with you on India on caste system. You see I don't yap at you like you do with me. Also I suggest you look up info on Bangladesh and Indonesia before you make foolish comments.

You yap too, but in your way.

mtw 08-15-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddyholly (Post 5851287)
Your posts are usually too funny to be taken seriously and I always assumed you were just putting other posters on. However, in this thread you seem to be trying to be serious, you are certainly not funny. But since about 88% of Indonesians are Muslims, it is pretty clear that you lack the intelligence to be taken seriously.

And your post are too stupid and galling to read it.
And what is the point of your post? Majority of people in Indonesia are Muslims. O'K'. Majority of India population are Hindu ( or not, maybe they are Muslim too - maybe you have new information ). Majority of black Africans are Animalists or Christians or Muslims. Majority of people in South America are Christians too. Is religion a protection against poverty and natural disasters or disasters caused by other people? I think not. Maybe your natural religion protects against natural disasters ( druids and similar things, but normal religion can not protect against it ). Besides some natural disasters as for instance earthquakes can not be prevented . Besides these disasters as the last flood in Indonesia showed as stupid and dangerous is destroying of natural environment. Everybody sees it. It is very sorry, but these people will have these disasters year in year. And it has no sense to load money in such help as throwing a food. It is senseless, short-term help. And what's next. Everybody will forget and plundeing politisc will develope further. Maybe they are victims of globalisation and this destroying of forrests is the blame of plundering politics of west countries for instance your state. So you can help them. Send your money there.
But the basic problem is that no natural disaster is so tragic, sad and severe as these disasters, which were caused by people. For instance war. You can confront: war in Iraq caused by American and British leader - total destroying of country, millions of refugees, invalids, 1 mln killed people and for instance natural disaster floods ( 120 people or 200 people or even 2000 - but it is not such tragedy as war ) I think that you agree.

buddyholly 08-16-2007 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtw (Post 5856856)
And your post are too stupid and galling to read it.
And what is the point of your post? Majority of people in Indonesia are Muslims. O'K'.

In a previous post you said that the majority of people in Indonesia are not Muslim. Now you say, OK, the majority of Indonesians are Muslim.

The point of my post was to show by example that what you write is invariably just nonsense.