MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Tommy Haas (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Tommy is playing the US open! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=105279)

<Eve> 07-04-2007 11:51 AM

Tommy is playing the US open!

As Wimbledon ended for Tommy :sad:, I thought lets start a new thread.
So if anyone has news on Tommy's recovery you can put it in here :yeah:

Lets start with the full translation of the German article.. (and again, real German ppl please tell if i translated it wrong)

Germany's number 1 has a torn abdominal muscle (2,5cm long). Because of this he had to cancel the 1/8Final against Roger Federer.
Haas: 'I'm counting on a rest of 2 to 4 weeks' .Though it seems like it's going to take more time. Tommy's ex trainer Nick Bollettieri said: 'There won't be a play for the next 6 to 8 weeks' This will threaten the start of the US Open (august 28th-september 9th).
Prof. Kabelka (tournament physician at the Hamburger Rothenbaum) says: 'It's a dangerous injury. Mary Pierce and Venus Williams had to quit for a couple of months when they had this same injury. When you start too soon, it's possible you tear it again easily.
At the moment Haas gets treatment from his physiotherapist Klaus Eder in Donaustauf. When he will return to the tour is unknown.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Deutschlands Nr. 1 hatte sich eine schwere Bauchmuskelzerrung mit einem 2,5 Zentimeter langen Riss zugezogen und musste sein Achtelfinale gegen Roger Federer/Schweiz absagen.
Haas: „Ich rechne mit zwei bis vier Wochen Pause.“ Doch jetzt sieht es so aus, als würde es viel länger dauern. Tommys Ex-Trainer Nick Bollettieri verriet: „Er wird sechs bis acht Wochen nicht spielen können.“ Dann wäre der Start bei den US Open (27. 8. – 9. 9.) in Gefahr.
Prof. Dr. Bernd Kabelka, Turnierarzt am Hamburger Rothenbaum, warnt: „Eine gefährliche Verletzung. Mary Pierce und Venus Williams mussten damit mehrere Monate pausieren. Wenn man zu früh anfängt, kann gleich wieder was reißen.“
Haas ist zur Zeit bei Physiotherapeut Klaus Eder in Donaustauf in Behandlung. Wann er auf die Tour zurückkehrt, ist ungewiss.)

martine2 07-04-2007 05:17 PM

Re: Recovery after injury, how is Tommy doing? Can/will he play the US Open?

Translation is correct.
Let's hope he's not suffering too much, because a torn muscle is very painful :sad:

16681 07-05-2007 01:58 AM

I hope Tommy is not in pain and will heal well ;) But he had better not try to rush back and play the U.S. Open--please :angel: I think Tommy's year is pretty much done :sad: He is going to be missing out on some of his best Tournament win chances :sad: There isn't much left after the U.S. Open :bigcry: If Tommy hadn't pushed so hard to play Wimbledon, he might have been playing in the Masters Cup :crying2:

Jogy 07-05-2007 11:03 AM

I hope Tommy can come back soon
so long time going to without him in tennis :sad: :sad:

kiwi10is 07-05-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mae (Post 5622271)
I hope Tommy is not in pain and will heal well ;) But he had better not try to rush back and play the U.S. Open--please :angel: I think Tommy's year is pretty much done :sad: He is going to be missing out on some of his best Tournament win chances :sad: There isn't much left after the U.S. Open :bigcry: If Tommy hadn't pushed so hard to play Wimbledon, he might have been playing in the Masters Cup :crying2:

Calm down Mae... Kiwi had this injury last year in Monte Carlo and he was fit again for Hamburg... only 2 weeks break!

TommyB. 07-05-2007 03:56 PM

I don't know if 2 weeks are enough to recover. I mean it's not only a pulled muscle. But we have to wait and hope for the best.

kiwi10is 07-05-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyB. (Post 5626644)
I don't know if 2 weeks are enough to recover. I mean it's not only a pulled muscle. But we have to wait and hope for the best.

no maybe not but I don`t think this year is over already!! He said 3-4 weeks.... not 5 months

TommyB. 07-05-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi10is (Post 5626755)
no maybe not but I don`t think this year is over already!! He said 3-4 weeks.... not 5 months

Yes I agree with you. I think he'll return in few weeks.

And he must return, we'll need him in Davis Cup (btw Kiwi too).

kiwi10is 07-05-2007 04:39 PM

Kiwi is ready to go... but Kühnen said in Oostende that he doesn`t want Kiwi this year...

TommyB. 07-05-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi10is (Post 5626977)
Kiwi is ready to go... but Kühnen said in Oostende that he doesn`t want Kiwi this year...

Bad decision imo. But I know, there were some problems between Kiwi and Kühnen (Tommy too).

kiwi10is 07-05-2007 05:50 PM

well.. Kühnen is the one to decide but in my opinion he'd look stupid not to choose Kiwi if his comeback goes on like it started.... healthy Kiwi & Tommy plus Kohlmann & Waske in doubles would have a chance to beat Russia

16681 07-05-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi10is (Post 5626570)
Calm down Mae... Kiwi had this injury last year in Monte Carlo and he was fit again for Hamburg... only 2 weeks break!

Unless I'm very much mistaken this injury to Kiwi was no where as bad as Tommy's injury. Also I wasn't meaning Tommy wouldn't be playing for months I just meant he is going to be missing out on the Tournaments he usually does well at :sad:

wenty 07-06-2007 04:20 AM

Get well soon Tommy, and stay positive :)